What should existing major characters do...

85 Tauren Shaman
To earn back the respect of the playerbase while still making sane, rational decisions in the best interests of their people?

Baine for example needs to get a spine and realize that if the Tauren want to have the ability to keep the peace in the world they need to move beyond tent-level existence.

Currently people don't think Vol'jin is qualified for some bizarre reason, so he clearly needs to show some more ambition and such.

Varian actually seems to be in a better place in 5.1 Blizz just needs to not make him 'suddenly perfect' and all the other leaders suddenly idiots.

What do you all think? (Feel free to touch on less prominent characters too)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Varian actually seems to be in a better place in 5.1 Blizz just needs to not make him 'suddenly perfect' and all the other leaders suddenly idiots.

I think Varian discovered weed. Before he was like "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" and now he's like "Peace bro...peaaaccceeeee..."
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/13/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Skytotem
Baine for example needs to get a spine and realize that if the Tauren want to have the ability to keep the peace in the world they need to move beyond tent-level existence.

Not only that, but stop being such half-assed pacifists. His treatment of the Quilboar... his view of certain other things. I guess this could be included in the "get a spine" comment -- but I read that as "get a spine and be a real leader" while I am suggesting the race as a whole needs to get a spine.

I know this will sound incredibly selfish, but I want more Tauren. I was happy to see both Muln and Hamuul appear in Cata, even if only in neutral situations, and wish to see a true Tauren leader emerge.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Currently people don't think Vol'jin is qualified for some bizarre reason, so he clearly needs to show some more ambition and such.

Personally, I think people are expecting too much from Vol'jin too fast.

"Recruit more Trolls!"

"Find more Loa!"

"Build a city!"

Take it easy, the man just got stabbed in the throat.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 11/13/2012 1:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Take it easy, the man got stabbed in the throat.

Blizz really should've at least had him get his throat slit from the back... it's weird that the assasin just walks up and stabs him in the face.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/13/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Bullcowsby
I know this will sound incredibly selfish, but I want more Tauren. I was happy to see both Muln and Hamuul appear in Cata, even if only in neutral situations, and wish to see a true Tauren leader emerge.

I think Baine has a hard time being in his father shadow.

I know thats a typical answer and everything but I honestly believe its true. I do wish to see more Tauren leadership in the Horde, but I think Baine is a great guy to be leader.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/13/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Skytotem
Blizz really should've at least had him get his throat slit from the back... it's weird that the assasin just walks up and stabs him in the face.

Have you ever seen X-Men: Last Stand? I think it's more like, he snuck up from behind, quickly wrapped his arms around him and stabbed him, like Beast did to Magneto with the needles.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Never saw.

11/13/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Haely
I think Baine has a hard time being in his father shadow.

"I'm gonna do everything my dad did without making changes based on changing situations like the Grimtotems KILLING HIM or the Quillboar KILLING MY PEOPLE" -Baine Failhoof

Ya think?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Alliance side I think the two hardest will be Malfurion and Tyrande.

Tyrande I think needs a moment where she is the voice of Elune. She is the High Priestess of Elune, nothing has changed that, there should be a moment where players see why that is relevent.

Malfurion Stormrage, honestly I'm not sure what to do with him (I understand that our friendly Night Elf fans have some suggestions :). But something that think would both help him regain respect from Alliance players (Night Elves in particular) would be to have him fight to protect something or someone in Ashenvale. Even better, while doing so he needs to be rescued by Tyrande.
Edited by Danseis on 11/13/2012 1:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Tyrande needs to lead her people, and not let Malfurion do it. And, if he tries to, she needs to shove her high-heel so far up his !@# he'll have to sleep another thousand years before he can walk straight.

Baine needs to break away from the Horde.

Vol'jin needs to break away from the Horde.

Thrall needs to die in a fire, and stab Aggra in the stomach before doing so; that baby should never be born.

And the biggest one. The entire Alliance needs to recognize that the Orcs are incapable of leading themselves, and either wipe them out or control them permamently in some fashion.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
11/13/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Danseis
he needs to be rescued by Tyrande.

This sounds good.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
And the biggest one. The entire Alliance needs to recognize that the Orcs are incapable of leading themselves, and either wipe them out or control them permamently in some fashion.

You know Hall... I didn't think you were this vindictive... <.<

Orcs can manage themselves perfectly fine as long as they have wise leadership. Look at the Frostwolves in Alterac... they don't have plans for world domination, never did... they just wanted to live in peace and quiet and in harmony with nature.

The problem is that the younger generation are still too aflame with stories of glory and are applying the wrong lesson to what the elders are trying to say. That is all.... plus world events don't help get the right message across either.

Why though?

Tents are perfectly fine.... there's nothing wrong with wanting to live in tents or being semi nomadic as a culture. It has no bearing on the influences they may or may not have, nor their technological prowess (see the great lifts for an example).

Tauren live with nature, building huge houses out of stone doesn't really equate to their philosophy and basic roots. Unless you want to completely remake the tauren as something they are not. (Just remember taurens are large beings and creating permanent structures for beings of their size will have a large and lasting impact on the surrounding areas.)

Baine is learning the ropes... he wasn't really groomed too much for leadership as it's only been 10 years (roughly) since ALL the tauren tribes were united... he's still learning in very difficult circumstances.

Nor would houses or Baine growing a spine as you put it, change their position one iota. Garrosh has a larger standing force and more military capability than the Tauren could ever hope to muster alone....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Velen needs to learn the Shadow. They already have a connection with the dead (spirits in Auchenai Crypts), and the Naaru succumb to the shadow when they die. He shouldn't fear the darkness and future and learn to embrace the shadow along with his light powers. I want priests who can wield both sides without going crazy.

Theron needs to step down as a leader. He's not a politician, as he said so himself, but I don't want a reset into the past by adding a Sunstrider. Make a council like the dwarves, give Rommath and Liadrin some power.

What I most want though is to have some actual generals and military leaders. I think it's beyond stupid for leaders to step into battle while leaving their cities unattended to. What happens if any of them were to die. Sylvanas did, and Vol'jin came close. I want military that I can grow with, that introduce me to the leaders rather than be a hero that is Varian's best friend or Gallywix's rival.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/13/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Noitora
What I most want though is to have some actual generals and military leaders. I think it's beyond stupid for leaders to step into battle while leaving their cities unattended to. What happens if any of them were to die. Sylvanas did, and Vol'jin came close. I want military that I can grow with, that introduce me to the leaders rather than be a hero that is Varian's best friend or Gallywix's rival.

Speaking of this, I think Rokhan would be perfect for position of second-in-command of the Darkspear.

Really, where is that damn Troll? We know he came back from Northrend because he was mentioned in Stormrage, and I'm really surprised he wasn't at Zalazane's Fall. I love Vol'jin, but for Loa's sake, Rokhan was the Darkspear OG.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 11/13/2012 2:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Tyrande needs to punch Malfurion in the face and be like, "Hey, I lead our people while you slept in a cave for a thousand years, don't tell me how to do it you weird manbearpigowldruidthing.

Gallywix needs to be around... And just die.... In a fire...

Sylvannas needs to just make a damn wall around her territory and be like, "This is all we need." So fortify that wall between Hillsbrad and Arathi. Reinforce the bulwark and just fix the gaps.

Genn needs to be like, "GILNEAS IS MINE!" pee on it, and then move back in.

Varian needs to.... I actually like where he's going so no comment. But Anduin, he needs to date Wrathion and lead Azeroth against the Legion.

Velen needs to do something that isn't suggesting the Alliance evacuates Azeroth like he did before Deathwing returned.

The Council of Three Hammers needs to fix Magni.

Geblin (that Gnome dude) needs to recapture Gnomeregan fully so I never have to do that dungeon again. Ever.

Vol'jin needs to be like, "I'mm stab you in the face Garrosh, right here, right now.:

Garrosh needs to die. End of story.

Baine needs to grow a pair.

Lor'themar needs to be like, "Maaan, these Horde guys are so messing up my dew. FOR THE ALLIANCE!"

Thrall needs to realize Garrosh is a bloody idiot.

Jaina... Well, she can stop being mean to us Blood Elves, I like Dalaran, but it should be Alliance.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Why Though?

Tents are perfectly fine.... there's nothing wrong with wanting to live in tents or being semi nomadic as a culture. It has no bearing on the influences they may or may not have, nor their technological prowess (see the great lifts for an example).

Tauren live with nature, building huge houses out of stone doesn't really equate to their philosophy and basic roots. Unless you want to completely remake the tauren as something they are not. (Just remember taurens are large beings and creating permanent structures for beings of their size will have a large and lasting impact on the surrounding areas.)

Baine is learning the ropes... he wasn't really groomed too much for leadership as it's only been 10 years (roughly) since ALL the tauren tribes were united... he's still learning in very difficult circumstances.

Nor would houses or Baine growing a spine as you put it, change their position one iota. Garrosh has a larger standing force and more military capability than the Tauren could ever hope to muster alone....

1. Because they get your people killed when set on fire.

2. Actually it does. If the pulley, one of the simplest machines ever, is the sum total of tauren engineering, then they're not going to last much longer even with the rest of the Horde holding their hands.

3. Who said anything out of stone? And huge is default because they're tall, it makes no sense having tents that are so small they can barely stand in them. Plus, there are ways to make large structures that are in harmony with nature, people scream about adobe for the orcs all the time, and look at Nagrands Mag'har architecture.

4. Cairne was a hundred and freaking FOUR. If he hasn't taken the time to groom his heir then at the very least Baine should've learned something from MANAGING HIS OWN FREAKING VILLAGE for however long in Mulgore. Or y'know he should've done some learning after getting captured by Centaur, little self improvement would've been nice.

Or even some COMMON SENSE and sympathy for the people who lost their families to the grimtotem by doing something other than... LETTING THEM GO.

5. Who said anything about Garrosh? As it is the Tauren are a nonindustrial power that are losing their thematics to Druids and Paladins and they're not going to have any influence in the world and will eventually get pushed around if they don't make some changes. After Garrosh IS deposed what's going to happen? The tauren STILL won't have any say in things after awhile because they'll have no power.

It's been shown time and time again that simple agrarian societies get steamrolled n Azeroth by big industrial societies with more variety in magic.

Hell, how are they even going to feed a growing population on this nomadic nonsense much longer?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
11/13/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Noitora
Liadrin

No. Shove her off somewhere and put someone that hasn't gone evangelist in place.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/13/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Skytotem
Hell, how are they even going to feed a growing population on this nomadic nonsense much longer?

Ask for reciprocation/help from the Quilboar?

hahahahahaha
Edited by Bullcowsby on 11/13/2012 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/13/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Skytotem
Liadrin

No. Shove her off somewhere and put someone that hasn't gone evangelist in place.

: /

But but, she's a girl! With lore! And development!

Fine. You can get Vranesh. That guy needs to stop scowling and do something.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Am I the only one who wants a Sun-themed Paladin organization with both the Sunwalkers and Blood Knights?

I know the Blood Elves don't have a sun deity, but it's a part of their culture.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]