Arena Exploitation and Win Trading - Updated

(Locked)

90 Human Rogue
Wondering if I can get some clarification. I completely agree that the exploiting mmr and wintrading is bs and people should have actions taken upon them for doing it because it is cheating.

But when you say "Dodging" is this in accordance with the mmr exploiting or are people not allowed to stop queing when they know the teams that they will que into counters them and all that they will do is lose rating?...
40 Blood Elf Rogue
They just "discovered" something that all serious pvpers have been aware of for a long time.

"If the info is widely available on fansites, chances are we've heard it too." - Ghostcrawler.

They knew about it from the start. Don't be silly.

I'm not saying they didnt know about it. Quite they opposite. My point was that since they would have known about it for a while, why would they word it to come across as having just discovered it?

But I can't really complain. I've played like 5 arena games since wrath.
Edited by Silx on 11/13/2012 11:56 AM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
Wow another season full of this....how.......shocking.
90 Dwarf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/crushridge/5v5/tsgturtlepoop/

Ban please

lol @ the druid on that team 1750 2000 and 2200 achieve in the same night

Im not defending that but when KFC was popular, my team contered them and my shadow got the 2k/2200 ach in one night.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Wondering if I can get some clarification. I completely agree that the exploiting mmr and wintrading is bs and people should have actions taken upon them for doing it because it is cheating.

But when you say "Dodging" is this in accordance with the mmr exploiting or are people not allowed to stop queing when they know the teams that they will que into counters them and all that they will do is lose rating?...

Yeah if thats considered cheating; then were all out of luck. I garentee im not the only person whos been farmed by glads'/rank1s' alts.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/13/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Trip
mmr/ladder reset in the middle of the season? you want another s10 again?

There was no ladder or mmr reset in s10.

They did however change how the mmr system worked mid season, which is totally different.

Educate before posting xoxo.

s9 reset led to s10.
90 Worgen Death Knight
11/13/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Nazdrag
BAN HAMMER!

This, NOTHING BUT THIS! ^^^
90 Orc Hunter
inb4 no mmr / ladder reset.

Taking bets.

Nothing's going to happen.

Blizzard would rather keep grabbing money, than to upset a couple of exploiters.
90 Human Rogue
/clap
90 Tauren Druid
Ban hammer time!!! Kill them all Blizz, hate cheaters and liars.
If you don't reset or rollback the teams that benefited from the exploiter's MMR (Farmed them at 5am when they were all queueing) this season will still be a joke.
Edited by Tufflol on 11/13/2012 12:14 PM PST
100 Undead Rogue
Blizzard, banning isnt enough. Reset all mmrs, even players who arnt exploiting are benefiting from facing exploiters
90 Tauren Warrior
LATTER RESET ALL MMR AND TEAMS
LATTER RESET ALL MMR AND TEAMS
LATTER RESET ALL MMR AND TEAMS...
100 Gnome Priest
Providing an environment where players can compete in the spirit of fair play is extremely important to us, particularly in rated Player versus Player combat. As part of that commitment we regularly monitor gameplay, and have discovered an issue where some Arena teams have exploited the queuing system to obtain high team ratings, “dodge” unfavorable team compositions, and engage in win trading.

These, and all, exploitative activities are absolutely prohibited. We will investigate the situation carefully, and players that have been found to have participated in exploitation will be subject to the appropriate actions against their World of Warcraft accounts. In the meantime, we are currently working to resolve any remaining issues with the queue system to prevent this behavior in the future.

I am quite interested in seeing what "fixes" you have in store for this issue.

Obviously the 1st priority is to fix the bug. After that you must decide what to do about the ladders. The relationship between mmr and personal/team rating is a bit more complex than many people seem to realize. Something along the lines of a complete ladder/mmr reset is going to be needed. Some have even suggested a rollback to 2 weeks ago. Either way it is safe to say that it is far too late to implement a small scale or localized fix like banning/resetting a handful of the more obvious teams.
90 Draenei Shaman
11/13/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Daddypurp
It's sad that Blizzard should even have to do this. Is it really THAT hard to just play the game the way it was meant to be played?

This is what? Their fourth try I believe at making a ranking system that people can't cheat. To me the bottom line is if there's no balance anyways why bother trying to assign ranks to people? Is finding loopholes really that much different than re-rolling whatever the FOTM is and then getting carried by Blizzard?
90 Human Hunter
This bug is not new at all, back to level 70, people did it too. I think too many players used this bug and for that reason, Blizzard won't ban them, cause they will lose money... In my opinion, the best thing to do is reseting MMR and raiting of the players who used "trading raiting" and removing achievement. So if they are really good player, they can get it back (at least 2.2k+). In additional, please reset raiting the next season.
Reset it all. It'll also stop the wintraders from sitting on their high mmr until end of season then wintrade to rank 1.
90 Orc Warrior
11/13/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Pigboy
Reset it all. It'll also stop the wintraders from sitting on their high mmr until end of season then wintrade to rank 1.

This x100
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]