Arena Exploitation and Win Trading - Updated

(Locked)

11/13/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Ascendzy
Yeah most people QQ about teams like yours, but I was in skype with the current R1 5s on nightfall when they were queuing into wintraders all night. Basically a bunch of 1800 players shot up to 2500 without playing... It's going to be sad if they just ban the obvious wintraders and leave the teams with decent win/loss ratios with their titles. Without resetting mmr and ladders, this post doesn't mean anything.

They need to wipe everything, those that got high ratings can do it again. Its still early in the season and not too late to reset. Hopefully they do.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Are you taking action against this in the same way as you did against item dupers in 4.3, or mine-herb botters for the last 5 years?

"Move along, nothing to see here, there are no Americans in Iraq"
90 Gnome Warlock
While I'm glad something is being done now, why is Blizzard addressing win trading now after 6 years of it happening without a peep (not counting the ones that paid RL cash for their rating)?
90 Dwarf Shaman
A reset is the only fair thing to do.
Exploiters should have their achievements taken away, a perma-ban might be abit harsh.
Resetting the ladder itself might cause some problems, there are legit teams with inflated ratings that haven't really done anything wrong ;s
tricky situation for Blizz~
1 Dwarf Shaman
Anything less then a full for the SECOND mistake this season is a slap in the face for everyone. It will just prove blizzard is in this for the money.
90 Human Hunter
11/13/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Pigboy
Yeah most people QQ about teams like yours, but I was in skype with the current R1 5s on nightfall when they were queuing into wintraders all night. Basically a bunch of 1800 players shot up to 2500 without playing... It's going to be sad if they just ban the obvious wintraders and leave the teams with decent win/loss ratios with their titles. Without resetting mmr and ladders, this post doesn't mean anything.

They need to wipe everything, those that got high ratings can do it again. Its still early in the season and not too late to reset. Hopefully they do.

An actual respectable person on here not trying to defend his broken glad rating because he can actually achieve it again. Respect sir.
90 Orc Shaman
5.1 will fix it don't worry.

I will put money on Ghostcrawler making a post saying something about how their planned rating inflation will make everything ok in 2-3 weeks.

I hope I can eat my words and be proven wrong but I doubt it.
90 Orc Shaman
By dodging i don't think they meant waiting for a bit before queueing they mean that there is a way to leave the arena without losing mmr and rating if their comp counters yours.
90 Human Rogue
11/13/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Bándet
“dodge” unfavorable team compositions

Seriously?

First off, you expect me to purposefully que into a counter-comp, after losing 3 times knowing they are just farming points?

Second off, how could you even enforce that to begin with?

There gonna !@#$ing strap you down to a chair %^-*! and make you que...lol

I don't get how que dodging is bad (I personally don't do it, you learn more from losing), but what if people just don't want to play out of frustration?

Shaman : Hey sins I just don't feel like queing man...this isn't fun just getting 1 shot by triple DPS
Me: Yah that's fine, lets just call it here. We'll que up tomorrow and see how we go

I guess now we'll get banned for that???
80 Worgen Druid
You are mis-interpreting his words there.

11/13/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Sinzx
We'll que up tomorrow and see how we go

That is not queue dodging and you know it.
90 Human Rogue
You are mis-interpreting his words there.

We'll que up tomorrow and see how we go

That is not queue dodging and you know it.

It isn't? I thought it was...

So que dodging is only counting when another team is already inside the arena then queing?

Edit: To put that in perspective, isn't logging also que dodging? I mean you're avoiding fighting that team on purpose
Edited by Sinzx on 11/13/2012 9:28 PM PST
90 Gnome Priest
HAM
They should reset their teams (obviously) and make them intelligible for arena titles this season, if there is a way to do that. Also agree with Bandet. If I'm getting farmed by a counter comp, I'm taking a 5 min break.
90 Draenei Shaman
I just want to echo everyone else's request that both mmr and team ratings be reset once the bug is fixed. As everyone else has already explained, the ladders will mean nothing if there is no reset, since so many teams have inadvertently (or intentionally) gained inflated ratings from the mmr exploiters (see Jahmilli's rank 1 team on Bloodlust).

Pretty much all of the people that I know that do serious arena have stated they will quit WoW if they do not reset the ladders, as will I.

Edit: While I personally support resetting all teams to zero, I also saw another idea which might result in less whining from the community. Reset all mmr to 1500, and reduce any team rating above 2200 down to 2200. All the players who can legitimately get gladiator should have no trouble raising their team rating back up to the appropriate rating, and no team will have over inflated ratings from the mmr exploit.
Edited by Stupidshammy on 11/14/2012 12:05 AM PST
90 Orc Hunter
11/13/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Sanctifiêd
so what will happen to tichondrius when its an empty server?

I believe you mean Illidan. That server has like 100 high ranked 90% win ratio players who have sh!t for gear
90 Night Elf Druid
Agree that they need to reset ladders. They're so badly !@#$ed up right now it's ridiculous.
80 Worgen Druid
11/12/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
Paying to play the game doesn't inherently entitle you to get what you want the way you want. We take player feedback very seriously, but this isn't design by democracy.

Yes, but we can vote with your money.

Reset everything.

I guess I did that your money, which is true, I meant mine, but, I like your money, government style.
Edited by Slawshedd on 11/14/2012 12:54 AM PST
80 Night Elf Hunter
Too bad Arenas are complete garbage thanks to blizzard.
90 Worgen Druid
how in the hell can you queue for an arena match, not go in and still get a win? that dont make any sense at all. is that what you people are saying here? cause i am completely lost. maybe like my playstyle, but will someone please explain what the fuss is about?
and please dont use big words, me dont understnad them much better.
Edited by Bramund on 11/14/2012 1:46 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]