Arena Exploitation and Win Trading - Updated

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
How about banning rbg exploiters now?
90 Undead Warlock
11/19/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Does that include RBG ratings? A quick answer would be appreciated as queuing hangs in the balance!

It doesn't include Rated Battlegrounds at this time, and this is primarily aimed at the recognized Arena issue.

We're looking into RBGs though.

So, what happened to looking into RBGs? Lol.
90 Human Death Knight
01/16/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Psyops

It doesn't include Rated Battlegrounds at this time, and this is primarily aimed at the recognized Arena issue.

So, what happened to looking into RBGs? Lol.

They decided to only look at the exploiters, but not actually give them any punishment.
90 Human Paladin
A turn for the better! I still don't think that all you can do.
Edited by Sealed on 1/16/2013 1:57 PM PST
90 Human Mage
The fact that they are looking into it means they are aware of what is going on but unsure of how to approach the situation. If you watch any high rated RBG stream or queue RBGs above 2200, you are bound to run into these teams quite often and get free rating. With all of this happening it may become harder for them to tell the cheaters apart from the legitimate players. The fact that it has been allowed to go on for this long means that it has become extremely widespread. I hope the punishments for this are just as bad if not worse than the arena ones.
90 Undead Warlock
explanation would be nice
90 Undead Warlock
01/16/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Bottles
The fact that they are looking into it means they are aware of what is going on but unsure of how to approach the situation. If you watch any high rated RBG stream or queue RBGs above 2200, you are bound to run into these teams quite often and get free rating. With all of this happening it may become harder for them to tell the cheaters apart from the legitimate players. The fact that it has been allowed to go on for this long means that it has become extremely widespread. I hope the punishments for this are just as bad if not worse than the arena ones.

That's what I'm thinking as well, but I think a good way to handle this would be to start by resetting the mmr/rating of the ones who are incredibly obvious about their wintrading (i.e., 3k+ rated in blues.) After this, they need to fix the exploit that allows wintrading to occur reliably.
17 Human Warlock
01/16/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Psyops
That's what I'm thinking as well, but I think a good way to handle this would be to start by resetting the mmr/rating of the ones who are incredibly obvious about their wintrading (i.e., 3k+ rated in blues.) After this, they need to fix the exploit that allows wintrading to occur reliably.

They need to fix the issue first, and then action the exploiters after.
3 Pandaren Warrior
Does that include RBG ratings? A quick answer would be appreciated as queuing hangs in the balance!

Anyone at Blizzard stopped and looked at the RBG ladder recently?

But yeah, i guess better give people getting to 3k rating in 20 games with no prior relevant PvP experience the benefit of the doubt.
Edited by Zergallyeah on 1/16/2013 2:17 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
01/16/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Sifo
How about banning rbg exploiters now?
90 Orc Shaman
bump fix RBG ladder plz
1 Troll Druid
Why can't Blizzard fix these messes DURING the season or at least the xpac the problem is in.

Useless.

It almost makes me want to join in on the abuse since clearly they DGAF.
Edited by Zg on 1/16/2013 3:47 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
2 months later you defintely have a response to us
right?
90 Human Mage
Why can't Blizzard fix these messes DURING the season or at least the xpac the problem is in.

Useless.

It almost makes me want to join in on the abuse since clearly they DGAF.

It's possible that they are studying what the win traders are doing and creating a way to effectively find every one of them and mass ban. Not a very good way to control the damage it's already done to the system though.
I noticed somebody openly advertising "LFM RBG WIN TRADING" on Oqueue today and opened a ticket to report it. I wont mention the toon's name or realm in order to not break ToS but I do hope the rest of you will report any type of activity of this nature.
90 Human Priest
2 months later you defintely have a response to us
right?

Blizzard you're so busted for not giving a damn about your players who play fair.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It is funny how people who have never been over 1750 in arena are now all GMs and HWs and they all get it in one day.
Is blizzard doing something about this yet? RBG t2 is out of hand and littered with disgusting wintraders
90 Human Warrior
There will be a blanket ban right before the season ends, they've pretty much always handled it this way.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]