[A] <Reign in Power> (13/13) Heroic ToT

90 Worgen Warlock
NEWSFLASH: H DA IS NOT ENJOYABLE
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
NEWSFLASH V2: H DA IS STILL NOT ENJOYABLE
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Heroic Dark Animus -- Dead! Time for Lei Shen!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

NEWSFLASH V3

"Dark Animus is my favorite fight" - Athuramazda, after getting a #1 parse.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
06/09/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Slay

NEWSFLASH V3

I will end your pathetic, maple syrup-filled existence.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/09/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Slay

NEWSFLASH V3

Still hate that fight. Not even if I had ranked 1 for Brewmasters. Flaming red hot balls everywhere is not my idea of a good time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/10/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Wreck

NEWSFLASH V3

Still hate that fight. Not even if I had ranked 1 for Brewmasters. Flaming red hot balls everywhere is not my idea of a good time.

Well I am confused on your comment because you normally like all that flying around everywhere.

Shad
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
You guys should try the zerg strat like we did. Very fun, only a 2:32 kill.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w3qixtmfplfuinxb/sum/damageDone/?s=2222&e=2374
Edited by Injected on 6/13/2013 5:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Maybe I'll beg Shad to do it so I can reclaim my throne.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It'll be a tough one. Gahhda isn't just rank 1 Warlock. He's rank 1 for every class.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_Thunder/Dark_Animus/10H/dps/?page=1
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It'll be a tough one. Gahhda isn't just rank 1 Warlock. He's rank 1 for every class.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_Thunder/Dark_Animus/10H/dps/?page=1

His BURST DPS is counting as his DPS(e) normally where your Sustained DPS would count towards your DPS(e). Essentially you gimmicked the encounter so you ended up ranking higher (was it intentional? Probably not, you were just looking for an easier way out, than figuring out the strat every week. I completely understand your reasoning and we will probably switch to zerging it eventually). If everyone was doing that strat you wouldn't see the ranks you are.

Remember Mazda was rank what 5 overall or around there and was doing the mechanics correctly, now think if he was actually just on the boss the entire time. The possibility of him beat your warlock is rather reasonable, would he do it? maybe. Could he potentially do it, yes.

Felt I should take time to explain it. It isn't that your warlock isn't top notch, it is just how the ranking system works. It is just another gimmick strategy that doesn't show true sustained DPS.

Congrats anyways.

-Drunken ramblings of Wreck
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Good luck on Lei Shen!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

His BURST DPS is counting as his DPS(e) normally where your Sustained DPS would count towards your DPS(e). Essentially you gimmicked the encounter so you ended up ranking higher (was it intentional? Probably not, you were just looking for an easier way out, than figuring out the strat every week. I completely understand your reasoning and we will probably switch to zerging it eventually). If everyone was doing that strat you wouldn't see the ranks you are.

Remember Mazda was rank what 5 overall or around there and was doing the mechanics correctly, now think if he was actually just on the boss the entire time. The possibility of him beat your warlock is rather reasonable, would he do it? maybe. Could he potentially do it, yes.

Felt I should take time to explain it. It isn't that your warlock isn't top notch, it is just how the ranking system works. It is just another gimmick strategy that doesn't show true sustained DPS.

Congrats anyways.

-Drunken ramblings of Wreck

This strat is actually more complicated than the normal strats imo. Too much rng involved. We have 2 people tanking 2 adds and if they have to move for anima font before the tank can taunt one of their adds then they're dead. We have our tank taking 4 adds in the beginning. A lot of coordination involved there. You're right about that though. Not every guild zergs it because it's actually HARD to do. It's not something we cheesed. It took us close to 100 attempts between 3 tanking, 2 tanking and trying the zerg strat. We took 2 weeks off from progression on it because we lost a tank.
Edited by Injected on 6/14/2013 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Yeah, took us closer to 200 attempts using 2 separate strats. Definitely frustrating.

Looking forward to the zerg though.

I WILL say that the zerg strat is easier in terms of repeatability. Relearning positioning every week on 10 man is a pain in the !@#.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I tank 4 adds at the start of our strat last week was the pita.

Shad
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I tank 4 adds at the start of our strat last week was the pita.

Shad

He also loves wearing spandex, and flirting with men of his own age (younger boys are icky).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
LLLLEEEEIIIIIIII SSSSSSHHHHHEEENNNNNNNNNNNN IS DEAD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Congratulations to <Reign in Power> for a full-clear of Throne of Thunder.

Ra-Den is dead. Great job, everyone!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
<Reign in Power> will be transferring away. Good luck to all of you and have a great day!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]