Assassination Stat Priority

1 Human Warrior
Hey guys i just hit 90 on my rogue, im going assassination since i find it more fun.. can anyone tell me the stats i should go for.. hit/exp etc...and before u say anything, yes i read the sticky. doesnt say about hit cap. and expertise is 1.130 but exactly how much is that, can anyone plz help
Reply Quote
44 Human Rogue
The stat priority for an Assassination Rogue is:

Agility;
Hit Rating (until the 7.5% cap);
Expertise Rating (until the 7.5% cap);
Mastery Rating;
Haste Rating and Critical Strike Rating.

All info found on this website:

http://www.icy-veins.com/assassination-rogue-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging
Edited by Yurko on 11/11/2012 2:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
ty so much yurko
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/11/2012 02:56 AMPosted by Yurko
http://www.icy-veins.com/assassination-rogue-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging

Please don't use Icy Veins, MaxDPS, or Noxxic guides for rogues. They're inaccurate in multiple respects.

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/ should be your one-stop-shop for rogue PvE information.

11/11/2012 02:50 AMPosted by Aveste
before u say anything, yes i read the sticky. doesnt say about hit cap.

You needed to scroll down a little bit.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6758626681?page=1#4

11/11/2012 02:50 AMPosted by Aveste
and expertise is 1.130 but exactly how much is that, can anyone plz help

It's a relative, arbitrary value used to rank expertise against other stats after the application of much mathematics; basically a bigger number is better relative to other numbers listed for other stats.

The expertise cap is also in the post linked above.

You can also use http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/ to get personalized stat weights, which can vary dramatically from those listed in the guide. The reforging option isn't working again yet, however.
Edited by Verelyse on 11/11/2012 3:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Please don't use Icy Veins, MaxDPS, or Noxxic guides for rogues. They're inaccurate in multiple respects.

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/ should be your one-stop-shop for rogue PvE information.

Only what Elitist Jerks says and what IV says, at least for Rogues, are more or less the same thing. All EJ does different is put a hard number of how much of everything you need. It sounds to me like you're trying to advertise. IV has been working for me. If EJ works for someone else, then fine. But don't be going on about how one site has all the answers while everything else is screwy beyond belief without giving a reason or showing whatever different there is between the two sites that makes the advertised one better.

You can also use http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/ to get personalized stat weights, which can vary dramatically from those listed in the guide. The reforging option isn't working again yet, however.

Which is possibly that big difference I was eluding to. IV uses SimCraft, which might put out some different numbers than what you're using. You mentioning that the numbers for any one person can vary sort of contradicts that the other sites are so wrong with what they are listing.

Not saying you're right or wrong in your actual information. Just I'm not seeing the huge difference between what the two guides that make any one guide so wrong that they become unusable.

More to the point, I'm surprised that EJ's guides got updated. I was hearing they weren't updated in a while and that they had inaccurate info since they were being updated for new patches and hotfixes, so that IS interesting.
Edited by Rimar on 1/24/2013 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Only what Elitist Jerks says and what IV says, at least for Rogues, are more or less the same thing. All EJ does different is put a hard number of how much of everything you need. It sounds to me like you're trying to advertise. IV has been working for me. If EJ works for someone else, then fine. But don't be going on about how one site has all the answers while everything else is screwy beyond belief without giving a reason or showing whatever different there is between the two sites that makes the advertised one better.

Which is possibly that big difference I was eluding to. IV uses SimCraft, which might put out some different numbers than what you're using. You mentioning that the numbers for any one person can vary sort of contradicts that the other sites are so wrong with what they are listing.

Not saying you're right or wrong in your actual information. Just I'm not seeing the huge difference between what the two guides that make any one guide so wrong that they become unusable.

More to the point, I'm surprised that EJ's guides got updated. I was hearing they weren't updated in a while and that they had inaccurate info since they were being updated for new patches and hotfixes, so that IS interesting.

Most people on the rogue forum hate IV, I noticed. I personally have always used EJ to get answers, and always will. Shrug.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Rimar, I ain't sure why you felt the need to necro a thread that virtually nobody was looking at just to criticize the last post in it, but now that this sucker's back on the front page, a couple clarifying bits:

-- At this point, Icy Veins' rogue spec guides haven't been updated since Mists launched last September. Even Aldriana, Pins and the Shadowcraft crew were still in the process of firming up their EP calculations at that point, but since then the Shadowcraft reforging tool has been updated and is now functional, making it easily the best place to turn for raiding stat priorities.

-- The reason Shadowcraft's stat weights can vary so widely from what's in either the EJ guides or the Icy Veins guide is because it's customized. Stat weights aren't written into the firmament; they're a moving target, they change with your gear, they go up and down depending on what *other* stats you have. Shadowcraft adjusts for all of that.

-- Yeah, EJ's spec guides didn't particularly exist until several weeks into the expansion. Reliable info on rogues in general was pretty tough to come by for a good while. But each EJ rogue spec guide is now pretty regularly maintained, though with varying levels of vigor depending on the guide.

01/24/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Rimar
Just I'm not seeing the huge difference between what the two guides that make any one guide so wrong that they become unusable.

I guess that'll depend on what you consider a big deal. :) For me, if I'm looking at two guides and one is more accurate/updated than the other -- even by just a tiny bit -- that is going to lead me to trust the more accurate/updated one a whole heck of a lot more than the other one.

I have always cherished Icy Veins for their raid strategy guides and quest-chain runthroughs (particularly for legendaries). For spec guides, not so much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
01/24/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Rfeann
I guess that'll depend on what you consider a big deal. :) For me, if I'm looking at two guides and one is more accurate/updated than the other -- even by just a tiny bit -- that is going to lead me to trust the more accurate/updated one a whole heck of a lot more than the other one.
There's also a bit of "2nd best is just the 1st looser" thing going on. And by that I mean that no matter how good IV's spec guides may be/become, as long as EJ/shadowcraft is even a little bit better then why would you ever use the IV guides? There's no cost difference or anything else to offset the choice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I completely agree about IV Noxxic and maxDPS being lower quality information regarding rogues and their stats. they arent off so much that its oing to absolutly kill your DPS but the differences between them and EJ is about a 10k-15k DPS increase at a 476 Ilvl. but i understand for some people EJ's guides dont make alot of sense but its definently worth learning what is said on EJ because it has always been a front runner for class guides in terms of accurate and difference making information ive used it since BC and its by far my prefered site.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
Figures an undead would do this

IV and Noxxic aren't awful, but they aren't rogue-specific and they don't ice the cake.

Man, Cloaked is on a roll with saying that.

You just don't ice the cake, man.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
/cast Turn Undead

Filthy bugger won't stay dead.

FYI, please do not post in old threads, that is called necroing and its frowned upon.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I don't like EJ it is barely updated...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]