Arena Exploitation and Win Trading - Updated

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Mage
Can someone explain what win trading is and how the arenas were exploited? I'm a pve person so I'm lost.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/20/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Orhio
Can someone explain what win trading is and how the arenas were exploited? I'm a pve person so I'm lost.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2007/11/27/win-trading-cheating-for-the-top-arena-spots/
90 Human Death Knight
I wish someone would explain to me why I lost all rating, gear and my 2200 3's achievement even though I didn't exploit. DK's are overlooked in arena, so apparently it's a crime when someone runs TSG to 2300? Guess we better not do that again. MY MISTAKE FOR TRYING TO GET RATING.
90 Human Paladin
it feels great to have all your items remove when you did no such thing.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/20/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Xlyon
I wish someone would explain to me why I lost all rating, gear and my 2200 3's achievement even though I didn't exploit. DK's are overlooked in arena, so apparently it's a crime when someone runs TSG to 2300? Guess we better not do that again. MY MISTAKE FOR TRYING TO GET RATING.

someone on your team had to exploit so whole team is punished. I would say take this as a life lesson and choice your friends wisely.
14 Gnome Rogue
So I'm guessing blizzard didn't even ban these people, just removed their gear / achieves?
90 Undead Monk
MMR did not get reset, it would seem. At least not for my friends team queuin right now...
LOL Bailamos... you cry sooooo much about others cheating in RBGs when we all know you openly try to DDOS every team you go up against.

RANK ONE DDOSER BAILMOSTAR
RANK ONE DDOSER KASKA
RANK ONE DDOSER KASKA
RANK ONE DDOSER KASKA
RANK ONE DDOSER KASKA
RANK ONE DDOSER KASKA

idiot.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Right here blizzard is in the perfect situation to literally restart the season but they still won't for some unknown foolish reason. To me its actually insulting that they sit here and make posts like this one about how much they care and how seriously they take cheating when they simply and quite obviously don't.

They clearly don't know their own game if they think a banwave will fix the issues. Ratings will still be inflated even for the legit teams that just happened to que into empty free point matches.

The only true way to fix it is a straight up MMR and Team Rating reset which has so many pro's its the obvious thing to do here but yet blizzard still wont its really quite a joke.

Reasons why a straight up reset would be beneficial/negative:

+ hunters that stampeded to 2200+ will now actually have to be good players to retain rating
+ MMR should have been reset from beginning of season because a players capabilities can change drastically expansion to expansion if they are playing the fotm class
+ Ladder will be completely free of cheese and cheaters for the rest of the reason

- Players who were legit will have to replay up to their old ratings. Shouldn't even matter because if they dont like to do arenas than why are they playing in the first place
-It will cost blizzard money which is an issue because clearly they don't have a lot of that.

Don't even know why i wasted my time writing this it will never be seen.

TLDR: There is an orchestra of reasons on why a total mmr and team reset is mandatory if the remainder of the season is going to be a success but it simply wont happen because blizzard does not give a shred of care to pvp.

Did you read the whole thing? they said they were resetting MMR of all teams above 2200 down to 2200 and then all the teams that were found guilty of abusing the MMR issue were reset to 1500 and a bunch of other stuff... srsly... no achievements, no gear, no conquest... i dont understand why people keep acting like they are ONLY going to 3day ban those ppl.... now with 2200 being the reset point the people who are actually legit will get their normal ratings and all the other people WONT...
90 Orc Warrior
im so mad right now. i never did those win trades in arenas, not even once. why did u guys take my gears away??? Blizzard must re-check it !! You cannot take my gears away without any proof. Honestly, i knew there was a bug to level ratings in arena. However, I never tried to use that because I love PVP, I dont care about ratings. If I used bugs, I should have my Tier 2 already, but I did not. Now, you took my arena gears away and reset those points, I do not think there is any reason for me, who do not raid, to continue playing.

Below is proof i have.

1. Highest 2's i got from this season is 2000+, record was 40-11
2. I have played almost 2000games this season, highest rating for 3's is 2159, with a feral and hpally.
3. I just got to know that my 2's teammate "Sevensense" used some bugs to level up his 2's with other people. Is this the reason why u took my stuff away? This is rediculous!! I did not even know that he exploited and traded some wins with other people before I got punished. I did not do any that kinda of stuff with anyone.

I wish Blizzard can give me a good explanation.
Thank you.
90 Undead Priest
im so mad right now. i never did those win trades in arenas, not even once. why did u guys take my gears away??? Blizzard must re-check it !! You cannot take my gears away without any proof. Honestly, i knew there was a bug to level ratings in arena. However, I never tried to use that because I love PVP, I dont care about ratings. If I used bugs, I should have my Tier 2 already, but I did not. Now, you took my arena gears away and reset those points, I do not think there is any reason for me, who do not raid, to continue playing.

Below is proof i have.

2. I have played almost 2000games this season, highest rating for 3's is 2159, with a feral and hpally.
3. I just got to know that my 2's teammate "Sevensense" used some bugs to level up his 2's with other people. Is this the reason why u took my stuff away? This is rediculous!! I did not even know that he exploited and traded some wins with other people before I got punished. I did not do any that kinda of stuff with anyone.

Thank you.

somehow i think

Below is proof i have.

Thank you.

real pvp lover shouldn't dead
i think blizzard have to take care in this case some player get unfair penalty.
90 Draenei Shaman
11/19/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Naliya
All players that participated in this should be permanently banned. Go the extra level to ensure that it never happens again, by making an example of those that ruin the experience for everyone else.

And yell at your devs and quality team about letting "exploits" like this through.
90 Human Paladin
Nice, none of this affects me, but I'm glad exploiters are being punished somewhat, even if it feels quite weak. And I somewhat feel for the poor buggers that teamed with the exploiters, but it just sounds like you guys will have to do it again!

gg Blizz for actually doing something. Now please fix class imbalances...
90 Human Death Knight
11/20/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Xlyon

Same here. I didnt exploit at all and get punished.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/19/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Does that include RBG ratings? A quick answer would be appreciated as queuing hangs in the balance!

It doesn't include Rated Battlegrounds at this time, and this is primarily aimed at the recognized Arena issue.

We're looking into RBGs though.

Soooo....should my RBG team even bother with trying to hit 2200 legitly? considering that most likely we will have our stuff taken away and be punished for something we havent done? we also pull alot of random ppl from our realm, consistently have 2-3 new rbg team memebers in our group. if one of them happened to do ill legitimate activites in another rbg group im basically screwed? just double checking here.
90 Human Paladin
LOL Bailamos... you cry sooooo much about others cheating in RBGs when we all know you openly try to DDOS every team you go up against.

RANK ONE DDOSER KASKA
RANK ONE DDOSER KASKA
RANK ONE DDOSER KASKA
RANK ONE DDOSER KASKA
RANK ONE DDOSER KASKA

idiot.
1 Orc Rogue
For the people that did Arena Exploiting on there level 85 chars for account wide achivs.. there was alot of that going on, would the level 90s on the account take affect of the following penalties?
90 Draenei Paladin
These punishments aren't nearly harsh enough. I vote we bring back the ol' tar and feathers.
60 Human Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/reckoning/5v5 seems legit, looks like you guys missed a team.
p.s. Hunter and Paladin are both known s11 wintraders.
Edited by Kedali on 11/20/2012 11:46 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]