Arena Exploitation and Win Trading - Updated

(Locked)

90 Human Hunter
what about guys who are able to get wep this week with a legit 2.2k they got weeks ago ?

they ll be mad if ladder got reset.

I wouldn't care, and this is from a hunter who probably wouldn't be able to get 2.2 anymore.

Reset ladder / mmr pretty please.
34 Troll Druid
11/13/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Daxxarri
spirit of fair play

Did you notice gear-based arenas are as far away from fair as they can get to be?
90 Tauren Druid
11/13/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Phishly
except the people playing against these exploiters legitimately have their ratings inflated too. banning the teams you "think" exploited solves nothing. a full reset to the ladders and mmr is the only solution. unfortunately, it is one that will not happen

Feel free to point out anywhere in my post where I said they shouldn't reset ladders/mmr.
90 Draenei Warrior
omg this makes me mad how broken this looks to me if anything every1 should have all the same il gear
pvp is ment to be about countering and skill and what not blah blah not who's got the best gear
Edited by Fatlip on 11/13/2012 1:58 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
omg this makes me mad how broken this looks to me if anything every1 should have all the same il gear
pvp is ment to be about countering and skill and what not blah blah not who's got the best gear

You mean whoever has a mage or warrior on their team? It's not as gear based as you think. You can still hit 2.2k without 2.2k weapons.
90 Human Priest
11/13/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Pigboy
Reset it all. It'll also stop the wintraders from sitting on their high mmr until end of season then wintrade to rank 1.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Pigboysup/simple

90 Orc Warrior
Providing an environment where players can compete in the spirit of fair play is extremely important to us, particularly in rated Player versus Player combat. As part of that commitment we regularly monitor gameplay, and have discovered an issue where some Arena teams have exploited the queuing system to obtain high team ratings, “dodge” unfavorable team compositions, and engage in win trading.

These, and all, exploitative activities are absolutely prohibited. We will investigate the situation carefully, and players that have been found to have participated in exploitation will be subject to the appropriate actions against their World of Warcraft accounts. In the meantime, we are currently working to resolve any remaining issues with the queue system to prevent this behavior in the future.

Is there plans to fix the other issues this exploit caused?

A bit of inflation went around, and some teams got boosted really high as a result of this... Then again, I don't really know how you could with out resetting the ladder.
90 Draenei Shaman
11/13/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Slythorxoxo
Rank 1 blue post
90 Pandaren Warrior
Daxxarri, the only blue that cares about us.
90 Draenei Shaman
But, its the exploit fixed? I hope so, i hate to see in streams free wins, on the reset ladder issue blizz aint gonna do nothing because the new system its gonna "fix it"
blizzard doesn't have the balls to ban all that have cheated. there are just too many people doing it.
100 Human Death Knight
Its great to get a post from a blue on this. Thanks Bliz for keeping everyone informed! I'd like to see more of this :)
90 Human Rogue
I was told last season, that you were going to disqualify many players who were known win-traders...and yet a lot got their titles anyway.

What chance is there, that you'll actually disqualify a majority (should be 100%, but I can imagine how strenuous that could be) of these exploiters?Aside from the glaringly obvious MMR exploits where people are in the top ranks with negative win ratios...how likely are we to see you catch a majority of the culprits huh?

Lol...I'll wait to see this 'purging of the ladders' before I get my hopes up. I'm not expecting much.
90 Gnome Priest
Good punishment = strip all pvp achivements and gear let them work for it again
90 Human Hunter
Providing an environment where players can compete in the spirit of fair play is extremely important to us, particularly in rated Player versus Player combat. As part of that commitment we regularly monitor gameplay, and have discovered an issue where some Arena teams have exploited the queuing system to obtain high team ratings, “dodge” unfavorable team compositions, and engage in win trading.

These, and all, exploitative activities are absolutely prohibited. We will investigate the situation carefully, and players that have been found to have participated in exploitation will be subject to the appropriate actions against their World of Warcraft accounts. In the meantime, we are currently working to resolve any remaining issues with the queue system to prevent this behavior in the future.

What about the people who got high ratings playing against these teams without being a part of it? my friend is sitting on a 2800 team because of this.

This^
Edited by Ascendzy on 11/13/2012 5:36 PM PST
11/13/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Drbònghitphd

We were queuing last day on my freshly dinged alt mage who was originally 2200 first week for cap, only teams we ended up running into were exploiters, wasnt on purpose, and I could care less if that gets reset.
Edited by Pigboy on 11/13/2012 5:44 PM PST
90 Human Hunter
11/13/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Pigboy

We were queuing last day on my freshly dinged alt mage who was originally 2200 first week for cap, only teams we ended up running into were exploiters, wasnt on purpose, and I could care less if that gets reset.

Yeah most people QQ about teams like yours, but I was in skype with the current R1 5s on nightfall when they were queuing into wintraders all night. Basically a bunch of 1800 players shot up to 2500 without playing... It's going to be sad if they just ban the obvious wintraders and leave the teams with decent win/loss ratios with their titles. Without resetting mmr and ladders, this post doesn't mean anything.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]