Another wave of Class/Race combos?

97 Night Elf Hunter
Well she is associated with Moonwells which are sources of Arcane Energy. I can only imagine it as the opposite of Fel Magic.

Some arcane power, but filled with a lot more power from Elune. Remember the moonwells can heal (even if they do not do so in game). The Well of Eternity cannot heal, and none of the moonpools would be able to heal either unless something was added. I'd say the moonpools are filled with more of Elune's power than arcane.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2928-Zone-Previews-Blue-Tweets-MoP-Design-Interview-Curse-Weekly-Roundup

Ghostcrawler:
Dwarf lock and druid troll were my dream, and we got them in. Pandaren & Blood Elf druid and gnome hunter & pal are most common requests. BE druid doesn't make sense from lore. It makes sense from Horde players who want a pretty druid. (Not judging.)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/14/2012 06:57 AMPosted by Pyronaptor
I highly doubt that any Blood Elves today would be against what they did to Quel'thalas, else the High Elves of yesteryear would have also been opposed to it

Perhaps not, but the Highborne were said to be greedy and selfish, while their descendants didn't share that mentality.

The Blood Elves, while they have outdoorsman-y qualities, do not revere nature. They might respect it, but they don't revere it, they don't worship it.

Fair enough, though they still respect it greatly.

Dwarf lock and druid troll were my dream, and we got them in. Pandaren & Blood Elf druid and gnome hunter & pal are most common requests. BE druid doesn't make sense from lore. It makes sense from Horde players who want a pretty druid. (Not judging.)

I'm sorry, but I still don't accept that from them. I and others have presented many reasons why Blood Elves could become Druids.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
11/14/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Selesnya
Perhaps not, but the Highborne were said to be greedy and selfish, while their descendants didn't share that mentality.

They already became High Elves before they founded Quel'thalas.

11/14/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Selesnya
I'm sorry, but I still don't accept that from them. I and others have presented many reasons why Blood Elves could become Druids.

You could present reasons for any race/class combo. You could say Orcs should be Paladins with Eitrigg, who is in the Argent Crusade, leading an order. You could say Goblins could be Druids with environmental engineering and mechanical animal suits. You could say Night Elves could be Shamans so they could tame the massive volcano in Ashenvale.

Doesn't make it a good reason.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/14/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

Yes, but they did lose their immortality of course and had future generations and time for other classes and ideals to emerge.

Oh and one point I forgot to address;

Preventing the corruption of the Scourge isn't to protect nature, it's to protect their home. If Scourge corruption is allowed to spread, it allows the Scourge to spread. If the Scourge spreads, Quel'thalas could fall.

It affected the soil as well, which would have effected the rest of the wildlife in Quel'thalas, this is why the trees were burnt.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
11/14/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Selesnya
It affected the soil as well, which would have effected the rest of the wildlife in Quel'thalas, this is why the trees were burnt.

Yes, the wildlife would die, throw the entire ecosystem out of whack, and get rid of their natural breeding grounds for Dragonhawks.

You don't need to revere nature to want to protect your wildlife. For many cultures, it's integral to things like food and crafting materials.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
11/14/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Selesnya

Yes, but they did lose their immortality of course and had future generations and time for other classes and ideals to emerge.

Oh and one point I forgot to address;

Preventing the corruption of the Scourge isn't to protect nature, it's to protect their home. If Scourge corruption is allowed to spread, it allows the Scourge to spread. If the Scourge spreads, Quel'thalas could fall.

if all the wildlife is corrupted, they would have to import all their food, which would be extremely costly, as well as it would be risky to have corrupted widlife near their borders
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, the wildlife would die, throw the entire ecosystem out of whack, and get rid of their natural breeding grounds for Dragonhawks.

You don't need to revere nature to want to protect your wildlife. For many cultures, it's integral to things like food and crafting materials.

Yes, and it was a very hard decision for them to make, one they regret having to make out of concern for their treant allies which they had to put down. This demonstrates some Blood Elves did have a closer bond to nature than your average race.

The Night Elves themselves respected nature about as much as the Blood Elves did as their society before the War of the Ancients mirrored the Blood Elves society during the Burning Crusade, yet it all started with Malfurion, there's no reason the same couldn't happen within Blood Elven society now, even with Blood Elves who do respect nature and work with some of it's elementals.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
11/14/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Selesnya
Yes, and it was a very hard decision for them to make, one they regret having to make out of concern for their treant allies which they had to put down. This demonstrates some Blood Elves did have a closer bond to nature than your average race.

Having treants doesn't give you a closer bond towards nature. They viewed the treants like someone would view their guard dog - They look favorably upon them, but wouldn't consider them kin.

11/14/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Selesnya
The Night Elves themselves respected nature about as much as the Blood Elves did as their society before the War of the Ancients mirrored the Blood Elves society during the Burning Crusade, yet it all started with Malfurion, there's no reason the same couldn't happen within Blood Elven society now, even with Blood Elves who do respect nature and work with some of it's elementals.

They revered nature more than Blood Elves do at any point. They still had connections to the Ancients, who fought in that war, before then.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/14/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
Having treants doesn't give you a closer bond towards nature. They viewed the treants like someone would view their guard dog - They look favorably upon them, but wouldn't consider them kin.

Some Blood Elves perhaps, but the Rangers viewed and treated them as allies and worked with them, while the treants seemed to retain their own personalities and free will. They even gave the treants personal gifts.

11/14/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
They revered nature more than Blood Elves do at any point. They still had connections to the Ancients, who fought in that war, before then.

Most Night Elves were actually ignorant of the Ancients existence to the point that they were believed to be fairytales, while only a few were known to commune with them.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Troll Paladins would mean that they had access to all ten classes, and even though they're the master race I'm not sure Blizz wants that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think Gnome Hunters would balance things out fine. I'm seriously perplexed as to why Blizzard allowed Goblins to be Hunters and not Gnomes.

That or the Alliance could use 1 more Paladin race, of which Gnomes, Night Elves, and Worgen could all be easily workable into.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/14/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Talrendas
I think Gnome Hunters would balance things out fine. I'm seriously perplexed as to why Blizzard allowed Goblins to be Hunters and not Gnomes.

Exactly, it doesn't make sense to me either.

11/14/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Talrendas
That or the Alliance could use 1 more Paladin race, of which Gnomes, Night Elves, and Worgen could all be easily workable into.

Yea, that would be a tough one to decide if it were only one more race.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I personally think Draenei Warlocks would be neat as they would have intimate knowledge of the legion (and would probably look pretty good in warlock gear). However, I doubt that'll ever happen as blizzards would have to put the lore through a blender, which they then throw into a wood chipper to get this to even remotely make sense. the only way I can see this working without said blending is maybe the broken decide to join the alliance in the next legion xpac and "Draenei" warlocks are actually, lore wise at least, broken? That's still a pretty big stretch though.
Edited by Rhenthar on 11/14/2012 8:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel the Draenei need something interesting to happen for them, something major. I feel some sort of internal strife would accomplish this, maybe not through Warlocks, but that certainly would help, it could also happen even through Rogues.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
11/14/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Rhenthar
However, I doubt that'll ever happen as blizzards would have to put the lore through a blender, which they then throw into a wood chipper to get this to even remotely make sense. the only way I can see this working without said blending is maybe the broken decide to join the alliance in the next legion xpac? Thats still a pretty big stretch though.

I don't think it'd be that hard to say that some Draenei (especially maybe younger ones who weren't at Argus) got fed up with thousands of years of running and hiding from the Legion, or fed up with the Light not accomplishing their goals of defeating the legion (because again.. thousands of years of running and hiding) and think 'Hey. The Legion wields massive power that shatters worlds. Why don't we harness that power ourselves to destroy them?'
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Tauren Rogues

And no, Blood Elf Druids will neeeeeeever be a thing. High Botanist Freywinn was just that. A Botanist.

Blood Elf Druids are about as likely as Night Elf Mages, amirite?

The fact is horde players have been screaming for a "pretty" druid race for a long time. Lore is always evolving and Blood Elves who have been living alongside their horde colleagues for years now are bound to pick up some skills and beliefs they wouldn't have otherwise. How many Tauren paladins were in the game prior to cata? Heck, they could just make them all be botanists if that allows them to gain this source of power (just like trolls got their power from Loa).
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
The fact is horde players have been screaming for a "pretty" druid race for a long time. Lore is always evolving and Blood Elves who have been living alongside their horde colleagues for years now are bound to pick up some skills and beliefs they wouldn't have otherwise. How many Tauren paladins were in the game prior to cata? Heck, they could just make them all be botanists if that allows them to gain this source of power (just like trolls got their power from Loa).

Blood Elves are too smug to pick up any beliefs or customs from other races - Hell, the guard doesn't realize the Troll Shaman trainer in SMC is a Shaman. He gets confused when you ask, wne he can't tell if the Druid trainer is male or female.

Them becoming Botanists like Freywinn would be a step backwards for them in society. They'd be treating nature just like they treated M'uru, and see how well THAT turned out...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/15/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
Blood Elves are too smug to pick up any beliefs or customs from other races - Hell, the guard doesn't realize the Troll Shaman trainer in SMC is a Shaman. He gets confused when you ask, wne he can't tell if the Druid trainer is male or female.

They picked up the concept of the Holy Light from the Humans way back when, which itself requires a great deal of humbleness and submission.

Hell, there's even some implication of the Elves being responsible for teaching the Humans and the Forsaken the way of the Hunter/Ranger. The Blood Elves affinity for Nature has always been a notable aspect of their race.

Them becoming Botanists like Freywinn would be a step backwards for them in society. They'd be treating nature just like they treated M'uru, and see how well THAT turned out...

True, but there are some Blood Elves with a similar mentality that they had in the Burning Crusade.
The funny thing is, is when people talk about Blood Elven lore, I sometimes see them essentially demonize the Blood Elves, considering them evil, while the other half considers they should be paragons now that the Sunwell is restored.

I myself believe that as a people, they are working towards bettering themselves, but there are a few holdouts like their Cataclysm cinematic states. Though through the whole ordeal, there are Blood Elves who retained their honor and their morals the entire time.

Funny thing is the whole thing with M'uru actually worked out great for them, as their Sunwell was restored and the Blood Knights retained their powers.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
11/15/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Selesnya
They picked up the concept of the Holy Light from the Humans way back when, which itself requires a great deal of humbleness and submission.

We don't know that. The Elves could have discovered the Light on their own.

Hell, there's even some implication of the Elves being responsible for teaching the Humans and the Forsaken the way of the Hunter/Ranger. The Blood Elves affinity for Nature has always been a notable aspect of their race.

Forsaken Hunters are Dark Rangers, like Sylvanas and Nathanos.

Humans just gained a class they should have had in the first place, like Blood Elves gained Warriors.

Funny thing is the whole thing with M'uru actually worked out great for them, as their Sunwell was restored and the Blood Knights retained their powers.

But at what cost?

The Sunwell was restored, sure, but lots of people died on the way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]