Cross realm rp summit

90 Human Warrior
Hellow, I am Baranalot from the Earthring realm. I humbly invite you all to do a roleplay summit at west brook Garrison near goldshire. I invite both the big, and small rp guilds to come together and talk about problems we see in all of our individual realms see.

Our main goals of the talk is to:

1. Promote Cross realm rp

2. Through our actions ask blizzard to make everything cross realm to make things easier on everyone.

3.To come together as Roleplayers weither we do weird stuff, come together and atleast have fun (which is what this game is meant to do)

4. Promote roleplaying outside of the capital cities(regardless of fraction) and just come out to roleplay about the war.

5. To tie in indvidual stories into the war that is going on with the alliance and the horde.

-on a side note for the horde rpers please find a leader for your summit that way we can help ourselves first then get on with fighting each other in pvp.

If you have any questions please post on the Earthenring Realm forums.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I've talked with you in the past over this idea and have given you my full support in the matter, but a question- when precisely do you plan on holding it again? I remember you saying it will be held post-5.1. If so, I just would like confirmation in the matter then. Simply curious, but I do, yet again, give my full support in this and offer my services to assist you in holding this in any way, shape, or form.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/09/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Agalladorn
I've talked with you in the past over this idea and have given you my full support in the matter, but a question- when precisely do you plan on holding it again? I remember you saying it will be held post-5.1. If so, I just would like confirmation in the matter then. Simply curious, but I do, yet again, give my full support in this and offer my services to assist you in holding this in any way, shape, or form.
O man, a reason i did this was to look for you actually :D Prolly from a week or 2 from now so I would say friday of next week. I want to see what happens with that date and we can all go on that from there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm confused- the sixteenth or the twenty-third for verification?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/10/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Agalladorn
I'm confused- the sixteenth or the twenty-third for verification?
16th
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I spoke with Argent Dawn rpers, and they are pretty cool and inortmative people. They have a good amount of concerns in which we share and are willing to try applicable solutions to them.

Also, Moonguard is on the emberstorm battlegroup so I am going to start Real ID friend all of them so that we can have them come as well
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This right here is a definition of trolling/harassement.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Bump!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I want to put forth that Baranalot has been a troll on Earthen Ring who has spread unrest by targetting roleplayers and using racial slurs. His intentions appear good on the outset, but his approach has been to bully and disregard efforts of roleplayers who have spearheaded community-building efforts before and have done so without insulting players with bigotry.

For further evidence of his vitriol, please see the thread on ER forums. His other threads were deleted after being reported to Blizzard:

Thank you for posting that link. Upon entering I saw a post about trying to grow RP on two servers, to give a chance to those people interested in meeting more RPers and moving in that direction. What I saw right after was an attack from numerous individuals on Earthen Ring. My first impressions from what you linked as I do not know anyone over there is that you have a very hostile "set in their ways" I would say community but again just a few people.

I do hope not everyone on Earthen Ring is that hostile and look forward to events such as the one proposed above. Our communities and RP will not grow if we all just hide in our own corners and don't talk to anyone else....... unless that is how you RP your toon of course :D
Reply Quote
I want to put forth that Baranalot has been a troll on Earthen Ring who has spread unrest by targetting roleplayers and using racial slurs. His intentions appear good on the outset, but his approach has been to bully and disregard efforts of roleplayers who have spearheaded community-building efforts before and have done so without insulting players with bigotry.

For further evidence of his vitriol, please see the thread on ER forums. His other threads were deleted after being reported to Blizzard:

Thank you for posting that link. Upon entering I saw a post about trying to grow RP on two servers, to give a chance to those people interested in meeting more RPers and moving in that direction. What I saw right after was an attack from numerous individuals on Earthen Ring. My first impressions from what you linked as I do not know anyone over there is that you have a very hostile "set in their ways" I would say community but again just a few people.

I do hope not everyone on Earthen Ring is that hostile and look forward to events such as the one proposed above. Our communities and RP will not grow if we all just hide in our own corners and don't talk to anyone else....... unless that is how you RP your toon of course :D

I thank you for the honest opinion.

The thread quickly turned into a flame war. I want to say truly that what Baranalot proposed in its essence was good, but he has an individual has taken to harassing members of Earthen Ring and has done so for some time. He has been banned from ingame community channels for calling people names. Past drama threads on the ER forums were deleted. He has since proposed this cross-realm idea and though there as initial positive interest in it by the ER community, it quickly dried up when he began harassing and blackmailing people.

I suppose I simply want to stress that the flame you see isn't about cross-realm and bringing the best of RP communities together (there are plenty of people, myself included, who support it), but centered on one individual who has taken to burning bridges and insulting members of the community who reach out to help him.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006246433?page=4#76

I agree that community is a good thing and I truly wish that this idea wasn't brought to other servers with such a black mark attached to it. Cross-realm roleplay is something that I truly hope could work. But I think that for it to, we'd need to accept the best and worst among our communities. None of us are perfect. Each of us have our best and worst, Mister Baranalot included. I think for any effort like this to work, we'd need to come to know, accept, and work with the honest parts of each other.

Know that my intentions are that far and that far only and I will not intrude on your forums further at your request.
Edited by Lannden on 11/12/2012 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

I thank you for the honest opinion.

The thread quickly turned into a flame war. I want to say truly that what Baranalot proposed in its essence was good, but he has an individual has taken to harassing members of Earthen Ring and has done so for some time. He has been banned from ingame community channels for calling people names. Past drama threads on the ER forums were deleted. He has since proposed this cross-realm idea and though there as initial positive interest in it by the ER community, it quickly dried up when he began harassing and blackmailing people.

I suppose I simply want to stress that the flame you see isn't about cross-realm and bringing the best of RP communities together (there are plenty of people, myself included, who support it), but centered on one individual who has taken to burning bridges and insulting members of the community who reach out to help him.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006246433?page=4#76

I agree that community is a good thing and I truly wish that this idea wasn't brought to other servers with such a black mark attached to it. Cross-realm roleplay is something that I truly hope could work. But I think that for it to, we'd need to accept the best and worst among our communities. None of us are perfect. Each of us have our best and worst, Mister Baranalot included. I think for any effort like this to work, we'd need to come to know, accept, and work with the honest parts of each other.

Know that my intentions are that far and that far only and I will not intrude on your forums further at your request.
You dude, I am about done with ya. Reported for harassment and flamming.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thank you for showing your concern Lannden but as you stated what he is trying to accomplish is a good thing and needs to be done. He may be this horrible person you speak of on your realm but I don't see anyone else trying to do what he is so in my eyes at this moment he is awesome. If it turns out as you say then hey you were right and we move on but this idea will NEVER work if no one is supporting him. Even as you cleary dispise eachother if this idea is going to work to blossum RP between our realms then you need to put aside your differences and work to gether for the common good that is our communities!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Alrighty, the actual date is december 1st at 5:00pm at Raven Hill, duskwood. Please everybody try to make it -Baranalot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/14/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Baranalot
Alrighty, the actual date is december 1st at 5:00pm at Raven Hill, duskwood. Please everybody try to make it -Baranalot.

I will try my hardest to be there and support this movement!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/14/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Honadan

I will try my hardest to be there and support this movement!
Thanks I am trying to get the word out to all of our rpers.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Kreeti will be there to definitely represent Agency, yup yup! I think I'll bring some piecake too :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/18/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Kreeti
Kreeti will be there to definitely represent Agency, yup yup! I think I'll bring some piecake too :D
Sweet pie!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Bump!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]