Why is my friend banned??

42 Pandaren Priest
My friend wanted to play WoW again so I sent him a scroll of resurrection. He hasn't played for about a year or more but now when he tries to log-in since then it says he's banned and he can't log-in :( Can anyone tell me why or how I can fix it?
Edited by Iyashi on 11/11/2012 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They will not discuss another's account with you.

Your friend should have gotten an email with the reason for the ban and how to contest it. He'll need to submit a ticket via the SUPPORT link at the top of this website.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
You can't fix it, your friend needs to submit a ticket to contest the ban.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
If he hasn't played for a year and he was banned, what probably happened was his account was compromised and the hackers did Bad Things with it. It is very common for compromised accounts to be banned. He needs to submit a ticket on the support site to have it investigated.
Reply Quote
42 Pandaren Priest
He didn't get an e-mail. He can log-in on the account but when he tries to create a post or try to play it says he is banned.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Rogue
So he got forum banned you mean?

In that case, the only way he can attempt to contest the ban or get any information about it is to contact wowreportedpost@blizzard.com
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
AnW
11/12/2012 04:43 AMPosted by Iyashi
He didn't get an e-mail. He can log-in on the account but when he tries to create a post or try to play it says he is banned.

They don't mean post to the forums. They mean to submit a ticket through the Support Website: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit. If your friend can log into the account, they can submit a ticket using that method.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]