How is the raid pugging community?

83 Pandaren Shaman
Roughly half of my main's raiding guild is looking to transfer to a PVE server and hoping to keep raiding together. Realizing it's unlikely most guilds are looking for that many people for their team, we think we'll try to start our own group if we can't find something and hopefully build it up until a consistent core. Is it easy to grab pugs to fill a group, or do people on Medivh tend to stick to guild raids?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well you'd be surprised. Depending on roles, there are some groups looking for more then a few people. I know my guild is looking to have a second core group, and alternate people and raids on the days, that way everyone is still core and working on progression without having to raid 4-5 days a week. We could do our 2nd group with as little as 3-4 people and with as many as 7-8.

The PuG community is a little rough right now IMO. Last night one of my dps was stuck at work late and needed to be replaced and it took calling in favors to find a dps, let alone healers or tanks.

If it's something you'd be interested in, let me know and we can hop in vent for a chat. I might even be able to help find you guys a home (If we aren't the right fit). My whole raid team just left to form our own guild, and we got lucky with a couple recruits to round things out, but otherwise it's harder to PuG or recruit with everyone being guilded and doing their thing.
Edited by Reandell on 11/9/2012 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Hi ya,

Depending on which days you guys are avaiable to raid, Cheezburger may be able to accomodate you. We recently started raiding again and we´re still looking to round things out, or at least put together a stable group. Drop me a line here or in game if you would like any further info.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Also if you'd like to battle-tag ChristopherT#1116.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm starting to see some more PUG activity which is nice. I'd love for this server to get some more people on it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Haven't seen any full PUG runs on Horde side yet. Not even sure who is interested in raiding aside from those who contact me directly or are in a raid guild aleady.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think it'll be a little bit longer before the pugging community is confident enough in this Tier to do full pug runs. Between class changes and the way the raids are built, I know I wouldn't want to get into a full pug right now unless I already knew a handful of the people in the group.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]