Another wave of Class/Race combos?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok, so in Cataclysm we had some new Class/Race combos introduced, some adding new aspects to a races culture, and others that represented existing aspects and were added to account for said aspects.

So if we were able to have another wave of Combos, what do you guys they would/could be? Maybe some they could have easily added last time but chose not to?

I'll start, for preexisting aspects, I would choose Night Elf Paladins to represent Elune, rather than the Light, or if Elune is in fact a Naaru, they represent the Light through her.

For interesting new additions, I'd add Blood Elf Druids. There would be many possible ways to add this class, perhaps some members of the Farstriders choose to study Druidism as they have been shown to respect nature highly, or perhaps some Blood Elven spell casters choose to study Druidism at an intellectual level.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
I'm hoping for Worgen monks as a form of primalist; A means of showing more of their feral, bestial nature, if you will. I'm afaid I'm too tired to consider any others at the time that I write this.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Tauren Rogues
Draenei Rogues
Tauren Mages
Gnome Hunters
Gnome Paladins
Troll Paladins

^ These make sense with current lore. ^

And no, Blood Elf Druids will neeeeeeever be a thing. High Botanist Freywinn was just that. A Botanist.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
The only ones I could see happening would be Gnome Hunter and Paladin, and less likely but still possible Night Elf Paladins and Troll Paladins.
Reply Quote
26 Human Paladin
Human Druid (Gilneans were druids before the worgen curse)
Orc Priest (Far Seer? or are those more of a shaman thing?)
Gnome Hunter (Just cause)
Night Elf Paladin (Moonwalkers? They do have a Michael Jackson dance)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Gnome Shaman, their totems could be other Gnomes.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Tauren Rogues
Draenei Rogues
Tauren Mages
Gnome Hunters
Gnome Paladins
Troll Paladins

^ These make sense with current lore. ^

And no, Blood Elf Druids will neeeeeeever be a thing. High Botanist Freywinn was just that. A Botanist.

I would agree with most of those except Draenei Rogues and Troll Paladins.

Tauren Rogues seem extremely wierd but possible. Tauren Mages I'm actually shocked haven't happened yet.

And I really want Gnome Hunters and Paladins, they seem like they would fit in quite well.

Draenei Rogues just seem like it shouldn't happen. I know there is Mishka but she doesn't fit into the Rogue category very well when shes always helping and healing people. I know its possible but it just seems like a path not many would go. Now if we could be Broken then I could see it being possible.

Troll Paladins just creep me out, not sure how that figures into the Lore. Unless you make them learn from the Sunwalkers or there some type of Warriors of Loa. Witchdoctor?

If you made Night Elf or Gnome Paladins and then made Pandaren be able to be Paladins which would be cool, it would make 4.5 Horde and 2.5 Alliance Shaman and 4.5 Alliance and 2.5 horde for Paladins. The .5 is the Pandaren.
Edited by Haely on 11/13/2012 12:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Night Elf Paladins
that is it
that is all I want in life

Blood Elf Druids will never, ever be a thing. The high elves specifically rejected druidic magic in favor of building their own kingdom on arcane.
Edited by Reignac on 11/13/2012 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/13/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Haely
Draenei Rogues just seem like it shouldn't happen. I know there is Mishka but she doesn't fit into the Rogue category very well when shes always helping and healing people. I know its possible but it just seems like a path not many would go. Now if we could be Broken then I could see it being possible.

The fact that Mishka is a thing means it's possible.

11/13/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Haely
Troll Paladins just creep me out, not sure how that figures into the Lore. Unless you make them learn from the Sunwalkers or there some type of Warriors of Loa. Witchdoctor?

Ever heard of the Zandalari Freethinkers?

They were a sect of what we would know recognize as a type of Paladin. Branded as "Heretics" by the Zandalari themselves, but it was also said "Heretics have their place." They wore plate armor imbued with "powerful mojo" and were extremely zealous. Paladins in Vanilla got Freethinker's armor from Zul'Gurub.

Then there's Bwonsamdi, who hates undeath.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Tauren Rogues
Draenei Rogues
Tauren Mages
Gnome Hunters
Gnome Paladins
Troll Paladins

Out of all of these, I can only really see Gnomish Hunters and... surprisingly Troll Paladins.

To me, Troll Paladins would have made more sense than Tauren Paladins. Trolls have a history that predates the Titans - if there was a race to have SOME form of wacky, offshoot paladin, they'd be the ones to have it.

As for Gnomish Hunters, I just really see the Hunter as the most Engineering Friendly of the player classes, so the two really seem to mesh in my mind.

I will agree on the Blood Elven Druid thing - one rare and unique example does not an entire player class make.
Edited by Dryker on 11/13/2012 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Night Elf Warlocks- Why? The Highborne certainly have warlocks among them, and not to mention Night Elven demon hunters. It makes sense. I would kill for it.

Night Elf Paladins - If I told you, "There is a warrior who wears heavy armor, is trained howto fight, and can cast divine spells' what would you think? A paladin? Or a Priestess of the Moon? They're pretty much the same thing. (though, I'd like Paladin's to get a 4th ranged DPS spec.)

Trolls Paladins- Zandalari Free-Thinkers. Have sme Zandalar join the Darkspear. Bam.

Blood Elf druids? Perhaps. I could see them do it. Though, I'd give them druids if they went neutral (hypothetically) because it would have some sense, and be less model burden on BLizzard, along with keeping the balance of druids per-side.

Gnome Hunters- Gnomes, master of fightign with technology do not have the one class that uses guns as their primary weapon. =/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Tauren Rogues
Draenei Rogues
Tauren Mages
Gnome Hunters
Gnome Paladins
Troll Paladins

Maybe I should explain myself.

Tauren Rogues and Mages - The new, friendly Grimtotem faction led by Jevan "Stormsong" Grimtotem is where these two would come from. We know the Grimtotem has Rogues, and lesser known is that they have sorcerers, which would be Mages.

Draenei Rogues- With the advent of SI:7 and the need of spies and scouts, and especially the presence of Mishka, this one should be a given. I admit, it is a bit of a stretch, but it could also accompany, say, the Broken being available as a cosmetic choice.

Gnome Hunters- Should be obvious.

Gnome Paladins- The Alliance needs another Paladin race, and unless they want to retcon the Worgen into Paladins, or stretch the bow-wielding Priestess of the Moon into a Paladin, Gnomes are a solid choice. They've spent plenty of time next to Dwarves that they've adopted the Light, Paladin is just another step.

Troll Paladins- Zandalari Freethinkers. See above.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/13/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
Ever heard of the Zandalari Freethinkers?

Oh I forgot about those.

I remember now looking those guys up.

11/13/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
The fact that Mishka is a thing means it's possible.

I know but just seems wrong. Thats just my wierd outlook though. I know it would make sense and everything but just like Draenei Warlocks, it just seems wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/13/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Haely
I know but just seems wrong. Thats just my wierd outlook though. I know it would make sense and everything but just like Draenei Warlocks, it just seems wrong.

Well Draenei Warlocks actually don't make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/13/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

Well Draenei Warlocks actually don't make sense.

Never said they did.

The first part of my sentence was aiming towards how Draenei rogues would make sense but just how when it comes to the idea of Draenei Warlocks I think the same with Rogues it just seems wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Zandalari Freethinkers were a grim necessity, introduced to explain the existence of Paladin gear in Vanilla Zul'Gurub. I doubt Blizzard has any desire to see them again.

And you should probably look up Grimtotem Sorcerers on WoWhead. They have two spells: Rejuvenation and Lightning Bolt. Clearly, the Tauren have a very different definition of "Sorcerer" than the rest of us.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/13/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Gavalorn
Zandalari Freethinkers were a grim necessity, introduced to explain the existence of Paladin gear in Vanilla Zul'Gurub. I doubt Blizzard has any desire to see them again.

Hardly grim, but a wondrous possibility.

And you should probably look up Grimtotem Sorcerers on WoWhead. They have two spells: Rejuvenation and Lightning Bolt. Clearly, the Tauren have a very different definition of "Sorcerer" than the rest of us.

And what about the ones in Thousand Needles throwing Fireballs and Flamestrikes?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

Sunwalker Paladins came from what, a Conversation?

With something like the Freethinkers they could very easily include Troll Paladins. Weren't they a type of Outcast, they could of stayed hidden and very secretive but with Trolls getting their own sort of Homeland and coming of Burning Legion maybe they decide to come out and join their fellow Trolls. Plus wouldn't it coincide perfectly with making option of different skins with Races?

Who knows maybe trolls were originally suppose to be Paladins based off these guys but with the inclusion of Blood Elves they decided to go that Route, Blizzard does stuff like that all the time.
Edited by Haely on 11/13/2012 1:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've mulled this idea over a few times and the only class race combos I can think of are

Human Druids
We've already established through Gilnean lore and through the fluff provided by ancient human history that Humans did indeed use to have a similar primitive sort of nature culture to speak of when they were still in their infancy. Gilnean's even held on to it long enough for their druidism to become it's own little sect or cult before it being turned into full fledged night elf "cenarion" druidism. There's no reason as adaptable as humanity is that they can't be druids. If Trolls can be druids- so can humans.

Draenei Rogues
Broken can do it, I don't see why Draenei themselves wouldn't be able to do it- they're just as ungainly, large, and awkwardly cloven hooved as each other. The only physical differences between a Broken and a Draenei is a melted face and some back tentacles after all. If anything I think it'd give Blizzard an Excuse to give them some more lore and a lot more Akama, broken, and Draenei interaction.

Tauren Mages
At this point in Warcraft time I don't think there's any reason any race cannot be: warriors or mages as every species has proven some skill with both the sword and the arcane. The night elves have even recently loosened their morel code and allowed the highborne to come and not only pratice magic but teach it... openly. I don't find the idea of a few Tauren mages to be too far off.

Night Elf Shamans
I 'was' going to put in a cool thing where maybe blizzard could have Maiev struggling to deal with what to do with her life and finding solace in helping the broken piece together their world and black temple that leads into a quest line of her becoming a Shaman or something.

But then I see blizzard would rather have 'another' warcraft character just careen off into 'madness'. So never mind. Wounds do not heal. Evil people do not get better- the only get more evil and good people only get more good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
There isn't any race/class combo imaginable that's impossible. Night Elf Warlocks, Gnome Druids, Orc Priests... anything could be given a bit of backstory and made to seem logical. The only valid consideration, imo, is whether or not adding the class would be a valuable addition to make.

Giving Trolls "the light" seems like a fantastic way to further dilute the race's already pissed-on culture.
Edited by Gavalorn on 11/13/2012 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]