Sheesh Ravenholdt...

85 Dwarf Shaman
So I left WoW entirely for the last 1.5 years or so, and just came back. Not sure why. But anyway, I read that WoW had lost a lot of players but was astounded to see how low the population is now on Ravenholdt. When I used to play and would do the 'who' search on the chat window looking for players from certain classes whom I couldn't quite remember their names....there would always be 49+ players showing for every class. (49 is the max it will show so you know there were plenty more than that). But now, feeling how dead it was I have done it the last 2 days during peak hours (7pm server time) just to check the numbers : average per class is about 25 players more or less for Alliance, and about 10 more per class for Horde side. Man, what a difference. : ( Ghost town.
Edited by Wildjak on 11/15/2012 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 came out this week, Halo 4 came out last week, maybe they are on a short break?
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Hunter
Quality > Quantity
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Monk
USA Thanksgiving next week. Expect a drop in people as well as many gets dragged away to family holiday at grandma's house that has no internet or cell phone access for 25 miles around.
Reply Quote
I know that there are a good number of people who have moved on, but I agree with previous posts. Ravenholdt still has some quality players and it's that part of the community that keeps me here.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
I blame the people who are still here.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/16/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Halldór
I blame the people who are still here.

I blame you, Santa Halldor. You gave terrible presents last year.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
I gave wonderful presents, even some epics. I just gave warlocks coal.
Reply Quote
I'm on vacation, probably until around the time 5.1 comes out or until I get bored with the games I'm occupying myself with.

I barely survived the 85-90 grind a second time and am not in the mood to do the gear grind a second time as well.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Warlock
Hello guys, I am new to the server. Is it really that dead? I am looking for some rp and a decent guild. Tired of the bs and elitests on Moonguard and Wyrmrest Accord. I just want to have some fun rp and explore the pvp aspect of it.

This could be a great opportunity to revitalize the rp/pvp scene. I had an idea for a guild. But not sure if I would be copying someone elses idea. I am ok with joining an established guild with the same idea.

A non cultist group of assassins. With the ability to do hits on both Alliance and Horde. Kind of a Dark Brotherhood. Anything like that?
Reply Quote
Hello guys, I am new to the server. Is it really that dead? I am looking for some rp and a decent guild. Tired of the bs and elitests on Moonguard and Wyrmrest Accord. I just want to have some fun rp and explore the pvp aspect of it.

This could be a great opportunity to revitalize the rp/pvp scene. I had an idea for a guild. But not sure if I would be copying someone elses idea. I am ok with joining an established guild with the same idea.

A non cultist group of assassins. With the ability to do hits on both Alliance and Horde. Kind of a Dark Brotherhood. Anything like that?

Welcome to Ravenholdt =)

While we're not a 'dead' server, neither are we an extremely active one. We have a smaller community, but the size allows us to be close-knit, which is fine with me! Ravenholdt tends to be a server where you start recognizing names and players, so it's a great place to call home since you know your neighbors.

I think that you'll find we're a very welcoming community, especially if you want to roleplay and get to know us! A lot of the RP on Ravenholdt is guild-centric, but I know that several guilds are currently working on expanding that. Both Horde and Alliance have collectives of roleplayers that working to integrate better with one another. We also have an RP website for the server know as the Ravenholdt Sanctum (ravenholdt.us), which allows us to collaborate cross-faction and build up the RP community. We would love to have you and your ideas there!

As far as I know of, we do not have the type of guild you proposed currently on Ravenholdt. There have been some who have tried a guild like that but it can be difficult to coordinate a cross-faction guild like that if you don't have the time to put the effort into building your guild, and your reputation, on the server. If this is something that you really feel like pursuing, we'd love to know how we can support you. The Sanctum (or these Realm Forums) could provide you with some feedback. I recently made a thread as a Guildmaster resource, so please glance at that and let me know if you have any input or questions that might help you in making this kind of guild.

As for some questions to think about: How would the guild function? Would both Horde and Alliance consider themselves a part of a third organization and thus not attack one another? How would you carry out "hits"? How would people contact you? Are you going to limit your guild to certain classes/races?

Again, we love seeing new roleplayers and we hope we can help you get comfortable on Ravenholdt!
Edited by Aerana on 11/17/2012 5:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Since you are an Elf I suggest the guild Nightgloom Hollow for you Zarnneir. I suggest them a lot, because the members I have role played with have all been terrific. Not sure what their 'official' story is, but it must be pretty neat to have so many great role players in their guild.

-Or you could always start your own guild :)

**Edited for I forgot to say "WELCOME BACK" to Wildjak!
Less players, maybe. But the game has gotten more fun since you left. So it is an even trade.
I hope you are enjoying yourself in the New WoW!
Edited by Jenasis on 11/17/2012 6:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Am I the only one who doesn't think RH is that bad?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
11/18/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Scahrossar
Am I the only one who doesn't think RH is that bad?

It's easy to feel nostalgic after a WoW break. I know I was. I came back after about a year, and found that while some things had stayed the same, other things were wildly different -- and not necessarily in ways I liked.

But yes, the server is different than it was. And 'different' may be uncomfortable no matter what the changes are. I think though you're not alone in your belief that RH is okay.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30lGrarz3MQ

EDIT: Speaking of movies, has anyone here seen Skyfall yet? Planning on this Tuesday, myself.
Edited by Draxonicar on 11/18/2012 3:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I agree with you there Oolaki. I've been on this server since it was just a baby....Perhaps that is just me holding on to nostalgia:P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Bah it's all the same... except you know everything. Leveling is to easy, dungeons are to easy, heroics are to easy. I've seen a many folk come and go in the years I've wasted on WoW. Seen the game evolve, and then devolve, and then just get stupid.

But I say to ye friend who is returning. While many have gone, other have been banned, and some are playing halo, those of us left. The ones who stay on even though the game has gone retarded. We're still good people, and if you stick around you might make a few new friends and alot of good memories that making wasting time seem like less of a waste.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
That was beautiful Redrik.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]