Is this a good computer??

90 Night Elf Druid
Is this a good computerand & will it play wow on med-high settings with decent fps/lat? If it is not a good computer could somone please suggest one for around this price.

Intel® 3rd Generation Core™ i3 3.3Ghz
8GB DDR3 ram
NVIDIA GT 640, 2GB dedicated
$680

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6980012&type=product&id=1218818465510#tab=overview
Edited by Healskiillz on 11/10/2012 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
68 Undead Priest
what you want to look for (if you looking for gaming)

1: games use a use more of your GPU then RAM. so 8gig is good but a little overkill. penentilly you only need about 4. so find a PC with a good graphics card.
2: a good CPU. an i3 might not be good for FPS. and should compliment your GPU. if you have a wow GPU and a crappy CPU then it wont work too well.
3: The specs of the PC you are using is good for its price but i wouldnt get it because the ram is overkill, the CPU isnt great and the cost of the overkilled ram could be put toward a better CPU.

Happy Hunting!
Edited by Idasa on 11/15/2012 8:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Warrior
It's an above entry-level computer.

But it's not great for gaming. The 8 gigs of RAM? Not a problem, but you won't find much cost savings trying with just 4 gigs, so it wuoldn't help that much.

The i3 is Intel's lower level CPU, and so is the 640.

Is it worth getting? Perhaps, but only if you KNOW what you are getting is a budget system.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]