What should existing major characters do...

90 Human Warrior
11/13/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Noitora
Nobody could of thought that would happpen, you have to admit during Cata people didn't expect him to turn into a villain, not even I. So the blame is shared with Thrall and Garrosh weather you like it or not.

Except dude, EVERYONE, even Garrosh himself have told Thrall not to put him in power. Even Jaina wanted him to do something to get Garrosh out of power. He refused. Even the Night Elves have called Thrall out for putting Garrosh in power. This is his mess.

Garrosh didn't feel worthy were his words. Obviously now it wasn't a good idea but he didn't have a lot of options either. It's his mess partly but saying Garrosh isn't responsible for his actions is just asinine.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
11/13/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Noitora
even Garrosh himself

It's really tragic how true this is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/13/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Hallinton
Thrall is 100% completely and utterly to blame for this war

Even though his intent was not necessarily malicious, his negligence and stupidity still makes him partly responsible ((along with Garrosh)). For anyone that ever played the original Neverwinter Nights, a plague called the Wailing Death decimated the city's population to such an extent that it took several decades to fully recover from. It was being spread through "blessings" by fake Helmite priests led by a man named Desther. His biggest, and probably only supporter, a Tyrian priest Fenthick Moss, was later executed for collaboration and negligence. Though he was unaware of Desther's true nature, even when most people--his lover included--didn't trust him, the law didn't consider his ignorance an excuse.
Edited by Cælia on 11/13/2012 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Varian is doing a pretty good job... but when you saw my portrait, you knew I was going to talk about Malfurion and Tyrande.

Get them out of the story.

I don't believe that there's anything that really can or should be done for these two characters. They are both embodiments of everything that's wrong with the Night Elves, and given what we've seen so far, that's not about to change. Let them settle down somewhere, have them put down the mantle of leadership. They were yesterday's leaders. Let's bring in the next generation...

and make Patrick Stewart voice whoever leads it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Magni needs to stop being lazy and walk that diamond petrification off already.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Firstly, for all the leaders, I want them to have their development happen IN GAME. (Yes, I'm lazy and don't like spending money and time on books.)

Baine needs to grow a spine, or if not, show that he's very uneasy at trying to fill his father's shadow.

Vol'jin should complain that he'd be doing a lot of stuff if he wasn't busy surviving a neck wound.

Varian should at least order Anduin to have bodyguards when he goes traipsing all over Pandaria.

The dwarves should be showing a real effort to try to get Magni back.

Gallywix should send a letter saying he's afraid to show his face because his own goblins will try to kill him. Then have him be assassinated and Mida takes charge.

Greymane should complain that no one is paying attention to him anymore. Or that no one really ever was... Then keep repeating that anything he sees is better in Gilneas.

Geblin should retake Gnomergan. Seriously, just get it over with. The streamlined dungeon still confuses new people.

Lor'themar should at least go out and hit things if he doesn't want to be a politician. Rommath should form his own anti-Kirin Tor group. With blackjack, and... very lax safety regulations. (Fire mages periodically burning the place down.)

Lastly, (I think I got the others) Tyrande should give Malfurion an ultimatum: either back his own people against the Horde or get out of elven lands. Maybe have him leave the Cenarion Circle or just do undercover work with druids that want to fight in the war. Show some of the night elves' savagery.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
they should all work together to make a time machine that lets them undo the last two expantions and begin with a total peace/trade friendly world where we all kill trolls, old gods, ugly people, and demons.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/13/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Juibloc
ugly people

You mean orcs?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Varian is doing a pretty good job... but when you saw my portrait, you knew I was going to talk about Malfurion and Tyrande.

Get them out of the story.

I don't believe that there's anything that really can or should be done for these two characters. They are both embodiments of everything that's wrong with the Night Elves, and given what we've seen so far, that's not about to change. Let them settle down somewhere, have them put down the mantle of leadership. They were yesterday's leaders. Let's bring in the next generation...

and make Patrick Stewart voice whoever leads it.

Is he a castrato? If not, he has no place voicing the leader of a matriarchy.
I'm actually one of the few people who don't take issue with the Council of the Three Hammers, and would like to see it through as a segue to a republic or pseudo-republic. All monarchies all the time is getting a little old.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Lastly, (I think I got the others) Tyrande should give Malfurion an ultimatum: either back his own people against the Horde or get out of elven lands. Maybe have him leave the Cenarion Circle or just do undercover work with druids that want to fight in the war. Show some of the night elves' savagery.

I don't want to go wreck Tyrande and Malfurion's relationship. Just get them out of the story. Retire them, have them step aside. Let them go do something else or fade into obscurity.

I wouldn't try to redeem them though. It's a lost cause at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Genn Greymane being like his old WC2 self would be a good start. Feels redundant that they softened Genn up so much and then did the same thing to Varian, might as well have at least one king remain a prick... but a lovable prick.

11/13/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Kyalin
I don't want to go wreck Tyrande and Malfurion's relationship. Just get them out of the story. Retire them, have them step aside. Let them go do something else or fade into obscurity.

Hopefully Wolfheart has proven this to be a valid decision, they're really ancient and suffering from sicknesses as far as I know.

Hell it could also explain Tyrande making a bad military decision, her senility is getting to her head.
Edited by Talrendas on 11/13/2012 10:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Let Genn be. Him being softened because of the Worgen curse and the damage to his people mentally would take a toll on him. I would think that would change his attitude. As for Varian I like him more, the fact is his anger was starting to get people in trouble in the Alliance and even affected his son.

That would make a man think "Perhaps I'm wrong." Really these characters changing because of events isn't a bad thing.

I have nothing to say on the Night Elves, I made my suggestions and at the risk of being infected by rabid Night Elves I will say no more.
Edited by Lorthuron on 11/13/2012 10:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/13/2012 10:54 PMPosted by Lorthuron
Let Genn be.

You know, I'm pretty much just fine with someone like Darius or Ivar getting development instead. Maybe make Darius more important and probably set him up as a leader.

That's, at least, if Blizzard ever actually cared about developing the Worgen.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/13/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Talrendas
Let Genn be.

You know, I'm pretty much just fine with someone like Darius or Ivar getting development instead. Maybe make Darius more important and probably set him up as a leader.

That's, at least, if Blizzard ever actually cared about developing the Worgen.

Darius over Ivar. Ivar is a loose cannon. But yeah the new races need development. All the new races.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/13/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Lorthuron
Darius over Ivar. Ivar is a loose cannon. But yeah the new races need development. All the new races.

All the new Alliance races, you mean. Horde races are getting so much good development right now. Blood Elves have a purpose and a goal, so do Trolls, Goblins have tons of presence leftover from Cataclysm and are a use to their faction. I'd argue Tauren are the only race that feels unimportant.

5.1 only has one Worgen NPC, and she sounds exactly like a Night Elf with her comments about how bad the Horde are when it comes to destroying the forest. Having Draenei Vindicators is a good touch and I like that, but I think the Draenei really need some new characters who aren't Velen. My vote goes to Maraad and their Paladin order.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
WTB more Akama. I don't care if he's full-on Alliance or Neutral. He's the only character introduced in the main TFT campaign that isn't a lunatic, dead or a tool.

Rexxar, Deadeye, and co. need to do something. Have Thrall ask Rexxar to come back because Orgrimmar is in peril or something. Rexxar DID pledge to defend Org as it's champion if the time came, after all. Deadeye (Jorn, I think?) is the leader of the Bleeding Hollow Clan and he just sits in his Nagrand time bubble complaining about Garrosh being a big baby.

Giving more development to the Death Knights would be awesome. Thassarian needs to go on a Pandaland Safari with his sister ala Chen and Li-Li.

Archmage Vargoth should replace Aethas in the Council of Six in Dalaran.

Sabellian should go hang out with Wrathion, make sure he doesn't do anything crazy.

Anduin needs to realize he can't just go traipsing across the countryside whenever he feels like it. He has a duty to the throne of SW to not get shanked by Horde ninjas or evil worshiping insectiods. He seems to walk around in a daze, as if the 'real' world is just a figment of his imagination that can't hurt him.

Muradin (and the rest of the council) need to have some development. Magni should either be confirmed totally dead, or somebody should try something radical to break the diamond curse.

The entire Draenei and Worgen races need to do something outside of their starting zones. North Kalimdor seems to be where the Alliance rejects are sent to do Night Elf quests.

Cenarius shouldn't be turning a blind eye to the monstrous (to a druid) crimes the Horde is commiting in Ashenvale. Then again, maybe he heard the son of Hellscream is in charge and doesn't want to get axed again, who knows.

That's all I can think of for the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I want to see Genn drag Crowley back out to Gilneas to start bashing forsaken around. This time though leave his daughter in SW so he doesn't go running off again. Oh, and give Genn a new model. He looks like a servant standing next to Wrynn like that.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
Tyrande needs her "Hush, Malfurion" moment.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
11/14/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Saitharis
WTB more Akama. I don't care if he's full-on Alliance or Neutral. He's the only character introduced in the main TFT campaign that isn't a lunatic, dead or a tool.

You'll regret that when he shows up and is a moron. ;)

The entire Draenei and Worgen races need to do something outside of their starting zones. North Kalimdor seems to be where the Alliance rejects are sent to do Night Elf quests.

Cenarius shouldn't be turning a blind eye to the monstrous (to a druid) crimes the Horde is commiting in Ashenvale. Then again, maybe he heard the son of Hellscream is in charge and doesn't want to get axed again, who knows.

That's all I can think of for the moment.

What Blizz needs to do, IMO, not that I'm biased, is drastically ramp up character response time. More specifically Alliance response time.

Characters in this game seem painfully, horrifically oblivious to the actual facts of the world. Especially if they're Alliance. And yes, I do think it's because Blizz has a Horde bias in that they write from the Horde POV and then shoehorn in some Alliance stuff in there.

Lose Southshore? Huh, when'd we have a place up there. Blow up Dalaran? Well maybe they're not too bad still right? Hey, didn't we have people in Andorhal again?

That's one reason why I'm not particularly chuffed about the Sunreavers getting booted out of Dalaran. I don't care if it's wrong, right or a violation of human rights. What I like is that the Alliance actually noticed something happened. Jaina finally realized the Horde just smashed her in the face. Aleeria actually acted like someone killed her husband. Wow! Imagine that! I can believe that a grieving widow and a damaged idealist did something reckless and possibly wrong. I can't believe those two would do nothing.

Right now Blizzard is doing, IMO again, a very bad job of maintaining the world outside of their plotline. The Horde actions happen at a reasonable rate, because that's their plot, and the rest of the world just sort of sits frozen in stasis. They need to start devoting time just to making sure that the rest of world actually changes. Just taking time to think about what other people see. Not just their pet leaders or characters.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/14/2012 05:23 AMPosted by Ethenil
Tyrande needs her "Hush, Malfurion" moment.

I thought that was in WC3?

Baine discovers that he is Magatha love child with Cairne and is forced to revaulate his beielifs.
Realising his father wasn't perfect. He stop trying emulate like a photo copy robot and grows a pair. ( Magatha love child is just for the lolz,)

I want to Baine be something other then Cairne 2.0
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]