Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
[H]<Death Dreamers> is a new social/leveling guild on Trollbane. We will be hosting a game of hide and seek November 29 at 8pm server (8pm eastern). No level requirement! Just come have some fun!
Anyone interested in an invite or more info can whisper Reignwar in game or reply to this post.
Players will be divided into 2 raid groups. (One group for hiders/One group for seekers) The number of the seekers group will vary based on the number of people playing. Once all the hiders are found players will switch roles so everyone gets to be a hider and a seeker.
The location of the Hide and Seek event will be Undercity. The area can be reduced depending on the number of players attending.
• No Exploiting - Your hiding place must be accessible to all. Hiding in walls, on roofs, or under/inside scenery may be effective, but taking advantage of bugs in the game to gain an unfair advantage isn't exactly in the spirit of fun, which is what this event is about.
• No Moving (part 1) - Once you have found your hiding place, the only time you should leave it is when you are found.
• No Moving (part 2) - Hiding places should always be in a static location, and on dry land. As well as excluding hiding in the water, this also covers docks, boats or other structures in and over water. This rule also includes any transportation, such as boats and zeppelins. (Since these usually travel between zones, they aren't valid hiding places anyway.).
• No Flying - Using Flying Mounts or forms to reach otherwise inaccessible areas is not allowed. The Event is supposed to be open to all, regardless of level. Using any ability that isn't available to a low level player is unfair. (Additional seekers may be recruited from late-comers, so this rule still stands even if there are no low level characters at the start).
• No Instances - Instanced areas maybe be considered part of an area geographically, but they are excluded from those areas for the purposes of finding hiding places, this includes not only 5 player dungeons/raids.
• No Tracking Abilities - Any and all abilities that show the locations of creatures and players are not allowed, these include Hunter Track abilities, Druids' Track Humanoids, or any other class ability or spell that helps in the detection of players, including Mind Vision, Shaman's Far Sight, or Hunter's Eagle Eye (Though Eyes of the Beast is fine). Thou not an ability this includes /target <name> macros.
• No Stealth or Invisibility - Abilities that make your character invisible, or very hard to see are not allowed, these include Stealth, Invisibility (either spell or potion), Priest Shadow Form or Fade, Shaman Ghost Wolf, as well as ghost or wisp costumes or any shrink effects. However purely cosmetic changes, such as changes to gear or appearance are considered camouflage, and are allowed.
• Finding a player - Once a player has been discovered, the seeker should announce it in /say. e.g. "Found you! <name>" at this point the found player should leave the Hiders raid, and be invited into the Seekers raid. (The Raid Leader of the seekers raid should always make sure any other seekers have been made raid assistants, so they are able to invite too).
• Ending the game - The game normally ends whenever the last person hiding is found. However the game can be ended early, either due to time constraints, or the seekers admitting defeat. However in such cases any remaining hiders must remain in their places, and be invited into the seekers raid. They are still not allowed to move until "found" anyway.
Edited by Reignwar on 11/8/2012 9:20 PM PST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.