How are some tamers this selfish

90 Blood Elf Priest
Anything pet you think is important enough not lose - get it on a PvE server. Don't waste your time with the PvP crowd.

Had a Paladin try that with me when I was trying to catch a Rare Twilight Spider, and he killed the spider.

Then I killed him because he made me angry - not about the PvP stuff because I really don't care about PvP, but when he killed the Rare Twilight Spider...

Don't make me angry.

You won't like me when I'm angry.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/16/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Bocat
You won't like me when I'm angry.

but but.. you're so cuteee *pinches cheeks*
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
if it makes u feel any better i got ganked over and over by a dk out there whilst no pets spawned, then a couple days later got 2 rares in a row =p
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Hunter
11/16/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Selenora
I wish that it was easier to get out of the pet battle screen when you're attacked

I believe a blue post said they will be changing it to give you a few seconds of immunity when you are attacked in a pet battle.

11/16/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Aeolyn
As soon as I got my bearings straight and the pet respawned, I took aim and murdered it with Arcane Shot before they killed me.

I think that is a perfect response.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter

I believe a blue post said they will be changing it to give you a few seconds of immunity when you are attacked in a pet battle.

You wouldn't happen to have a link would you? If this is true then it's a good change. Esp for pet classes where we have to dismiss our pets so mobs don't aggro them and pull us out of a pet battle since for some stupid reason they don't phase with us.
Edited by Sesamee on 11/16/2012 3:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
My experience on Frostmourne was that the opposing faction would take any opportunity to gank you and grieve you. It's the nature of the server you play on. Glad i re-rolled pve server.
Reply Quote
This is why I decided to hunt my rares in the beginning before more people became interested in pet battles. Plus with CRZ I figured it would only become more impossible as time went on.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't think it's just the tamers. Just a few minutes ago, I was in the middle of a pet battle when a Horde DK attacked me. Even worse, after I died, he proceeded to kill every single Infinite Whelping (rare battle pet with long respawn timer) that I'd left alone for someone else to capture after inspecting and logging out for each, which totaled to SEVEN spawns. The pet collectors, Horde and Alliance alike, looking for them and sharing CRZ with Ner'zhul are going be sad pandas for a while, thanks to that jerk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
He engaged in pvp on a pvp realm. He did nothing wrong, really. Yes, it's frustrating at times but it's what you sign up for on a pvp realm. The ever present threat of getting ganked during pvp battles is frustrating at times but also fun. The sweetest wins are when people try to catch you off guard during a pet battle and you stomp their butt anyway! Sometimes they're even dumb enough to come back for more!

I'm sorry this happened to you but it's just part of the deal when you roll on a pvp realm. I've lost tons of pets due to ganking. Not a minfernal or whelpling but plenty anyway. It's the cost of doing business, if you will.

Just because it's permitted by Blizzard rules doesn't mean it wasn't an extremely douchey move.
But nothing you can do about it, except get to 90 and camp the crap out of him.
... cept he's a DK so you probably won't be able to beat him.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I look forward to the day that someone interupts my pet battles. They will be greeted by my sword.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't want to sound mean but you *are* on a pvp server so you have to expect this to happen. When I was looking for the rare's that were very annoying to get, minfernal, scourged whelpling, etc, I always went to a PvE realm. Either my own PvE realm or asked a friend to invite me to their CRZ that is PvE.

Goodluck! :/

Edit; I'd invite you to my battle tag but my main server is also PvP, haha.
Edited by Michaela on 12/6/2012 3:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't want to sound mean but you *are* on a pvp server so you have to expect this to happen. When I was looking for the rare's that were very annoying to get, minfernal, scourged whelpling, etc, I always went to a PvE realm. Either my own PvE realm or asked a friend to invite me to their CRZ that is PvE.

Goodluck! :/

Edit; I'd invite you to my battle tag but my main server is also PvP, haha.

I don't think you can add players from pvp servers party then have them xfer to pve servers. I managed to get a friend from KT to Garrosh for the DMR but then we couldn't see each other at the darkmoon rabbit spawn point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]