Garalon Changes - Raid Finder, Normal, Heroic

Community Manager
We’ve recently hotfixed the Raid Finder version of Garalon, reducing both his health and Furious Swipe damage. In addition, and also exclusive to the Raid Finder version of this encounter, Garalon's Crush ability now has a cooldown, and we’ve corrected an issue with his aggro radius to prevent players from drawing aggro until a player has entered a ring.

With regard to all raid difficulties, after further testing the encounter, we realized that certain abilities were having unintended effects. Blade Flurry, Inferno Blast and Sweeping Strikes were doing double damage to Garalon's body while attacking his legs, which was not intended. We are currently implementing a hotfix, which should take effect after realms are restarted, that will cause these abilities to do normal damage to the body while continuing to do double damage to the legs.

Further updates can be found here, including a change to all classes who have pets.
Edited by Crithto on 11/12/2012 4:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Increasing encounter difficulty after 20 guilds have killed it is always a good move. Remember Hodir?
Reply Quote
Thank you! I've been trying all week to find an LFR group that could kill him and it just wasn't happening.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
"We don't like changing fights during the week."
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Paladin
11/10/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Daggard

Your complaint being they listened to feedback within days of release of new content, and fixed it promptly?

Seriously what point do you even have here?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
11/10/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Knockerella

Your complaint being they listened to feedback within days of release of new content, and fixed it promptly?

Seriously what point do you even have here?

The complaint is that they made a fight more difficult 4 days after it became available, and after 20 guilds have killed it. This change makes it harder for other guilds to catch up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Wait, so somehow this wasn't intended on Garalon? Were you guys just oblivious to Halfus and Magmaw in Cata (and probably other bosses too)?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Significant changes to two encounters within one raid in one week seems indicative of very poor pre-release testing and/or balancing.
Reply Quote
When do they update it?
No one is stupid to run it without this patch.
Edited by Monkung on 11/10/2012 10:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/10/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Crithto
We are currently implementing a hotfix, which should take effect after realms are restarted, that will cause these abilities to do normal damage to the body while continuing to do double damage to the legs.

Will this have a compensation nerf? Haven't progressed on Heroic HOF (no attempts made), but the joke is "It's just like Heroic Spine" (Class Stacking). I honestly have no opinion on the matter, just curious.

___

And the LFR chage was for griefing. It's not nerfed because it was hard to handle, it was too dependent on every player not standing in a radius for the duration of an encounter--which,by LFR standards, may as well be a Heroic encounter (since you're queuing with random players).

Change doesn't effect anything, just makes sure there's less 2/6 queues ('cause the boss will be dead.)
Edited by Cyous on 11/10/2012 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Garalon needs to be less vulnerable to cleaving mechanics (Blade Flurry, in particular, is outrageously strong), have a larger health pool, or both.

Rogues and warriors need to not be as OP for this fight, bring the player not the class.. remember? Or, you know, feel free to leave it as is and we'll gladly cheese it. We would rather not though.

and the general mechanics of the fight lend itself so heavily to multi-dot and cleave specs that it makes me, personally, feel vastly inadequate.

Good thing you guys did all that Beta testing and read and reflected all that feedback from the testers so you didn't have to make significant changes to heroic encounters in the middle of live progression.... Oh wait. This week makes the heroic encounter devs look like a bunch of clowns.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
What I find perhaps most hilarious about this is that these mechanics doing this much damage was 'unintended' which I suppose means that day 1's 6 minute normal mode enrage was meant to be achieved WITHOUT them doing double damage to the body, with average gear, etc. Blizzards tuning has dome some terribly silly things early in this expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
11/10/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Mowntain
WOW read the post again LOL! After numerous days of whining from certain babies in the community they NERFED the fight!

We're all talking about heroic. I don't care how much easier they make the LFR version... If they replaced all bosses in LFR with target dummies it wouldn't really matter, you can already ignore most mechanics on every boss.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/10/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Monopaly
You got your nerf last week when they went from 6 min to 7 min on BOTH normal and heroic timers.

You realize that without stacking, a 6min enrage was really tough to meet--for a normal mode, right?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I was hoping this was going to be a health decrease for normal since 10 man guilds are needing to pretty much remove their tanks in order to make the dps requirements.

Oh well, I guess this is another example of not caring!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I was hoping this was going to be a health decrease for normal since 10 man guilds are needing to pretty much remove their tanks in order to make the dps requirements.

Oh well, I guess this is another example of not caring!

Garalon isn't tanked on normal mode, so yes, you should "remove your tanks" (or have them swap to a DPS spec).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]