How feedback works and why it matters

Community Manager
While you're 'round these parts, I want to draw your attention to a well-written, insightful article by Matt Rossi over at WoW Insider. It's a great point of reference when you consider some of the statements we, as Blizzard employees, tend to consistently reiterate.

"How feedback works and why it matters" via WoW Insider

Food for thought!

With love,
Zarhym
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
ok
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Wow, I think that's a MUST read for everyone :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
From reading the thread with over 220 pages now, I must say I am happy to see forum posts are actually being seriously reviewed upon...... no matter how ridiculous at times. I want to personally thank you, Zarhym, for responding to us needy children of yours! =)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Thank you.

I'm sure most of us are aware of how important feedback is, even some who pretend otherwise.

It's just easy for us to get frustrated when the things important to us personally seem to get overlooked in the mass of feedback others are making about things mportant to them. And even with a desire to improve things to make a greater number of players happy, changes aren't always that simple or quick to implement.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I would like to hear about what is going to be done with CRZ. I dislike it because of rare boms and pets--there are SO MANY PEOPLE going for the same thing, and mob respawn rates have not been upped.

When you are on a PvP server this makes for a delightful PvP situation, but it is horribly annoying when I clear the mobs around a pet I want to battle only to have a fellow member of the same faction swoop in and take it--especially if it is popular. This happened last night when I was trying to get a fel flame.

Also, with my main a hunter, it is disheartening to see five or six people hovering over a Skoll spawn point. It was difficult enough to get with just people from my own realm vying for it. Now it is well neigh impossible.
Reply Quote
71 Dwarf Shaman
Well, I read it expecting to find your definition of the word "Soon", but couldn't find it anywhere. I think we may have different meaning of that word. : )
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Arielle at the Inconspicuous Bear also gave this useful blog this week on how to provide useful feedback: http://theincbear.com/monday-round-up-how-to-provide-developer-feedback
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So it's NOT self-evident that World of Warcraft needs hippos? How is it possible everyone else does not think this very same thing every time they log in???
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Troll Priest
Editing because I have more to say!

Feedback is important, both positive and negative. The way you construct your post, be it in a constructive way, or with yelling, is going to determine the response you get. I see a lot of really good posts on here that are not flame bait and are well thought out, but too many are basically either parroting what has been said in literally hundreds of other threads, or is down right volatile.

Constructive discourse is the best discourse! :)
Edited by Raziya on 11/14/2012 8:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
too long, tried to read, but got bored..

with love,
Waylord
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
"What they didn't do -- what they have never done and cannot ever do -- is simply go to the forums, see who yelled loudest, and give them everything they wanted."

'B-b-b-but...I'm the customer...you HavE to DO WHAtevER I waNT...I'm THe CUstomER...I-i-i-i-....I paY yoUr salARY!!!!!!....I"M ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!!!shiftone!!!!!DO AS I SAY!'

I pray that, some day, it becomes legal to slap those kinds of people back into reality.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
While you're 'round these parts, I want to draw your attention to a well-written, insightful article by Matt Rossi over at WoW Insider. It's a great point of reference when you consider some of the statements we, as Blizzard employees, tend to consistently reiterate.

"[url="http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/14/how-feedback-works-and-why-it-matters/#continued"]How feedback works and why it matters[/url]" via WoW Insider

Food for thought!

With love,
[url="https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym"]Zarhym[/url]

here's some feedback, get someone to talk to the shaman community and address our concerns. yeah, i'm sure that'll happen.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The problem is, you guys don't use the feed back, or deny it!!! Everyone has been screaming since MoP dropped "DAILIES SUCK!!!!" and blizz just simply says "then don't do them..." Which is clearly not what there intention was. I felt like they were mandatory intill I noticed I was revered with all most all of them then I thought to myself, that was the worst thing I have ever done in the history of wow!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/14/2012 08:47 PMPosted by Shamscams
The problem is, you guys don't use the feed back, or deny it!!! Everyone has been screaming since MoP dropped "DAILIES SUCK!!!!" and blizz just simply says "then don't do them..." Which is clearly not what there intention was. I felt like they were mandatory intill I noticed I was revered with all most all of them then I thought to myself, that was the worst thing I have ever done in the history of wow!!!!!

Call me weird, but I love dailies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]