Blizzard You gotta nerf Frost BOMB!

90 Draenei Shaman
Just nerf Frost bomb, ppl should play arcane or fire if they want to pve as a mage.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
11/15/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Marcellena
The best solution is to nerf mage to the ground though this is not going to happen as ghostcrawler mains a mage.

And they should make a class unplayable because...?

Like they did hunters due to the mass qq and a bugged skill?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/16/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Talva

Like they did hunters due to the mass qq and a bugged skill?

That is a terrible, terrible argument. Nerfing any class into the ground is asinine and stupid.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
in fact nothign should be critting anyone for more than 75k. Anything criting over 75K is over powered and should be capped on players. Burst is the worst i have ever expirienced, and the worst part is that Blizz is not fixing it. Waiting for patch after patch for pvp adjustments sucks!

Couldn't agree more with that. They said MoP PvP would be more about skill and less about lolol mongoloid burst like cataclysm. I can't see anything close to this being true right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/16/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Finkllestein
in fact nothign should be critting anyone for more than 75k. Anything criting over 75K is over powered and should be capped on players. Burst is the worst i have ever expirienced, and the worst part is that Blizz is not fixing it. Waiting for patch after patch for pvp adjustments sucks!

Couldn't agree more with that. They said MoP PvP would be more about skill and less about lolol mongoloid burst like cataclysm. I can't see anything close to this being true right now.

Made another post about crit damage reduction
Reply Quote
if you have pvp gear,then frost bomb would hit you for no more then 40k crits.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
11/16/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Raw

Thats not what the vast amounts of vids of mage burst show
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
STL
Nerf healing then. You need big damage hits when you target is running around with 3 HoTs and 15 buffs on them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The best solution is to nerf mage to the ground though this is not going to happen as ghostcrawler mains a mage.

They shouldn't, that's what's happening to Rogues right now and it's terrible. I don't even have a mage, but I'd be really annoyed to see this move nerfed severely. A 40% damage reduction would damage PvE viability, which isn't even OP's intention. The Glyph is arguable, fast detonation is definitely a major advantage, so I guess that could be worked with if need be.
Edited by Carroway on 11/16/2012 6:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/16/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Raw

Sure, if the mage is in full Magister's. It's pretty uncommon to see a frost bomb crit below 70k. Try using freezes, I heard your mastery might be kind of good.
Edited by Sajepanda on 11/16/2012 6:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
11/15/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Marcellena
Both of those suggestions are awful because they would hurt frost's pve damage. The best solution is to make frost bomb not scale with Frost's mastery, and then compensate frost somewhere else.

Mages are at the head of the pack in PvE right now, aside from Affliction Warlocks, so I really doubt the implications to Mage PvE would be too severe to warrant a nerf to the spell for PvP reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Both of those suggestions are awful because they would hurt frost's pve damage. The best solution is to make frost bomb not scale with Frost's mastery, and then compensate frost somewhere else.

Mages are at the head of the pack in PvE right now, aside from Affliction Warlocks, so I really doubt the implications to Mage PvE would be too severe to warrant a nerf to the spell for PvP reasons.

This. plus Frost bomb is not in their rotation from what I could tell on single Bosses in PvE

Also Frost Mages mastery needs a rework and Glyph of Fire Blast removed from PvP.

Who came up with the idea of giving AOE a superior single target damage?
Edited by Reiñhart on 11/19/2012 11:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
BnR
11/15/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Vaega

I'd pay 100 bucks paypal for someone to link his REAL Mage armory, not even kidding.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
BnR
Actually there was a video series done a few years ago on Blizzard.com and Ghostcrawler was on there talking about his Warrior in Vanilla. Can't seem to find the video as it's not archived but he totally admitted it :P. He also admitted to playing a Hunter too (I swore it was an Orc) and believe it or not a Druid. Scouts honor, look up on the forum archive (before the new design) in the beta section it was totally there.

Maybe someone else knows where the video had ended up.
Edited by Kìmmie on 11/20/2012 1:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/15/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Marcellena

Nerf how pvp power scales with frost bomb instead.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/20/2012 01:22 AMPosted by Kìmmie
Ghostcrawler was on there talking about his Warrior

なるほどなw
Reply Quote
95 Goblin Mage
-Remove glyph of fire blast
-Make fire and arcane functionality that this glyph provided baseline for the respective specs
-Sorry, no. Frost doesn't need any compensation. However, since mage tears usually flood any forum even at the height of their overpoweredness, as a compromise just make the frost bomb dot ticks aoe, lower dmg, last longer.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
11/15/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Narrow
nothign should be critting anyone for more than 75k.

I'm all for this if it includes heals.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Mage
11/19/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Reiñhart
This. plus Frost bomb is not in their rotation from what I could tell on single Bosses in PvE

It is. Using it on cooldown is very high up on the single-target rotation priority list.

All three bombs are very similar for single-target DPS (essential so that all three talents are viable options). For AOE purposes, Frost Bomb lags behind the other two until about 6+ targets, at which point it takes the lead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]