Realm Transfer, Worth it?

85 Undead Warlock
Howdy I come from dawnbringer and the realm is kinda dead.
Now I am making a few new characters with some buddys who just started to play wow.
Along with that my gf and I have two 85s we'd like to transfer to a more active realm.
So the question is, Is the community active?endgame and leveling? Is the Economy good? Is Gorefiend worth it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
As Horde, sure.

As Alliance, don't waste your time or money.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I actually rather enjoy this server. It's not as active as huge servers but there's still some spark to it. There's some good characters around. Economy is pretty decent imo. I've enjoyed my time since I transferred here when MoP came out. There seems to be a decent amount of end game guilds. Leveling is...well...I dunno how it is now that there are cross realm zones.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'd strongly recommend against transferring to this server. Many players migrated elsewhere & the guilds left here are not very personable to new people. Server economy was fine until CRZ ruined it. Low population means fewer people pushing endgame content & even fewer chances to pick up arena & rbg teams without dealing with the few antisocial personalities left behind.

If you want a good server, balanced, diverse, & progressive, choose Emerald Dream.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
11/08/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Xibu
don't waste your time or money.
If you bought MoP you have in fact already done that.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
11/09/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Zeroizer
Leveling is...well...I dunno how it is now that there are cross realm zones.
There are lvl 90's camping all the low lvl zones. Thats how it's working.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
i wouldnt suggest transferring here FROM dawnbringer, you're not going to notice much of a difference from your current realms problems (low population and no desire from blizzard to merge realms like they are supposed to)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I did a lot of research before paying to transfer several toons to Gorfiend. It's a great server actually. It's well balanced, the economy is good, the community is great. Of coarse every server has idiots, just put them on ignore and enjoy the game. People complaining about lvl 90's camping low level areas....it's a PVP server, deal with it or transfer to a normal server.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/18/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Sinnara
It's well balanced, the economy is good, the community is great.

lmao
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Trust me, everyone on Gorfiend that whines and complains doesn't realize how lucky they are. There are some absolutely horrible servers in this game. You would run back in a heart beat if you were unfortunate enough to have played on one. Be happy, enjoy the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Dont go to Maiev thats one of the horrible servers
Reply Quote
70 Orc Rogue
Deleted by Xibu

WHAT DID U POST BRAH
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Amg hai Ung.

I don't remember. I'm sure it was some drunken troll post as I rarely post on these bad boys anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/19/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Sinnara
Trust me, everyone on Gorfiend that whines and complains doesn't realize how lucky they are. There are some absolutely horrible servers in this game. You would run back in a heart beat if you were unfortunate enough to have played on one. Be happy, enjoy the game.

@Sinnara, I guess I'm curious as to what server you previously played on!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
12/04/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Somecut
the guilds left here are not very personable to new people.

Aw :c,
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
SCH
I would say yes come to Gorefiend as horde. I transferred here and rather than contribute to the problem by transferring off, I suggest repopulating. There are a few good guilds here.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I would say yes come to Gorefiend as horde. I transferred here and rather than contribute to the problem by transferring off, I suggest repopulating. There are a few good guilds here.

There isn't as many good guilds here compared to illidan. I'm not sure but maybe perhaps you should find a guild before transferring anywhere. Keep it safe.
Edited by Jakaro on 3/15/2013 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
01/15/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Somecut

@Sinnara, I guess I'm curious as to what server you previously played on!

Sinnara and I came from KT horde...stayed as long as we could stand it ha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]