Dead Servers

97 Human Paladin
Does Blizzard even attempt to fix servers that barely have enough people to put together more than five guilds over 200 people on one side. Detheroc has been a dieing server since the end of WotLK and I have read many posts asking help on fixing the server. Many people have mentioned different fixes but nothing has really changed. I love the cross-realm idea as it makes the game a multi-player game when leveling now on dead or dieing servers but doesnt address the issue to solve the server as a whole. Detheroc every day loses more people and it doesn't seem to improve at all. We have had guilds transfer off as well as individuals. This fixes nothing! All it says is that the big get bigger while the small get smaller. Eventually what will be the point of even keeping servers like this? Barely enough to even attempt to sell something on the auction house or get together a raid larger than a 10 man. If something doesn't happen to solve this issue, Blizzard might as well just merge the server with another and be done with it. If not a merge, Then the idea of making it free to transfer to the server might work but even still, does this truly create a large enough flow of players coming in to outweigh the ones leaving? Does it actually solve anything? I havn't read many statistics, let alone seen a server using that idea but I have heard of it occuring. Even still can a server as dead as mine attract a crowd of players large enough to solve this problem? We can barely manage 1000 posts on the auction house on the alliance, let alone produce enough people to have guilds competing for faction first. The most I could think of is the chance at being guild first on a server where competition is weak and low. The real question is, Will this problem ever be addressed or will this yet again be cast aside as a low priority problem as it feels has happened so many times before. Thank you for your time.

Arrowkill
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
u can app to ni
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
lol naw imma compete w/ em instead i just wanted to ask a simply complex question
Reply Quote
I have to agree.. When you cannot find any copper, tin, iron, or any ore on the AH... there's a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
You can blame the fabulous idea of CRZ for the lack of lower level mats on AH.

Before CRZ, if there was few mats, it was because no one felt like doing it, now its because they don't feel like doing it and there's the possibility of the nodes being farmed by people from other servers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Cross realm AH, it's going to be big.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Maybe then we can buy some coolaroni stuff on the AH
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
I often wonder if blizzard even reads this part of the forum.. I mean somehow i wanna figure out a way to directly appeal to blizzard and see how they respond to it.
Reply Quote
92 Undead Monk
i really dont think they read the server forums.
you can always try their twitter.
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler
Reply Quote
37 Human Rogue
Seriously low server pops are detrimental to play and overall enjoyment of the game which we do pay a subscription for. Can I have a refund please? I'm joking of course but there is a serious challenge.

What has been done about Detheroc's problems? Absolutely nothing. CRZ has helped world pvp that is all.

Detheroc the server I started out on in Vanilla

Currently on Detheroc AH there are 1176 items in the database with 550 auctions scanned. Copper bars do not sell, and there is no higher level Cata greens etc etc. No MOP greens as there is no one to buy them anyway.

There was zero Rogue glyphs on the AH. What does that tell you? Yeah I know a gimped class lol.

Proudmoore Server I now play on with friends

Proudmoore PVE server AH Items in database 16759 with 44,399 auctions scanned. Great economy, full server the place is thriving.

There is no excuse not to help Detheroc anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
just come to illidan detheroc...we can call it Illroc
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
One of the problems with merging servers would be the people who have the same name. I came to a low pop server to be able to be able to farm the mats I'd need and to level pretty easily. Now that CRZ is out, you can't even do that. You have ten different people farming in the same zone and those same ten people are one shotting people 45+ levels lower than them. "BUT BUT BUT THAT'S WORLD PVP" I understand that that is a big part of the game, but I feel like it's hurting dead servers even more when the only thing you see in the /1 chat is "thur iz a 90 cmpin ppl in stv" and "get the !@#$ off of my server."

Want to level blacksmithing, jewelcrafting, engineering or mining? Good %^-*ing luck getting cobalt. "You'd have trouble mining ore on high pop servers though." And I agree, but at least you can buy ore in the AH on high pop servers.

I don't know how I'd feel about a server merge, but as someone mentioned above, Xrealm AH would be a big hit, though I doubt Blizz would ever do that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
NI
Why has Detheroc not been fixed? Because Blizzard gets a profit watching servers die. Why do you think realm/faction transfers cost $25-30? They want to let servers die slowly so people either transfer off or change to the dominant faction, making them a profit. Sure some people will just quit the game instead and blizzard loses some subscribers, but transfers still make them more profit then all those subscribers and costs Blizzard nothing. Transfers are automated services, Blizzard doesnt have to hire anyone to make them happen. To fix the server would cost Blizzard the time of their very busy and very expensive programmers who need to work on more important projects. Blizzard also knows that WoW's days are limited and I guarantee you there focus is on their new "cash cow" while milking all the money they can still get from WoW before it dies.
Reply Quote
92 Undead Monk
That attitude is why they dont fix anything.
people need to ask for them to help.
they can do Free Character Migrations. it helps. it helped this server before. it can again.
but every feedback thread that asks them for help is flooded by people like you who just demand they wont fix or do anything about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]