What should existing major characters do...

90 Night Elf Druid
Baine discovers that he is Magatha love child with Cairne and is forced to revaulate his beielifs.
Realising his father wasn't perfect. He stop trying emulate like a photo copy robot and grows a pair. ( Magatha love child is just for the lolz,)

Or we could just have him grow a pair without M. Night Shyamaladingdonging the story.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/14/2012 05:40 AMPosted by Talrendas
Or we could just have him grow a pair without M. Night Shyamaladingdonging the story.

Umm, nevemind.

Suffic it to say, the point is not worth debating.
Edited by Chorrol on 11/14/2012 5:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/14/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Saitharis
Giving more development to the Death Knights would be awesome. Thassarian needs to go on a Pandaland Safari with his sister ala Chen and Li-Li.

Thassarian would be lucky just to have the writers remember who he is or what he's doing.

In the Borean Tundra: "Do not worry, Leryssa. I will come back to you when I'm done. Nothing in the world will stop me from coming home to the only family that I have left."

Later, in Andorhal: "With the death of the Lich King, all I have left is my duty. There is no family, there are no friends... there is only this. War."

What, wait? Did she die?

Once Andorhal is lost: "I'm going west, into Tirisfal. My battle's not over yet. I've got an appointment with that harpy that calls herself a Banshee Queen... and I'm finding out what she did to Koltira."

... and then he shows up in Mount Hyjal. Did he forget where Tirisfal is? Did he get lost on the way there?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I wonder how cool of a story it would be if Tyrande and Malfurion either died or retired, and then Broll Bearmantle and Shandris took their place as important characters.

At the very least I'd like to see more story for these characters personally. Broll Bearmantle becoming a more war sympathetic character, allying with Varian, and possibly recruiting Druids who have grown more interested in the faction war after their spiel with Ragnaros has come and gone.

Shandris could follow suit in this matter as well.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
No need for Malfurion or Tyrande to die or retire, just give Shandris more face time doing what she does best, leading troops in the field. Give her an independent command in Pandaria where she can show her chops. It's a big continent with room for more than one Alliance action at a time, Varian can't do everything.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/14/2012 06:28 AMPosted by Egrem
Giving more development to the Death Knights would be awesome. Thassarian needs to go on a Pandaland Safari with his sister ala Chen and Li-Li.

Thassarian would be lucky just to have the writers remember who he is or what he's doing.

In the Borean Tundra: "Do not worry, Leryssa. I will come back to you when I'm done. Nothing in the world will stop me from coming home to the only family that I have left."

Later, in Andorhal: "With the death of the Lich King, all I have left is my duty. There is no family, there are no friends... there is only this. War."

What, wait? Did she die?

Once Andorhal is lost: "I'm going west, into Tirisfal. My battle's not over yet. I've got an appointment with that harpy that calls herself a Banshee Queen... and I'm finding out what she did to Koltira."

... and then he shows up in Mount Hyjal. Did he forget where Tirisfal is? Did he get lost on the way there?

Maybe his brain is rotting? :P

This seems to happen to alot of characters. They start moving in one direction, then magically appear somewhere else, with no mention of what happened inbetween. Archmage Vargoth for example. Last we knew he was sitting in his tower in Netherstorm, still pretending he is locked up. He claimed he would help you take down Kael'thas when the time came, but he never showed up in TK. Enter WoTLK. All of a sudden he's in Dalaran chilling in a cozy apartment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/14/2012 07:04 AMPosted by Deerde
No need for Malfurion or Tyrande to die or retire, just give Shandris more face time doing what she does best, leading troops in the field. Give her an independent command in Pandaria where she can show her chops. It's a big continent with room for more than one Alliance action at a time, Varian can't do everything.

You'll invoke the wrath of the Night elf fans.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Eh, I'll admit killing off the most historic leading Night Elf characters would be a bad move maybe. I think Tyrande and Malfurion have gotten enough development simply, that their "students" could use more development.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
It's a big continent with room for more than one Alliance action at a time, Varian can't do everything.

Lol. Don't underestimate Blizz
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/14/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Ondor
It's a big continent with room for more than one Alliance action at a time, Varian can't do everything.

Don't overestimate them.

Again Tal don't invoke the Night Fan's wrath. ;)
Reply Quote
Anduin - Needs to learn how to stop being so god-darned naive. Yes, peace is the ultimate goal, we still have many battles to fight before we get there. Hopefully Garrosh knocked some sense into his head.

Velen - If the Alliance was some kind of group project for school, Velen would be the guy who contributes nothing to the final product. Seriously dude, if you said you want to keep living on Azeroth, at least start acting like Azeroth is at stake. Contribute.

Malfurion - Shut up.

Varian - Share some of your superpowers with the other guys huh? Stop trying to do everything.

Genn - What are you doing? You said you were going to try and reclaim Gilneas, but you haven't even started yet. Your people are homeless and scattered. You had such confidence when you told Terenas to screw off when you left the Alliance, what happened to it?

Mekkatorque - Reclaim Gnomeregan and get start building that Mecha-Deathwing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

Don't overestimate them.

Again Tal don't invoke the Night Fan's wrath. ;)

I rarely invoke ire on anyone. I tend to more muse sarcastically. Anyways I'm totally for
Varian
<High King of the Alliance and Emperor of Pandaria>; it means Anduin can go wherever he pleases without having the player to chase after him.

Admittedly, night elves are one thing does occasionally get me worked up. That and Anduin. He needs to get himself a girl (or guy) to keep him occupied so his dad doesn't send us half way around the freaking planet to go retrieve him. Like a dog and a ball. Except this ball is naive, stubborn and doesn't listen.

11/14/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Arbiter
Mekkatorque - Reclaim Gnomeregan and get start building that Mecha-Deathwing.

This would be the best plot line EVER.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
They should be killed off. All of them.

Because Tyrande screwed something up that resulted in the world ending.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
They should be killed off. All of them.

Because Tyrande screwed something up that resulted in the world ending.

Better yet, Tyrande screwed something up that resulted in saving the world.

How's that for a slap in da face.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
11/14/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Lorthuron

You'll invoke the wrath of the Night elf fans.

Only because Blizzard would inevitably screw up Shandris somehow. Give a new commander this position, and see how it goes, but I categorically oppose suggestions for Shandris to do anything due to Blizzard's track record.

... and no amount of ridicule in the place of argument is going to change that track record. Therefore, if we are to develop a trendline to determine the probable outcome, we can say on a more likely than not standard, that any new lore for Shandris would make the character worse.
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
I've put a lot of thought into this since reading the leader short stories.

1) Garrosh needs to do some SERIOUS PR work just amongst the Horde. I'm not saying stop the war, but reach out to make amends with the racial leaders.

2) Gallywix should probably just be IN the game somewhere. Or get assassinated so someone else can take his place (Boss Mida! Here here!)

3) Lor'themar needs to grow a pair. I mean, I know he's in a tough position but he needs to start making the most of his position in the Horde, working with the Horde diplomatically to help his own people instead of being bullied by Sylvanas and trying to beg forgiveness from the High Elves to get out of it. I mean, for serious, the Blood Elf mages all have portals to Orgrimmar. It is not hard to get the other leaders of the Horde to work WITH him.

4) Sylvanas..... is crazy. I don't know how to "fix" her, but I think it's possible she may just need to be killed off.

5) Baine is busy living under his father's shadow and probably conflicted by his friendship with Anduin and the war with the Alliance. He needs to figure out what he wants to do -- pacifism is not an option any longer.

6) Vol'jin has to decide the Horde is worth still contributing to. I don't know what will lead to this realization, but once he realizes Garrosh is NOT the Horde even though he's the Warchief and recommits himself wholly to the Horde, I think he'll improve a lot.

7) Varian's growing as a father, and I think he's actually one of the best handled characters at the moment. I see him as taking the lessons he's learned as a father and applying them to his leadership of Stormwind.

8) Genn Greymane needs to do SOMETHING. He should be helping reclaim Gilneas, I think.

9) Gelbin Mekkatorque has, as far as I can tell from the short story, finally reclaimed Gnomer. So now he needs to be recommiting to the Alliance. I mean, part of the idea of reclaiming Gnomer was to have access of all those brilliant inventions again, right? So let's see them.

10) We know from the short story why Velen and the Draenei were distanced from the rest of the Alliance. Now that Anduin has sort of awakened Velen to his responsibilities, let's see him *actively* preparing for this Army of Light he's so obsessed with.

11) Tyrande was SOOOOO BAMF in Warcraft III. And since then, she has not been at all. I want to see Tyrande take an active leadership role, I want to see the heroic Tyrande not the "I'm waiting for Malfurion" Tyrande.
Speaking of Malfurion.... can he go back to sleep yet? I just find him dull. Maybe it's just me.

13) The Council of Three Hammers just needs to find a way to restore Magni. I miss him and the only interest I have in the Council is to see how much in-fighting they do. After the whole thing with Moira, they seem to be getting along too well and not only do I find that unrealistic, it's also really dull.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
Malfurion needs to be thrown in a prison deep underground like his brother, because unlike his brother he's actually a horrible person who's committed horrible sins.

Thrall can gain respect back by dying an Orc's death. Leading the charge against Garrosh only to be cut down by the true warchief of the horde.

Genn, The Three Hammers, Lor'themar and Baine need to actually do something. We've got one down for 5.1, so that's a start.

Gallywix needs to at least exist.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Don't kill Thrall off...christ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/15/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Crayauchtin
11) Tyrande was SOOOOO BAMF in Warcraft III. And since then, she has not been at all. I want to see Tyrande take an active leadership role, I want to see the heroic Tyrande not the "I'm waiting for Malfurion" Tyrande.

Tyrande's too worried about tripping on her heels and getting her dress dirty. She looks like she was ripped out of Final Fantasy now, and that's not a compliment...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]