Student Art Contest

90 Draenei Paladin
What about 'self portrait, WoW or non-WoW'? Allows for a a lot of creativity and the results could be a lot of fun. As far as mediums go, I'm thinking anything goes - scanned sketches, MS Paint, Photoshop...
as long as nothing is plagiarized and the person has actually "done something"*. It's pretty broad so it doesn't exclude those who don't think of themselves as artistically talented.

My only concern is that Im god awful at drawing humans and human like things. I'm much better when it comes to landscapes, nature and buildings. XD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
sorya you just have to believe in yourself
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
What about 'self portrait, WoW or non-WoW'? Allows for a a lot of creativity and the results could be a lot of fun. As far as mediums go, I'm thinking anything goes - scanned sketches, MS Paint, Photoshop...
as long as nothing is plagiarized and the person has actually "done something"*. It's pretty broad so it doesn't exclude those who don't think of themselves as artistically talented.

My only concern is that Im god awful at drawing humans and human like things. I'm much better when it comes to landscapes, nature and buildings. XD

Draw stealthed rogues and feral druids into your landscapes.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
So are there any strong feelings one way or another on prizes? Joy has generously offered up rare pets. I'd be happy with some sort of forum-based reward also, like "Everyone who didn't win has to pay the winner a compliment" or a thread dedicated to their awesomeness or something, just to make it less of a burden.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Shaman
I would be willing to part with some random crap that I have sitting around in my bank. Think of it like a mystery grab bag. I promise not all of it will be Moist Mail Pants
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Shaman
Just to clarify, there seriously would be some useful things in there. Like maybe ores or gems or cloth or... um... I totally have useful stuff, I'm sure. Maybe we could also collect a gold prize. I would be willing to throw in a couple hundred gold.

If I win, I want a mail hat that doesn't look awful on me.

Must remember to log out in forum outfit.
Reply Quote
Okay how about this:
If the winner is Horde I will mail them 100g and Yellow will mail them a surPRIZE from her bank
If the winner is Alliance I will promise never to snub them and maybe Joynal or some other person who plays Alliance can be in charge of actual prizes.
Either faction: They get a thread about how awesome they are and at least one limerick written for them.
Either faction: Whether the entrant won or not, anyone should feel free to mail gold or prizes (not useless clutter unless you know they will like it) to anyone whose entry they really liked.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I like the "favorite moment in WoW" idea. Mine happens to coincide with a comic I've been meaning to draw.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Okay how about this:
If the winner is Horde I will mail them 100g and Yellow will mail them a surPRIZE from her bank
If the winner is Alliance I will promise never to snub them and maybe Joynal or some other person who plays Alliance can be in charge of actual prizes.
Either faction: They get a thread about how awesome they are and at least one limerick written for them.
Either faction: Whether the entrant won or not, anyone should feel free to mail gold or prizes (not useless clutter unless you know they will like it) to anyone whose entry they really liked.

This sounds splendid.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Okay how about this:

This sounds splendid.

Motion carried.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Keep in mind that any suitable rare pets I have (and I still have to look) can be given to either side as long as they aren't faction specific to own. I can cage tradable pets just as easily from my Horde priest.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Joynal
Keep in mind that any suitable rare pets I have (and I still have to look) can be given to either side as long as they aren't faction specific to own. I can cage tradable pets just as easily from my Horde priest.

Are you interested in being in charge of Alliance prizes? We can start with this as soon as there is confirmation that someone is willing to take care of that side of things.

11/13/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Sorya

You can always draw a landscape and then put yourself in it kind of small

11/14/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Malles
I like the "favorite moment in WoW" idea. Mine happens to coincide with a comic I've been meaning to draw.

Hopefully we can have one of these running pretty frequently (weekly?) so that most of the themes will be used. Any additional ideas for themes can be posted here.

This means that I will probably have to return to logging in and doing dailies, because evidently each thread is going to cost me 100g. Totally worth it, and will get me to make that last push to 90, haha.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Sure, I'm game to handle prizes on Alliance side.

And I'll post what pets I have that I think might be nice prizes once I go through and see what I have. I know I have 3 Red Crickets, those might be interesting to players who haven't been doing the Tillers or aren't 90 yet to be able to start. I haven't been doing pet battles so none of them would be trained but then you won't have any bad habits to break them of, either.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Shaman

Hopefully we can have one of these running pretty frequently (weekly?) so that most of the themes will be used. Any additional ideas for themes can be posted here.

This means that I will probably have to return to logging in and doing dailies, because evidently each thread is going to cost me 100g. Totally worth it, and will get me to make that last push to 90, haha.

I am willing to continue supplying a random bag of crap every week... I mean a "surPRIZE" (boy, do you make it sound so much more appealing)... but I can't guarantee that it will still be useful things after the first couple of weeks.

But hey, people still like stacks of strange dust, right?
Reply Quote
Contest is up.
If it's not a total failure we can try to keep them going. Joy and Yellow, if you decide at any point you don't want to keep doling out your hard earned WoW items just say so and we can figure something else out.
Sorya I put in a caveat for you so you can draw a landscape if you want to.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Shaman
Noooo don't put in a caveat. I wanted to see a tree with Sorya's pigtails.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Yellowflower
Noooo don't put in a caveat. I wanted to see a tree with Sorya's pigtails.

Oh, I should totally put in a rule about how all of Sorya's submissions must include pigtails.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/15/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Grimms
Sorya I put in a caveat for you so you can draw a landscape if you want to.

Thank you! I will still try to see if I can't fit my character in somewhere...

11/15/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Grimms
Oh, I should totally put in a rule about how all of Sorya's submissions must include pigtails.

XD

Im still trying to figure out where to put me in my picture, but more than likely I'll try to accomplish this.

Also, drawing dreanei horns is haaaard.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
can I participate even if I'm not technically playing WoW right now? I might be able to once this semester is over. I'm working full time and taking a night class.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Jinja
can I participate even if I'm not technically playing WoW right now?

Yes! But if you're not going to be able to check your mail within 30 days you should say something so nobody tries to send you anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]