Blizzard You gotta nerf Frost BOMB!

90 Human Death Knight
Either remove a glyph that makes it manually detonate or nerf its single target damage by 40%
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Both of those suggestions are awful because they would hurt frost's pve damage. The best solution is to make frost bomb not scale with Frost's mastery, and then compensate frost somewhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The best solution is to nerf mage to the ground though this is not going to happen as ghostcrawler mains a mage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/15/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Vaega
The best solution is to nerf mage to the ground though this is not going to happen as ghostcrawler mains a mage.

And they should make a class unplayable because...?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Frost bomb

Chaos wave

Dragon Roar\ Shockwave

Chaos bolt

in fact nothign should be critting anyone for more than 75k. Anything criting over 75K is over powered and should be capped on players. Burst is the worst i have ever expirienced, and the worst part is that Blizz is not fixing it. Waiting for patch after patch for pvp adjustments sucks!

Completly out playing a team burning there cooldowns and conrtoling the overall fight, just to lose in 2 globals is crappy design.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Frost Bomb does too much single target damage for being an aoe ability. giving it a 6 seconds delayed damage vs 5 won't change a thing
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Next patch, frost bomb will require 6 seconds to go off (Unless the change was reverted). Additionally, Deep Freeze has a shorter duration. This will give more time to pop a defensive / silence the mage / LoS / Dispel / ect.

At this point, it'll be perfectly balanced against those that are capable of countering it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Next patch, frost bomb will require 6 seconds to go off (Unless the change was reverted). Additionally, Deep Freeze has a shorter duration. This will give more time to pop a defensive / silence the mage / LoS / Dispel / ect.

At this point, it'll be perfectly balanced against those that are capable of countering it.

does not change a thing. Frost Bomb+ Fire Blast is retarded and does up to 180k dmg with absolutely no set up

There should not be an option to manually detonate it
Edited by Reiñhart on 11/16/2012 1:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

does not change a thing. Frost Bomb+ Fire Blast is retarded and does up to 180k dmg with absolutely no set up

Frost Bomb does its damage because of the target being frozen. Commonly, this is because of Deep Freeze.

Because Frost Bomb takes 6 seconds to go off now, and Deep Freeze only lasts 4 seconds, mages have two choices:

1) They can use Frost bomb -> DF -> Fire Blast, or
2) Frost bomb, wait 2 seconds, deep freeze.

In option one, the mage loses time to burst through deep freeze, ultimately reducing their damage. In option two, the mage risks the opponent using defensive cooldowns, dispels, silences or LoSing, as a frost bomb without a freeze is nothing special.

Basically, mages' burst is more difficult to pull off, or less potent.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Frost Bomb does its damage because of the target being frozen. Commonly, this is because of Deep Freeze.

Because Frost Bomb takes 6 seconds to go off now, and Deep Freeze only lasts 4 seconds, mages have two choices:

1) They can use Frost bomb -> DF -> Fire Blast, or
2) Frost bomb, wait 2 seconds, deep freeze.

In option one, the mage loses time to burst through deep freeze, ultimately reducing their damage. In option two, the mage risks the opponent using defensive cooldowns, dispels, silences or LoSing, as a frost bomb without a freeze is nothing special.

Basically, mages' burst is more difficult to pull off, or less potent.

Not really. They do Frost Bomb Fireblast anytime. I just did 5s. I got hit for over 300k by 2 bombs 2 blasts from 2 frost mages. Frost Bomb + Ignite still better than casting frost bolt + Ice lance by a huge margin!

Frost Bomb is an AOE Ability so can it please be AOE ability and not taking 50% of somebody else's HP with simple nova + fire blast as single target damage.
Edited by Reiñhart on 11/16/2012 2:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Not really. They do Frost Bomb Fireblast anytime. I just did 5s. I got hit for over 300k by 2 bombs 2 blasts from 2 frost mages.

Next patch, your healer will have more of an opening to dispel. You will also have more time to pop AMS.

Alternatively, they Frost Bomb -> Deep Freeze -> Fire Blast, but that *does* reduce their Deep Freeze burst, as they're spending extra GCDs.

Wait and see how the current nerfs work.
Edited by Monica on 11/16/2012 2:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Not really. They do Frost Bomb Fireblast anytime. I just did 5s. I got hit for over 300k by 2 bombs 2 blasts from 2 frost mages.

Next patch, your healer will have more of an opening to dispel. You will also have more time to pop AMS.

Alternatively, they Frost Bomb -> Deep Freeze -> Fire Blast, but that *does* reduce their Deep Freeze burst, as they're spending extra GCDs.

Wait and see how the current nerfs work.

Fun fact AMS would absorb about 1/2 of the dmg he took, IF he didn't have to use it offensively to get in range which is the case a lot of the time vs caster teams thanks to terrible mobility.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
11/16/2012 01:35 AMPosted by Reiñhart
And instead of using an ability that hits 3 times as hard as fireblast, I now have to use fireblast. Which will again, greatly reduce the amount of damage we can do total in a deep freeze.
11/16/2012 02:07 AMPosted by Reiñhart
Not really. They do Frost Bomb Fireblast anytime. I just did 5s. I got hit for over 300k by 2 bombs 2 blasts from 2 frost mages. Frost Bomb + Ignite still better than casting frost bolt + Ice lance by a huge margin!
Nope. Getting frostbomb to tick off on its own within a deep while being able to cast a double frostbolt or Frostbolt + Lance is way more damage than frostbolt + fireblast.
Edited by Esmee on 11/16/2012 7:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

I don't want to argue about whether it is or isn't over powered, but frost bomb certainly does require set up to do what it does. Lying doesn't help your case.
Edited by Mumrit on 11/16/2012 7:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
If that's set up, then what other specs have to do is like massive warfare scale strategy. That is NOT set up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/16/2012 07:45 AMPosted by Esmee
And instead of using an ability that hits 3 times as hard as fireblast, I now have to use fireblast. Which will again, greatly reduce the amount of damage we can do total in a deep freeze.
Nope. Getting frostbomb to tick off on its own within a deep while being able to cast a double frostbolt or Frostbolt + Lance is way more damage than frostbolt + fireblast.

Then there should not be argument of removing frost bomb detonate from fire blast right?

Look Frost Bomb + Fire Blast single target does more damage than frost bolt + Ice Lance. That needs to be looked into
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
It doesn't need to detonate, but the glyph does need to do something for Frost Bomb, or it essentially isn't a valid choice for Fire Mages anymore. Because Inferno Blast is a rotational ability for them, any bomb that is affected by the glyph is better for them than any bomb that isn't. This is why the effects to FB and NT were added to the glyph: to prevent Fire Mages from being locked into Living Bomb.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/15/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Vaega
What a laughable statement!

Ghostcrawler has never been to the Mage forums nor has he played a mage in the last several months, if not years.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]