Just a gripe lol

90 Orc Warrior
I'm a learning tank and just play casual, I was in scholamnce doing a good job. We got to the guy who spawns tornados, I of course was mega worried about tornados because it is instant death, which I like to avoid. One of the guys gave me a good butt chewing because I didnt tank a couple of adds, which I didnt have to do last time (as I said I'm learning). I dont mind being told that I did something wrong, thats how I learn but I really dont think the things he said to me were called for. But I hope it ruins his day for me to say that I had fun anyway and thats what I pay my subcription for, not to make sure his health doesnt get below 50%. lol ....told ya just a gripe I feel better now. :)
Edited by Chainswar on 11/15/2012 1:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Scholomance? Tornadoes? Only tornado in there I can think of is Rattlegore's summoning animation or the jets of fire he spawns. But I can't think of any adds on that fight besides skeles that are just left over from Boneweavers.... Not totally sure what you are talking about there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm sorry it is be scarlet halls.
Edited by Chainswar on 11/15/2012 1:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
keep on keepin' on.

don't take anything personal. many players are spoiled by being carried by veteran tanks. the issue you dealt with is precisely the reason people shy away from the tank role.

if you really don't want that feeling again, pre-researching encounters helps a lot. even taking 5 minutes to read the dungeon journal gives you an advantage over a majority of players.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I haven't really determined ideal Statue placement for Harlan yet for grabbing the adds--nor have I determined if the adds are even worth worrying about too much.

I'm down at the bottom. If they want to stand at the top where the adds are spawning that's fine but I can see why some tanks might have problems picking them both up. If anything else I can go grab them when he's doing his whirlido thing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
As far as I can tell (although I haven't done that dungeon very often yet), it looks like the adds run all the way to the bottom of the stairs before they become active. So it shouldn't be an issue where anybody stands; just be paying attention for when they run in and AoE after they get to the bottom of the stairs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/15/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Keten
As far as I can tell (although I haven't done that dungeon very often yet), it looks like the adds run all the way to the bottom of the stairs before they become active. So it shouldn't be an issue where anybody stands; just be paying attention for when they run in and AoE after they get to the bottom of the stairs.

I don't know if that's what they're supposed to do but they certainly didn't do it the time I tanked it. They were beating on the healer standing at the top as soon as they walked in. so I just stood up there and tanked Harlen and spammed AoE as soon as they spawned.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For the love of God, enchant your gear. D:
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/15/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Aosda

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Nice Dodge enchant and el-cheap-o leg armor, and your reforges confuse the hell out of me. What ARE you going for?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
She's going for the skanky red bikini fightergirl look, is my guess.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/15/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Rijdot

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Nice Dodge enchant and el-cheap-o leg armor, and your reforges confuse the hell out of me. What ARE you going for?

I personally love the Wrath-era ring enchants.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
those adds have shields on them that absorbs damage, so damage wont aggro them right away, they usually go for the healer, i just throw my banner of aoe taunt next to the healer or vigilance them and spam taunt.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't really determined ideal Statue placement for Harlan yet for grabbing the adds--nor have I determined if the adds are even worth worrying about too much.

I'm down at the bottom. If they want to stand at the top where the adds are spawning that's fine but I can see why some tanks might have problems picking them both up. If anything else I can go grab them when he's doing his whirlido thing.

I've found (for me) the easiest is I just stand at the door (where the adds come in) and pull the boss up to me. When adds come I lay down some aoe to get them on me, but for the most part you can ignore them.

When it comes time for tornado of doom, boss will jump back down to middle and start there. Wait until he starts to come up the stairs, then you jump down...he will whirl up, kill the adds for you, then end tornado and start running back to you. Just head back up to door and repeat.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Whenever I stay up top to pull, everyone jumps down. Whenever I jump down and pull, everyone stays up. When I /say "Jump down" before jumping down to pull, some do, some don't (usually the healer). I give up trying to win this meta-fight.

At any rate, I personally prefer to tank him on the short landing on the far wall. That way I have clear view of the door to nick adds and am a short hop away from jumping to the bottom floor when he starts winding up. The secret to the whirlwind is that you actually have quite a bit of time to gtfo so long as you're not on the very bottom. The tornado makes one circuit of the ground floor before moving up, so just watch it go around and hop down before it circles back to the ramp. And the secret to the adds is they start out heavily armored and take reduced damage, but just a bit of focused fire by yourself and the dps will knock their armor off and make them naked, which makes them take extra damage (and might also reduce the damage they deal since they become unarmed as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that). So long as the dps isn't tunnel visioning, the adds should be a non-issue.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/17/2012 03:49 AMPosted by Divinestrom
The secret to the whirlwind is that you actually have quite a bit of time to gtfo so long as you're not on the very bottom.

The secret to monks is that you can tank them on the bottom AND not be on the bottom when he whirlwinds.

Trollscendance. Problem, Harlan?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
11/17/2012 03:49 AMPosted by Divinestrom
Whenever I stay up top to pull, everyone jumps down. Whenever I jump down and pull, everyone stays up. When I /say "Jump down" before jumping down to pull, some do, some don't (usually the healer). I give up trying to win this meta-fight.

You're the tank--he'll come to you, and the DPS will have to follow. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I was in a Scarlet Halls group yesterday and watched all three dps AND the healer get sucked up into Blades of Light. It was both amusing and sad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]