Garalon Changes - Raid Finder, Normal, Heroic

90 Troll Rogue
Just came out of another Garalon LFR wipefest.

The only important mechanic is , and ever was, Pheromones. All the other mechanics were nerfed, but without Pheromone coordination, this fight is still hell.

You really need 3 people who have two brain cells each (two to run the pheromone and one to follow). Sadly, this week none of the LFR groups I've been in have met that criterion, nor have I been able to find anyone in trade chat (low pop server).

Although it is possible for 1 person to run, this means the raid takes twice as much damage as it would with 2 people running , and LFR quality healers often can't cope with that. When I've tried to solo run pheromones I've always died fairly quickly.

My preferred style of nerf would be some behaviour change to Pheromones, leave everything else as it was originally. Say, max stack of 10, and have it possible to control who gets it even when idiots are running everywhere.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
After wiping several times today on my warrior alt it's clear that the fundamental problem is the pheromones, even when the kiter knows what to do the tanks or ranged dps mess up every time and then it's in the raid with the boss spinning like a top and causeing massive havoc. They just have to suck it up and make the pheromones an aggro target mechanic so the tank can kite it in the normal way.

I know that until they change it I will not be going back on any toon that has passed it as there is nothing I want from that boss.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Was there a change to how feint works on this fight, or just rumor?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
After wiping several times today on my warrior alt it's clear that the fundamental problem is the pheromones, even when the kiter knows what to do the tanks or ranged dps mess up every time and then it's in the raid with the boss spinning like a top and causeing massive havoc. They just have to suck it up and make the pheromones an aggro target mechanic so the tank can kite it in the normal way.

I know that until they change it I will not be going back on any toon that has passed it as there is nothing I want from that boss.

I like the idea of pheromones being linked to aggro in LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I solo kited Garalon the other day with a single healer following me in LFR (I was dps at the time). The 20 stack cap is very appropriate. It keeps the damage to a point where a single healer can easily handle it, but still provides enough extra damage that if not handled properly it will cause raid problems.

When I'm in healing, even with crappy gear, I can get 30k+ heals with a single healing wave and by the time the GCD is up, the mana used to cast it has been restored. The only issue with healing in this fight is if people are constantly getting crushed, or the person with pheromones is standing in the pools... both of which are entirely avoidable in this fight.

Props to Blizz for keeping this fight challenging, but still doable by an un-coordinated group.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
WOW Gm's are useless bags o crap
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]