How feedback works and why it matters

MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
11/14/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Hinrichs
Feedback is so important, and the way it's presented is important, too. :)

What about the way the fanboys respond to it? I have yet to see blizz say anything about that.

What constitutes a "fanboy" in your opinion? Someone who agrees with a design decision? Just because someone agrees with one things does not make them agree with everything Blizzard has done.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
"What they didn't do -- what they have never done and cannot ever do -- is simply go to the forums, see who yelled loudest, and give them everything they wanted."

'B-b-b-but...I'm the customer...you HavE to DO WHAtevER I waNT...I'm THe CUstomER...I-i-i-i-....I paY yoUr salARY!!!!!!....I"M ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!!!shiftone!!!!!DO AS I SAY!'

I pray that, some day, it becomes legal to slap those kinds of people back into reality.

I wish there was a way i could reach into the internet and slap them.

Heres a video about customers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBddZ1uwtsk
^^ cata in a nutshell

so if i agree with Blizzard im a fanboy?

well i guess i am, at least they are making money and those who call me fanboy are still playing so it seems they are doing something right
Edited by Ragnivald on 11/14/2012 8:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Thanks for the link, an interesting read with valid points. The opposite to many complaining threads on the forums.

This should be stickied as "How To Give Useful Feedback On The Forums".

/love Zarhym

:)
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest

What constitutes a "fanboy" in your opinion? Someone who agrees with a design decision? Just because someone agrees with one things does not make them agree with everything Blizzard has done.

The ones that totally agree (with hatred) about everything blizz does. You've seen them on here.

Perhaps, but I've arguably seen more of the opposite. Both sides could learn this article.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Self-selecting sample...this is what I keep telling myself whenever I see a complaint thread and have never seen a single complaint about the issue in trade or out in the world of warcraft zone chat.

Heck I love the CM's though, they have to read through so much criticism to extract 'feedback', yet they do it and I was so happy to read that weekly feedback goes to the developers. THAT is a company who wants to know how they're performing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
11/14/2012 08:47 PMPosted by Shamscams
The problem is, you guys don't use the feed back, or deny it!!! Everyone has been screaming since MoP dropped "DAILIES SUCK!!!!" and blizz just simply says "then don't do them..." Which is clearly not what there intention was. I felt like they were mandatory intill I noticed I was revered with all most all of them then I thought to myself, that was the worst thing I have ever done in the history of wow!!!!!

I think the article specifically addresses why "this sucks!!" posts aren't at all helpful to Blizzard.

It also discusses the fact that it's best not to assume that everyone agrees with you and just voice your own personal experiences. If your argument has merit, you won't need to resort to hyperbole or insults to get your point across.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
11/14/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Hinrichs
What about the way the fanboys respond to it? I have yet to see blizz say anything about that

Probably because anyone who disagrees with you in a complaint about Blizzard is labeled by you and your ilk as fan boys.

How exactly do you expect Blizzard to address your issue where you attempt to belittle and insult instead of discuss?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
While you're 'round these parts, I want to draw your attention to a well-written, insightful article by Matt Rossi over at WoW Insider. It's a great point of reference when you consider some of the statements we, as Blizzard employees, tend to consistently reiterate.

"[url="http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/14/how-feedback-works-and-why-it-matters/#continued"]How feedback works and why it matters[/url]" via WoW Insider

Food for thought!

With love,
[url="https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym"]Zarhym[/url]

wow ummm, Shouldn't blizz contact that blog and ask them to remove the player's name?

i dont remember seeing a name they jsut mentioned some persons thread and that they were a worgen
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
While you're 'round these parts, I want to draw your attention to a well-written, insightful article by Matt Rossi over at WoW Insider. It's a great point of reference when you consider some of the statements we, as Blizzard employees, tend to consistently reiterate.

"[url="http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/14/how-feedback-works-and-why-it-matters/#continued"]How feedback works and why it matters[/url]" via WoW Insider

Food for thought!

With love,
[url="https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym"]Zarhym[/url]

wow ummm, Shouldn't blizz contact that blog and ask them to remove the player's name?

The author was citing the source he was referencing. In this case it seems more inappropriate to NOT name her.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Any minute now, there will be a bunch of nut jobs claiming that the author is a fanboy and that Blizzard paid him to write that article.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The problem is, you guys don't use the feed back, or deny it!!! Everyone has been screaming since MoP dropped "DAILIES SUCK!!!!" and blizz just simply says "then don't do them..." Which is clearly not what there intention was. I felt like they were mandatory intill I noticed I was revered with all most all of them then I thought to myself, that was the worst thing I have ever done in the history of wow!!!!!

Call me weird, but I love dailies.

plenty of people love dailes. plenty of people don't. all the community wants is more options for spending valor. i hate quests im not going to do all this quest "content". that shouldn't mean i have to sit at my valor cap til the end of time. it makes no sense.
Edited by Astealoth on 11/14/2012 9:03 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]