Did your first character become your main?

Yep
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Wolfmother
Just curious as to how many people's first characters (when I say first character, I mean the first character that you got out of the starting zone) became their mains and still are their mains? This was my first character, I'm getting bored to tears with him because he's getting stale, and am thinking about maining a new character. Can't stand the thought of lettin' ol' Wolfy go though :( my first flying mount, first healer, first heroic, first level capped character, first character through the delicious northrend.. the list goes on to the point where it would feel awkward for him to not be my "main"

Yes, and no... My first character was made on the wrong realm. I had started playing WoW to play with a couple of RL friends, one of which gave me vague instructions regarding the name of the server I should join to be able to play with them... I made an Orc hunter on the original realm, and then found out about the wrong server issue, and recreated this mage on the correct server... Since then, he has, and will always be, my main, and favorite character.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Yes! This is the first character I ever created in 2006 and still is my main today :)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
3rd character.

Started as a Paladin. Ding'd 60 and realized my end game position was not what I wanted. Decided to try a Warrior and fell in love. Played my Warrior throughout most of Vanilla before creating a Rogue for PvP(city ganking was very appealing) Once BC dropped, I stuck with the Rogue and haven't looked back.
Reply Quote
95 Undead Rogue
Did your first character become your main?
No.

My 1st toon was/is a Tauren Warrior.

Then I discovered Rogues. <------

Many smiles there. :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
My lock is always my main and one I do my achievements on. Other toons get em when its convienent.
Reply Quote
52 Human Paladin
Nope. Became harder and harder to play as the years went on and so many changes happened to the class. Didn't want to not perform well so my first character is simply a farming toon.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
My first character was my main all through Vanilla, but we decided to try the other side of the fence during BC. Then we jumped to another server and went back to Alliance for Wrath.

I can't say I have a main - I have too many alts that at one time or another I'll play more than the others for a spell before switching again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Not on the least. YAY STORY TIME!

When I first started playing WoW in vanilla, naturally I was brought in by a group of friends that wanted me to raid with them. I've always been the kind of person to adapt to a group so I asked them what they needed. That was my first mistake.

Oh, we need a healer, they said! So I poked around and thought Discipline Priests looked kind of cool, so that's what I started with. No one really had time to help me level, despite the promises of "Oh, we'll get you to 60 in no time!" so I got to around level 27 or so with no help. I was actually pretty proud of that accomplishment at the time. >>

Then, someone hit me up and said "You know, we've filled in our healers recently, but we could really use a tank!" Okay, I guess... I didn't get too far, I can change what I'm leveling. I then rolled a warrior. I had a lot of fun leveling as Arms, and now that you could change your spec, I didn't feel like I had to level as something sub-optimal. I got really into PvP and had a 3rd rank title on a level 47 character... It was kind of ridiculous. But, I spent so much time not leveling that I wasn't going to hit 60 before Burning Crusade came out.

And at that point, I was approached yet again. "You know, since Horde are getting Paladins, we're really going to need a few of them..."

ALRIGHT, ALREADY. FINE. ONE MORE TIME.

I never regretted the decision though. This guy has been my favorite character, and probably always will be. He has a personality as much as a rich history. Right now, though, he's taking a break. My main is currently my Death Knight. I'll come back to being a Paladin at some point, I'm sure. But I've learned throughout my years in WoW that sticking yourself to just one main character is a disservice to the rich gameplay that each individual class offers.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
First character, not just the first one I managed to level, the very first character I ever created.

I don't plan on retiring Caden until I quit WoW altogether.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
My first is long, long, long gone. 5 servers and 3 expansions ago.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
only in TBC, then it got made into a farmer/banker
Reply Quote
<--- first character he was a gobbles when I started. I will be rolling another gobbles soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
My first was a troll hunter made at the end of wotlk, i was recruited through the raf system but as soon as that hunter hit i think 55 was the requirement i made a dk and that has been my main ever since. The said troll hunter was later deleted.
Reply Quote
My main from start was this hunter. Played him during BC, stated raiding and quit playing WoW. Came back to Wrath and played a DK til MoP. Now I'm back on my hunter as my main :)
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Priest
My very first was a Nightelf hunter back in BC , I don't remember what server that she was on after I deleted her . After comming across Blood Elves , I was hooked and that's where I made my hunter .
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
My belf mage was my first character to 80, first to 85 and now he sits forever alone until I get bored enough with my shaman/hunter/dk to level him. So he was my main for years and now I guess he's alt number 4/9.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]