It pays to be #1 -The Spoon monopoly of DWood

90 Orc Warrior
11/15/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Arcthree
Hey Chad........... Get out of here..... You hang around our forums to much... And Armageddon is an idiot, LOL LICHBOURNE....now that was funny, Chad still owes me and Neebs some gold for carrying him.

Neeeebs! haha good to see ur still alive and kicking my old friend!
But if u want some gold you will have to come back to Area 52 =)
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
Why in the name of Farmer Nellys Long-Johns are you still on Duskwood? Find a different realm to raid on. There are a lot of raid guilds to choose from that are much further than Duskwood and make progress faster. We have 1 guild here that dominates the entire raid division and nobody even catches up for months at a time..it's sad. Spoon isn't exactly the magnanimous type either ; just like past guilds that dominated the mainstream of raiding such as <Shai Hulud>,<Lichborne>, they have worn their record somewhat like a crown to create this feeling of being superior to anyone who is not on the same raid grid as they are and all the other guilds are just raid hobbyist. Whether or not you like Spoon, you can't deny they are probably the reason that this is the only realm with such a odd-set raid focal. It got to the point where the guild could set up a *For Sale* sign and sell instance runs because they were the only ones on the faction and realm who had completed that instance.

What a nerd, get a life, start a stamp collection or something instead of listening to how much people charge for stuff because thats not a real hobby. Spend your 15 dollars a month on something else dude.
Edited by Waterboÿ on 11/16/2012 12:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Newsflash Duskwoodians:

We all suck

at least <Spoon> has fun doing it
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/15/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Àrmageddon
By the way Nick,Chaos,Fire; all this information is accurate, although it did not last the entire time like your attempt at 200k for the FL mount which I remember you posted on the forums advertising. For example Nick, you stated that you had to turn down spots because there were no more left, well that's false, you had to turn them down because they didn't want to transfer for what you asked for.

/facepalm

Please, don't breed ever. Also try getting some fresh air and stop the creeping, creep.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
http://jayvay.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/internet-troll.jpg
Reply Quote
Spoon wasn't good till MWW joined, and they haven't been good since, discuss.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
If you are going to insult my intelligence make sure your comment is impeccable. It's already known what I think of you mouth breathers and rubes on Duskwood. I'm just checking up on this thread because contrary to popular belief, this post is fantastic and lots of people including my guildies love it. By the way Nick,Chaos,Fire; all this information is accurate, although it did not last the entire time like your attempt at 200k for the FL mount which I remember you posted on the forums advertising. For example Nick, you stated that you had to turn down spots because there were no more left, well that's false, you had to turn them down because they didn't want to transfer for what you asked for.

And yes I mention <Lichborne> lol. A lot of great people in there and is just as respectable a guild as any of yours. And you guys are right about the "they didn't dominate" part, but what I was saying is they for a very long time held furthest progression of 6/8 heroic DS and therefore held bragging rights. I was in there during their small rain of glory moment. Why does this come as a surprise? You guys don't remember the constant trolling of "who's server first" and the reply would always be "Lichborne, duh". And I remember this clearly because once Spoon had broken free from the manacle of the 6/8 progression that most guilds were stuck on, they killed spine and surpassed Lichborne. Shortly after this happened Lichborne server transferred to Sargeras. I think that because Lichborne transferred, there became this much bigger gap in terms of progression and this made people lionize Spoon and its members because it made them look like the underdog who prevailed rather than the group of people who simply got lucky and reaped the benefits of bragging rights because there was no one else to fight over them with.

You're facts are all jumbled. First, we never tried to sell the H FL mount for 200k; it was the H DS mounts. And, the market wasn't there for that mount, but we sold a few for 100k and a couple package deals for that and the H FL mount for 140-150k or so.

Second, if Lichborne was ahead on raid progression, which they may have been for a day or so, it was due to us not raiding for a few weeks (at least seriously) due to midterms and/or finals for some people. It was quickly followed by adding Fanni to our roster at the time, and then not only taking down Blackhorn, but within 2 weeks clearing the whole instance. Lichborne is good peeps, but the gap you think exists was only short for that period of time due to lack of effort on our part, not some amazing level of skill.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Drama like this almost makes me want to (want to) come back to WoW, but not really. I actually have no idea who this Cam guy is but he sounds creepy, obsessive, and ill-informed; just like my ex-wife, and we all know how that ended. It ended in the crawlspace under my house with a garbage bag and six cans of Raid. I don't even have a crawlspace.

I'm tired.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
lol hiya Tor!

Heh, nice troll, Lethalvenom. Yo Duskwood, what's shakin'? :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
haha Dist, I can some how can see u in a guild called a steamy romance novel
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Heck yah! :D

Btw I'm feelin' the shammy love now. My new main is a Shaman ^_^
Reply Quote
If anyone is mad about <Spoon> come on to the Horde side, at least here you only have to compete with <What>. The #1 Guild on Duskwood.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I left duskwood many years ago and never looked back. Sad to see the server is worse off now then it was back then.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/02/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Àrmageddon
I left duskwood many years ago and never looked back. Sad to see the server is worse off now then it was back then.
....Glad you left, I'm sure everyone was happy when the moron called "Dr.Swag" left.

I'm a moron based on what exactly? My character name? If you're just bashing me just because you need something to do at least try harder please.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
When a guild has been around as long as <Spoon> has, they're obviously doing something right. I remember competing against them from horde side in Wrath 3 years ago, if they're still competing (or dominating) server 1st's, then they've earned it. The server being stale isn't their fault, it's the fault of everyone else. If nobody wants to compete against them, they'll always be on top.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Been arround a long time and have never even heard of Lichborne... maybe this was more recent, but i'm pretty sure other guilds deserve more credit... epic vendors... and stay frosty were pretty good back in the day
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
When a guild has been around as long as <Spoon> has, they're obviously doing something right. I remember competing against them from horde side in Wrath 3 years ago, if they're still competing (or dominating) server 1st's, then they've earned it. The server being stale isn't their fault, it's the fault of everyone else. If nobody wants to compete against them, they'll always be on top.

Nah were just a pathetic bunch
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/15/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Firestyle
I think our bank had like 950k at one point.
.....Gold cap is 999,999 gold 99 silver 99 copper. Anyone who actually was gold capped could tell you this. Ok, so you weren't 100% gold capped, sorry for rounding.
Edited by Àrmageddon on 12/11/2012 8:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
/flex
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]