Garalon Changes - Raid Finder, Normal, Heroic

100 Blood Elf Warrior
11/10/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Casa
Increasing encounter difficulty after 20 guilds have killed it is always a good move. Remember Hodir?

Yeah, thanks for that Blizz.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
11/10/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Mowntain
Crush on CD which was probably the #1 killer of pugs

The number one killer of pugs was people thinking purple ring was a buff. Poor communication and lack of understanding of fight mechanics. adding a CD to crush is a bandaid to a larger issue of the fact no one has any clue how to do the fight. I think a more appropriate fix for LFR would have just been to make purple ring MUCH smaller but still a no CD crush, and a nice big personal raid boss emote message yelling at you for being under the boss when you shouldn't be. I wish LFR would make fight mechanics understandable instead of constantly making them irrelevent to fix the probelm. This doesn't let the community and players as a whole improve at all by just ensuring LFR is always beatable by ignoring mechanics. HELP the players learn them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/10/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Monopaly
25 man guilds that were any good and wernt running 1/3 mains 2/3 alts to feed gear were fine too.

Ah, that explains it, you must be in a 10man guild. I'm in a 25man.

25H Ultraxion was probably the best in terms of tuning, pre-nerf. The vast majority of first kills were within 5:55-6:06 (all pre-nerf). 10man Ultraxion was a joke, in all regards. 10H Yor'sahj was much harder than 25man, though.

IIRC, 10 Garalon wasn't overly tough pre-nerf, most 25 guilds that downed Garalon pre-nerf were swimming in heroic MSV loot, and thus outgear normal mode.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
11/10/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Crithto
With regard to all raid difficulties, after further testing the encounter, we realized that certain abilities were having unintended effects. Blade Flurry, Inferno Blast and Sweeping Strikes were doing double damage to Garalon's body while attacking his legs, which was not intended.

Shouldn't this have been seen in beta? Why bother raid testing at all if the encounters are still bugged when they're released?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
So wait a second.... Blade Flurry has been a 1:1 mirror of damage on one other target for about as long as I can remember... and now suddenly that effect is unintended? What gives? Finally there's a fight were people want to bring me, and it's unintended? This is just absurd.

For that matter, you might want to fix Stone Guard too, because my Blade Flurry is making me do mad dps and be useful and stuff on that fight too.

Why don't you just delete the rogue class already? It's ok when people stack mages and shaman in Cata, but rogues with cleaves in MoP... too stronk.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
With regard to all raid difficulties, after further testing the encounter, we realized that certain abilities were having unintended effects. Blade Flurry, Inferno Blast and Sweeping Strikes were doing double damage to Garalon's body while attacking his legs, which was not intended. We are currently implementing a hotfix, which should take effect after realms are restarted, that will cause these abilities to do normal damage to the body while continuing to do double damage to the legs.

Hasn't this been the behavior of blade flurry with respect to damage buffs on the primary target forever? It worked that way on Halfus, Magmaw, Zonozz, and probably a few other encounters I'm not thinking of.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I think a better idea for Garalon would be to have a person who caused a crush twice to simply insta die. First one gives you a debuff, second one kills you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Out of this whole tier Garalon was one of the very few bosses you would want to bring melee dps too and this is your answer?
Edited by Betathanlam on 11/10/2012 11:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
82 Goblin Shaman
Well from my LFR wipes on Galaron this A.M. AFTER the hotfix, it appears it is still too much for your average pug. Decent Pheromone kiting, swipe soaking, and only a handful of 'oops, purple circle" yet my group still only managed to get him to 16% on the best attempt. Definitely a bad week to have been busy on Tues/Wed (sigh) - guess I'll be able to actually get a 0/3 and hopefully clear it next Tues.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
With regard to all raid difficulties, after further testing the encounter, we realized that certain abilities were having unintended effects. Blade Flurry, Inferno Blast and Sweeping Strikes were doing double damage to Garalon's body while attacking his legs, which was not intended. We are currently implementing a hotfix, which should take effect after realms are restarted, that will cause these abilities to do normal damage to the body while continuing to do double damage to the legs.

ha hahahHAHA crithto you are a funny troll
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
We didn't have problems with the new 7 minute enrage on normal Garalon (we don't have a combat rogue or an arms warrior), and had we played correctly we could have met the 6 minute enrage prior to the nerfs without those classes either (although it would be extremely tight).

My question is more about Heroic Garalon though. He died pretty quick on Heroic which led me to believe he's fairly simple, but how tight is the enrage on his Heroic version? I guess it really doesn't change a whole lot for us, but how close is it going to be for those who stacked these classes to achieve a kill? Is it going to go from an easy boss to an extremely hard one?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Uhh, hasn't Blade Flurry works like that forever? You do more damage to your main target, you do more damage to your secondary target. Its worked on every boss that has a damage increase phase and adds.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Are you serious? After several other fights that exploited this "increased damage cleave" mechanic, after several months of PTR, after several 200k+ parses on World of Logs after the first week of normal progression you proceed to nerf the boss midway heroic progression after several guilds already killed it in an easier form?

It feels like you should be paying me to play this game instead of the other way around. 10 milion players playing this game, and this is the best you can do?
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
11/10/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Apostrophe
Uhh, hasn't Blade Flurry works like that forever? You do more damage to your main target, you do more damage to your secondary target. Its worked on every boss that has a damage increase phase and adds.

Yes, it has always worked like this.

Why it's suddenly a problem now? Who knows.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
A fine fight for LFR. Just queued up as a healer. Can only get insta-queued into a 2/6 game so after 30 minutes of requeueing I entered. Someone went through an extended explanation of the mechanics after which the raid proceeded to get crushed down to an average of 10% HP in the first 30 seconds. I exited just before the wipe. Maybe if the reward was 5000 gold, I would spend the next few hours doing attempts but I think for now I'd rather go level another alt.

Set the crush CD to 1 minute lol.
Reply Quote
92 Troll Rogue
So are they going to compensate his health to make up for this change? I'm fine with you guys wanting a fight to fit your design intentions what I'm not fine with is buffing a boss when 21 guilds have already killed it. You've also pretty much just screwed the 10man I'm in by nerfing our dps by like 20%.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]