What frustrates me about the LFR loot system

100 Orc Warlock
Is that I dont know what "dropped"

So for instance, yesterday I did the sha, and won tier pants...well I already won tier pants the first week I did it...so I would NOT have wasted a roll by the old loot rules to roll on something I already had.

Last night in LFR, I won a 476 belt....well I already have a 489 belt so I would not have wasted a roll on said belt. Same thing happened with Bracers. Now I did finally win some boots in the first half of HoF that were a slight upgrade but still.

So if LFR is going to assign loot to me, I feel it should be something that is an upgrade or something I dont have.

The boss I won the belt off of has the 476 wand...and seeing as I have a 463 staff...I would have preferred the CHOICE to roll depending on what "dropped" I would not have rolled without a wand drop.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

I won 4 pieces of loot yesterday and I DEd 3 of them. A mage I ran with needed the belt and bracers that I won. Nothing could be done. So everyone I ran with was saying I was lucky...but I would have preferred those pieces went to someone that could use them.

Some of you may say FREE SHA CRYSTAL...and while my stock pile of those is growing, I dont really care about that.

I just want the ability to see what loot drops and decide whether I need it enough to waste a roll on it. Either that or assign us a piece we dont have.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I still remember the deaththreat I got for winning a tier helm when I had the 397 valor helm that sucked.

I loike this system more
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
11/15/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Kiting
Man, people are really not grasping the concept behind INDEPENDENT LOOT.

I understand independent loot. I just dont like that I am assigned a random piece.

Perhaps I worded what I was trying to say incorrectly. I keep winning the same stuff over and over again. It just seems to be wasted and it would be nice for the system to realize that I am wearing that piece it was going to give me...either move to next item in the loot table or maybe even allow me to put it up for roll in the raid.

11/15/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Mnemonic
Man, people are really not grasping the concept behind INDEPENDENT LOOT.

This game's playerbase is retarded unfortunately.

I apologize for wording my point incorrectly... but I think this response is a bit unnecessary.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
11/15/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Xagathon

Not at all, first off i would rather have a sha crystal then nothing at all, secondly I would far rather be given gear I don't need then be denied an upgrade because they system has decided its not. For example say a normal weapon vs a sha touched lfr weapon or H firelands (391) gear with 1 socket vs LFR ds gear(384) with 3 sockets
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
11/15/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Mate

Not at all, first off i would rather have a sha crystal then nothing at all, secondly I would far rather be given gear I don't need then be denied an upgrade because they system has decided its not. For example say a normal weapon vs a sha touched lfr weapon or H firelands (391) gear with 1 socket vs LFR ds gear(384) with 3 sockets

This is a very good point. So perhaps then just find a way to slow the duplicate loot. Perhaps if you are wearing the item it was going to distribute, instead it gives you something like a Xmog token that you can turn in for 1 piece of old tier

Whether you agree with my first point or not...it would be nice to have ONE more possibility besides loot or 28g which is usually 28g
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I still remember the deaththreat I got for winning a tier helm when I had the 397 valor helm that sucked.

I loike this system more

Agreed. I like this system too.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
why is sha using LFR rules anyway? loot pinata aside, i'd rather see drops like a normal/heroic raid.

Because Sha kills are groups of the same randoms you find in LFR?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
lol the ninjaing on world bosses would be amazing.

Especially Galleon
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/15/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Xagathon

This is a very good point. So perhaps then just find a way to slow the duplicate loot. Perhaps if you are wearing the item it was going to distribute, instead it gives you something like a Xmog token that you can turn in for 1 piece of old tier

Whether you agree with my first point or not...it would be nice to have ONE more possibility besides loot or 28g which is usually 28g

They're thinking about adding vanity items to the token rolls, I believe.

Anyway, you'll never be able to choose your drop or not get duplicates. The system is supposed to imitate the actual raiding loot system as much as possible, and it's commonplace to get duplicate or unneeded item drops there (example: Stone Guard has dropped Claws of Amethyst every single week so far).
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Monk

So for instance, yesterday I did the sha, and won tier pants...well I already won tier pants the first week I did it...so I would NOT have wasted a roll by the old loot rules to roll on something I already had.

Last night in LFR, I won a 476 belt....well I already have a 489 belt so I would not have wasted a roll on said belt. Same thing happened with Bracers. Now I did finally win some boots in the first half of HoF that were a slight upgrade but still.

So if LFR is going to assign loot to me, I feel it should be something that is an upgrade or something I dont have.

The boss I won the belt off of has the 476 wand...and seeing as I have a 463 staff...I would have preferred the CHOICE to roll depending on what "dropped" I would not have rolled without a wand drop.

I won 4 pieces of loot yesterday and I DEd 3 of them. A mage I ran with needed the belt and bracers that I won. Nothing could be done. So everyone I ran with was saying I was lucky...but I would have preferred those pieces went to someone that could use them.

Some of you may say FREE SHA CRYSTAL...and while my stock pile of those is growing, I dont really care about that.

I just want the ability to see what loot drops and decide whether I need it enough to waste a roll on it. Either that or assign us a piece we dont have.

You seem to fail lat understanding some basic concepts with the lfr loot system.
First and foremost is boss do NOT drop loot in lfr.
Boss dies and every single player gets a roll to see if their on a personal level win loot or not.
NO ONES else roll has ANY effect on other peoples chance at loot.
Once that is done then if you win a random piece of gear from that bosses non lfr loot table is given to the player (minus a few ilvl's).
It is entirely possible for every single dk and warrior to get a starshatter from the elegon.
That is some thing that was impossible with the old boss drops loot system.
It is also possible for all 25 players to win 2 pieces of gear ona single boss kill (use of coin rolls).
Now the odds of some thing like those 2 examples happening are like being struck by a lightning bolt during a earthquake. But it can still happen. Also some thing impossible with the old loot system.

That factor leads to the next concept you miss.
There is no such thing as a waste loot roll with this lfr system.
Previous rolls have zero effect on the outcome of your next roll.
Your roll has zero effect on anyone elses roll.
Win or lose receive upgrade or dupe it will have zero effect on your next roll.

I personally really like this current system!
Even over normal guild runs.
Shoulder token drops.. tanks get gear first.
Several weeks later of tanks getting theirs..
Ok sorry dps but healers come next...
Weeks later ok dps you all can roll for the shoulders..

I see people QQ about going weeks with out winning anything in lfr..
Well i can tell you i have gone months with zero loot in master loot guild runs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is what the game does

1. Invisible Roll
2. Did you roll over an 85 ?
3. If yes then randomly pick something from bosses loot table for your spec, if no then give gold.

There are no drops, the game just assigns you something random if you get over an 85 on the internal roll.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
You're not wasting charms. You're using them on a chance to win a random piece of loot from the boss's loot table. If you get an item you already had, it doesn't mean you wasted your charm. It just means the roll had an outcome other than the one you wanted.

If it bothers you that much, don't use the charms on bosses who can potentially drop items you don't want.
Reply Quote
23 Worgen Rogue

Think of it as winning a greed roll.

If it's Elder Tokens you're talking about, then that's just a chance at free loot. They're not going to tailor it to your spec.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior

why is sha using LFR rules anyway? loot pinata aside, i'd rather see drops like a normal/heroic raid.

Groups would try to run with the bare minimum they could get away with, to reduce loot competition. They didn't want people to avoid filling up the raid spots.

Also, given the extremely short respawn timer, it'd b easy for a raid to give personal loot kills to individual raiders. (well, doesn't have to be one at a time, just sets of people that don't compete with each other) Basically what happened in LFR under the old loot system.
Reply Quote
Was the OP using Elder Charms for these things or just lucky rolls? If it's just rolls, then be glad yu got something other than gold. Many of us went 16/16 for gold this week. If you are using charms then you need to learn to watch loot tables closer and ake better decisions about when to use them.

Beyond that, rememer that LFR was never intended to gear you up. It was to se content. Mists seems to have leaned on this concept much harder. Even if average loot is the same, making it personal means no more gaming the system. Also, Garalon and Wind Lord...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/16/2012 05:02 AMPosted by Jaaffar
If it's Elder Tokens you're talking about, then that's just a chance at free loot. They're not going to tailor it to your spec.

Coin rolls are tailored to your spec. You can quickly respec and hit the coin if you want loot for your other spec.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
What loot?

I thought it was Looking for 28 Fiddy. ;3

12 LFR bosses, 12 bags of 28 fiddy. :c
Edited by Höhenheim on 11/16/2012 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]