Prot Paladin Threat Needs Help

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tough question.

I'll give it a try though, but bear in mind it's just a wild shot in the dark.

here goes.

The other tank.

The other tank should stop having ego problems and start caring more about the success of the raid than "I wanna tank it!"

The first tank to get to the trash is going to have the vengeance and the threat. Trying to get "your share" is going to cause more problems than it solves. It splits healer attention and (potentially) screws up positioning.

The other tank needs to grow up.

You again? How do you post so much and still not be able to read?

Go back, go through the thread, try again. We'll wait.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock

Yeah, my tongue-in-cheek statement whizzed right over your head.

So, listen up: When I say "other tank", I'm referring to you.

You are the tank who feels butthurt because you're not "getting your turn". You are the tank who feels it's unfair when the monk is holding as much as he can. By trying to change this around, you are going to split healer attention and screw up positioning (exceptions for specific trash packs that actually DO hit hard enough to justify multitanking or have mechanics that must be staggered, of course)

In other words, YOU need to "grow up". Your job is to help the raid succeed. If you are doing anything at all for egotistical purposes, you are actively working against that.

If it's that much of an issue, you need to coordinate it with your co-tank. If you fail to, that is your own damn fault and no one else's.
Edited by Rijdot on 11/16/2012 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Yeah, my tongue-in-cheek statement whizzed right over your head.

So, listen up: When I say "other tank", I'm referring to you.

You are the tank who feels butthurt because you're not "getting your turn". You are the tank who feels it's unfair when the monk is holding as much as he can. By trying to change this around, you are going to split healer attention and screw up positioning (exceptions for specific trash packs that actually DO hit hard enough to justify multitanking or have mechanics that must be staggered, of course)

In other words, YOU need to "grow up". Your job is to help the raid succeed. If you are doing anything at all for egotistical purposes, you are actively working against that.

And when I say YOU need to learn to read I mean YOU clearly didn't fathom the little characters that we like to think of us "words" as they flashed before your eyes.

Someone asked a question. There were a couple of post about how it doesn't exist. I pointed out that it does. Gave examples.

Ironically at this point you pointed out that the monk should be replaced...possibly this was your evil twin...or good twin? Do you share a brain at once or take turns?

I also said:

The monk COULD throttle a little to help make you feel better, but that's a bit patronizing. It's also not needed. Most packs like that can be solo tanked.

The only downside is the pally ego, and the fact that it makes trash not fun (last raid I just went for a smoke during trash... I don't think the monk even noticed).

But it's not your imagination. You SHOULD bring your hit and exp as close to cap as you can. Helps our active mitigation. Plus more initial threat is more initial threat. It's never a BAD thing. But right now, for those who don't roll a pally/monk tank combo, yes initial grab is a bit lopsided.

it's annoying. I did say it wasn't game breaking.

Nope. Not a big deal. I will repeat (again...for the slow...named Rijdot) that I consider it wasteful to use abilities and cds on trash just to make the pally feel better. But, the OP asked a question. The correct answer is: no, not your imagination. Initial grab IS lopsided.

Not sure why even NOTICING this get's Rij's all exited, but for some reason it does, so let's not bring it up again OK?
Edited by Jaxzer on 11/16/2012 2:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
My, my, someone decided to take off their pants before sitting in the sandbox today.

And somehow you didn't understand that my post was a generalization with a tongue-in-cheek reference to your post.

Let's look at this very closely and carefully. Let's look at the post in question. We can get into your PMS-induced rageathon in a moment.

1. Who cares about trash threat as long as a tank has it?

Tough question.

here goes.

The other tank.

Now why would this be? Why would you make such a statement when you were clearly dismissing the initial grab, according to your most recent post? Your post here would indicate that you seem to think the other tank (I can only assume you're referencing whomever is NOT a monk) would be slighted by the fact that he/she isn't engaged in some activity.

Sarcasm aside, you flatly state that tank B cares if tank A has control of the trash. Am I mistaken here? Because this looks pretty cut-and-dry to me.

You mention the OP was looking at a specific situation in regards to his monk co-tank stealing threat at the start of a pull. That's been addressed. But by this point in the conversation, we're no longer talking about that, are we? The moment Fang made that statement, it became a generalization; he is speaking about tanks vying for threat in general.

I know it's hard to grasp, but I have faith in you. I'll go slowly here, because you seem to have trouble with specific concepts: Conversations in a topic flow and change direction. When I responded to this specific post, I wasn't responding to the topic in general.

I was responding to your specific post. My post was a generalization, but it was a specific response.

Don't make a post unless you can handle a response to it. Clearly, you cannot handle it.
Edited by Rijdot on 11/16/2012 3:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Now why would this be? Why would you make such a statement when you were clearly dismissing the initial grab, according to your most recent post? Your post here would indicate that you seem to think the other tank (I can only assume you're referencing whomever is NOT a monk) would be slighted by the fact that he/she isn't engaged in some activity.

Sarcasm aside, you flatly state that tank B cares if tank A has control of the trash. Am I mistaken here? Because this looks pretty cut-and-dry to me.

Now I'll go slowly here, because you seem to have trouble with specific concepts: Conversations in a topic flow and change direction. When I responded to this specific post, I wasn't responding to the topic in general.

And yet the post was a response...see there was a conversation taking place. I'd link it, except that it's already on this page.

Now...I will go slow, since the third try didn't seem to work (for reasons beyond understanding).

do I care? Sure. It's annoying. See that's what I meant when I said before "it's annoying."

To parse it even further, just for clarity...it's refers to it=the topic at hand. initial grab. Annoying refers to an annoyance. Less than geeful.

Am I going to DO anything about it? I've been pretty clear about that. I've been pretty clear that I think it would be childish to do so.

so when you posted:
By trying to change this around, you are going to split healer attention and screw up positioning (exceptions for specific trash packs that actually DO hit hard enough to justify multitanking or have mechanics that must be staggered, of course)

then YOU clearly had either not read or didn't understand what i had already written.

That's OK though. I'm familiar enough with your posts by now to understand the need to repeat things that a 5 year old would understand on the first try.

Still...four tries now...thats pushing it even for you. I recommend calming down. Go outside. Think for a minute. Then reread it. Perhaps then it will be more clear.

Don't make a post unless you can handle a response to it. Clearly, you cannot handle it.

First, take your own advice.

Second, making you look stupid? I can do this all day. Well, at least until the pizza I ordered arrives. Say...another 20 minutes.

Although I will run out of ways to reword it. At some point it just can't be dumbed down any further and you either understand it or you don't.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
do I care? Sure. It's annoying. See that's what I meant when I said before "it's annoying."

Made that clear enough. And my response is that you shouldn't. You SHOULD grow up.

To parse it even further, just for clarity...it's refers to it=the topic at hand. initial grab.

The moment Fang made that statement into a generalization, the conversation topic shifted from the OP's problem with his co-tank to tanks vying for threat on trash in general.

See, flow. This is what I'm addressing. Kind of like how the topic in this post is how you're so obscenely off the original topic.

Am I going to DO anything about it? I've been pretty clear about that. I've been pretty clear that I think it would be childish to do so.

We're in agreement on that then. The problem is, without fleshing out your post (the one in response to Fangthane, to be clear), you imply that you do care enough to take action.

so when you posted:
/snip
then YOU clearly had either not read or didn't understand what i had already written.

You're still unclear on the fact that topics flow and change as the conversation does.

That's OK though. I'm familiar enough with your posts by now to understand the need to repeat things that a 5 year old would understand on the first try.

It sure is sandy in here.

Still...four tries now...thats pushing it even for you. I recommend calming down. Go outside. Think for a minute. Then reread it. Perhaps then it will be more clear.

Waiting on you to actually say something of worth, here.

Second, making you look stupid? I can do this all day. Well, at least until the pizza I ordered arrives. Say...another 20 minutes.

Although I will run out of ways to reword it. At some point it just can't be dumbed down any further and you either understand it or you don't.

My, aren't our jimmies flummoxed?

Or whatever the hell phrase that is.

Go slowly. I have faith in you. You can get this concept. I know you can.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/16/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Rijdot

Made that clear enough. And my response is that you shouldn't. You SHOULD grow up.

To parse it even further, just for clarity...it's refers to it=the topic at hand. initial grab.

The moment Fang made that statement into a generalization, the conversation topic shifted from the OP's problem with his co-tank to tanks vying for threat on trash in general.

See, flow. This is what I'm addressing. Kind of like how the topic in this post is how you're so obscenely off the original topic.

We're in agreement on that then. The problem is, without fleshing out your post (the one in response to Fangthane, to be clear), you imply that you do care enough to take action.

so when you posted:
/snip

You're still unclear on the fact that topics flow and change as the conversation does.

It sure is sandy in here.

Waiting on you to actually say something of worth, here.

My, aren't our jimmies flummoxed?

Or whatever the hell phrase that is.

Go slowly. I have faith in you. You can get this concept. I know you can.

Swing and a miss. Sorry, kid. But..it is cute when you try...in a...watching-the-fat-kid-drop-his-ice-cream kind of way.

Gonna let that end it. Just wanted to quote your last post to save it as is.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
*noms on his popcorn, kicking his feet up with a cold one.*
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
This topic sure went from "someone help me get up my threat" to "mine is bigger than yours" pretty fast.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/16/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Jamina
This topic sure went from "someone help me get up my threat" to "mine is bigger than yours" pretty fast.

It's funny that you got that so much faster than he did.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

It's funny that you got that so much faster than he did.

Actually...I was going to let it go. I even SAID I was letting it go.

I'll quote it so it's still part of your "flow" (/snicker again at that)

The reason I didn't give was because it was really feeling like kicking a paraplegic. No sport it in.

On the other hand...the paraplegic actually ASKS for more? What the hell...more it is! Pizza isn't here yet.

It's funny that you got that so much faster than he did

After all this...apparently you STILL haven't learned to read?

Seriously?
Edited by Jaxzer on 11/16/2012 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
to help

http://www.time4learning.com/readingpyramid/comprehension.htm
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
At some point reading through that, you'll understand we haven't been addressing the OP's problem for nearly a full page and have been discussing tanks vying for threat in general and your annoyance at doing so being immaturity.

Something you've affirmed several times, in fact.

But please, continue with the insult slinging. It's not like it's confirming my statements about your maturity level or anything.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I love it when people want to end an exchange of insults by firing off a salvo of insults. It really makes me believe your sincerity at wanting to end it.

*eats more popcorn*

Stay classy.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
I love it when people want to end an exchange of insults by firing off a salvo of insults. It really makes me believe your sincerity at wanting to end it.

*eats more popcorn*

Stay classy.

Actually, I think I asked him to continue.

edit: Nevermind, reread it. I derped a herp.
Edited by Rijdot on 11/16/2012 3:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
At some point reading through that, you'll understand we haven't been addressing the OP's problem for nearly a full page and have been discussing tanks vying for threat in general and your annoyance at doing so being immaturity.

Something you've affirmed several times, in fact.

But please, continue with the insult slinging. It's not like it's confirming my statements about your maturity level or anything.

you're kidding me right? I'm not going to quote it again. Four is my limit. I did address this.

I'll end where it started: Read. What. Was. Written.

and by saying (since if it's not mentioned specifically in THIS post it apparently wont be part of the 'flow' and you'll miss it). I'm done reiterating it. I've said repeatedly that that doing something would be immature. Not going to repeat it again. If anyone cares, they can do what you failed to do and read the thread.

As for insult slinging, yes I insulted you. Not ashamed of that, it was deserved. I'm not sorry either. You insulted me. Apparently your inability to read extends to even your OWN posts, which sort of baffles the imagination.

Now, pizza is arriving. Say your last little halfhearted weak !@# stupid thing so you can pat yourself on the head for getting the last post and I can leave this inane thread.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
Read. What. Was. Written.

The post in question, since Fang was making a generalization (as has been pointed out several times):

11/16/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Rijdot

Tough question.

here goes.

The other tank.

The post carries with it an outright declaration that the other tank would care, and an implication that the other tank would either do something about it or sulk. In either case, he needs to - as stated - grow up.

You seem to be good at the sulking part.

11/16/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Jaxzer
I've said repeatedly that that doing something would be immature.

Precisely. However, if you haven't matured to the point where such a thing no longer bothers you, you need to grow up. As I said, you're very good at sulking.

You can be immature without actually taking action. Have you heard of pouting? It's not the most mature thing in the world. It also leads to resentment, distraction and poor decision making.

It leads to problems with the raid (or raiders, whether the other tank, raid lead or whoever does the tanking designations). It leads to issues.

Your behavior in this thread leads me to believe, quite strongly in fact, that you're not the best at handling situations that don't favor you.

In other words, you need to (you guessed it):

Grow.

Up.

Now go have your hissy fit while spamming F5, which we all know you're doing.
Edited by Rijdot on 11/16/2012 3:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Tough question.

here goes.

The other tank.

Yes you on your 87 rogue obviously have extensive experience in tanking raid trash, and therefore know how important it is that 2 tanks share equal mobs in trash.

IF said tank needs to have TRASH threat, then tell the other tank to back off a bit. But if anyone that raids seriously asked that question, I too would enjoy the lulz that would follow it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Tough question.

here goes.

The other tank.

Yes you on your 87 rogue obviously have extensive experience in tanking raid trash, and therefore know how important it is that 2 tanks share equal mobs in trash.

IF said tank needs to have TRASH threat, then tell the other tank to back off a bit. But if anyone that raids seriously asked that question, I too would enjoy the lulz that would follow it.

:D
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/16/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Alyxz
:D

11/16/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Rijdot
Now go have your hissy fit while spamming F5, which we all know you're doing.

Look at that.

calledit.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]