Arena Exploitation and Win Trading - Updated

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
inb4 no mmr reset
90 Human Paladin
C N
What about the achievements that the exploiters gained? The elite gear they received?
90 Orc Hunter
i bet no mmr/ladder reset too :) . i hope they do it tho.
90 Tauren Druid
Jk no bans, slap on the wrist most likely. Why ban something giving you your paycheck?
Problem is those people that fought the ones cheating received points which couldn't be helped. So they got quite a boost as well. I'm talking about the cheating time running into legit players and leaving.
90 Worgen Druid
I don't do arena, but this sounds like a great move on Blizzard's part.
90 Human Death Knight
I remember back in TBC when the massive win-trading exploit was caught. Thousands of WoW players permanently lost access to their accounts.

edit: If you're guilty of this, you might want to trade your gold to an innocent friend ASAP.
Edited by Averagetank on 11/13/2012 10:24 AM PST
1 Troll Shaman
This must have been what they meant when they said they were going to implement ways for rating inflation.
90 Human Warlock
You need to do a full ladder/MMR wipe if you want this problem to be fixed. Banning abusers won't fix the problem since many of the ladders are populated with legitimate teams that beat the MMR exploiters to attain high ratings. If you don't reset, nobody will be able to catch them and the brackets will be even less active than they are already.
90 Human Priest
A 2k+ mmr reset has been done before, correct? Maybe that's the solution here. I'm in a wait and see approach, hoping for the best.
ladder wipe plz..thast the only way to fix.
90 Night Elf Druid
good i hope every last one gets perma banned
90 Orc Death Knight
No last minute desicion to reset mmr plz! :)
90 Human Priest
To save this season you have to reset all ladders and MMR. There is really no other way even if you ban the people, others will just farm their MMR off of them continuing this cycle.
90 Human Death Knight
Nothing is or will happen to the players doing this.

This post is "warm fuzzy" for everyone.

This has happened before, Blizzard permabanned everyone involved.
90 Human Warlock
11/13/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Flannelsoff
No last minute desicion to reset mmr plz! :)

keep those flannels on... nasty ...
85 Human Rogue
Providing an environment where players can compete in the spirit of fair play is extremely important to us, particularly in rated Player versus Player combat. As part of that commitment we regularly monitor gameplay, and have discovered an issue where some Arena teams have exploited the queuing system to obtain high team ratings, “dodge” unfavorable team compositions, and engage in win trading.

I feel like this is not true. If it was important to you guys, you would have at least acknowledge this when it first started. It has gone on for a long time now and way to many people have used and abused it. A real issue is going to be the smart people that used it, then quit the team and now can clearly climb back up to 2200 with ease. If you want to provide a good environment for us, please reset all Teams/MMR back to 1500. Also just fix the bug too. Everyone has explained how the bug worked, just get the tech people on it and see if they can fix it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]