Why Blizzard is nerfing Shamans.

7 Gnome Rogue
haman have been ignored for entire expansions

rofl compared to what? troll and dodged answers that doesn't actually answer our questions? nice one, try and be more special.

Right here shows just how much of a clue you have here is 2 cents go buy your self a clue.

Elemental Shamans have lacked a gap opener for an entire xpac prior to catylism.
Edited by Strwberry on 11/17/2012 10:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The True reason Why Shaman Are getting Nerfed is BecaUse While Silenced Resto Shamans Can Do Alot to prevent their Death, More Than other healers can.. That is plain and Simply the only Reason why Shaman totems are getting Nerfed.

While Silenced Shaman Can use Their Raid Heal, Their Spiritlink, Their Wind Totem to Avoid a Spell like maybe Chaos Bolt or Mind Blast. In that manner for Arena they are the best Healers cause No matter How much Pressure u put on a Shaman they can Literally Heal While Silenced.

This has a side effect of Making the other 2 specs REALLY weak. Seeing as their Defensive Cd's are tied in their Totems and unlike Resto, they depend more and more on them to stay alive, They ultimately lose out.

The nerf of the totems I presume is to stop the use of Healing Tide in conjunction with let's say Capacitor? (resto shamans basically have 3 oh !@#$ cooldowns)

I dunno if spirit link is usable in Arena/Rbgs but while Silenced being able to HTT, Capacitor/Spiritlink then follow up with rain = u effectually heal everyone to full /near full hp while silenced/interrupted. Even tho it can only be done once ever so often it's pretty powerful.

Atleast that's my philosophy as to why they would nerf it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/18/2012 12:00 AMPosted by Nagomalda

We know why they did it, that makes sense. But what we don't know is how they can be so ignorant as the to collateral damage thats going to happen. There should not be, in any capacity, a nerf given to the DPS specs. They're about -8 on the nerf/buff factor.

Continuing the downward spiral is not the solution.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The True reason Why Shaman Are getting Nerfed is BecaUse While Silenced Resto Shamans Can Do Alot to prevent their Death, More Than other healers can.. That is plain and Simply the only Reason why Shaman totems are getting Nerfed.

While Silenced Shaman Can use Their Raid Heal, Their Spiritlink, Their Wind Totem to Avoid a Spell like maybe Chaos Bolt or Mind Blast. In that manner for Arena they are the best Healers cause No matter How much Pressure u put on a Shaman they can Literally Heal While Silenced.

This has a side effect of Making the other 2 specs REALLY weak. Seeing as their Defensive Cd's are tied in their Totems and unlike Resto, they depend more and more on them to stay alive, They ultimately lose out.

The nerf of the totems I presume is to stop the use of Healing Tide in conjunction with let's say Capacitor? (resto shamans basically have 3 oh !@#$ cooldowns)

I dunno if spirit link is usable in Arena/Rbgs but while Silenced being able to HTT, Capacitor/Spiritlink then follow up with rain = u effectually heal everyone to full /near full hp while silenced/interrupted. Even tho it can only be done once ever so often it's pretty powerful.

Here's a fantastic idea then, why doesn't Blizzard stop making everything a damn totem and then nerfing the entire system for the other two specs?

Resto already has more spec specific totems than the other 2 specs and all healing totems are far more powerful for Resto Shaman than DPS Shaman. I'm sure Blizzard would be incredibly surprised to hear that Spirit Link does not need to be a totem. It can be a nature school spell.

We should have expected this though given Blizz's history with Shaman it's no surprise that we are receiving a lazy, poorly thought out, blanket nerf that will not fix the problems they are trying to fix but will create more problems for the other two specs.

The only way this change could possibly make sense is if totems could not be one-shot by every single spec in the game (and please don't even bother mentioning Totemic Vigor as the amount of extra health it gives is negligible and it is definitely not worth a major glyph slot).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
its growing more apparent by the day that Totems need to be a resource system.

Let a shaman opt into a school of totem, let them drop 2 of that school, and let selecting a school give you some baseline bonus

Fire +15% damage
Earth +15% damage reduction
Wind +15% haste
Water +15% Sp

Wrap it up and call it a day. Totems should be things we're dropping anymore because the physical presence of a buff is supposed to be a balancer for its OP benefit. but no totem gives an OP benefit, especially now that we can't drop them while silenced.

Blizzard should wake-up quick to the reality that once Warriors are dealth with, the angry tide of shaman will come to flood the forums. Even non-shaman are aware of the absurdity of the non-healing shaman. Every non-shaman...except Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
11/18/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Thundahstahm
Water +15% Sp

+15% Healing*

unless that means +15% Spirit, and not Spellpower.

11/18/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Thundahstahm
Blizzard should wake-up quick to the reality that once Warriors are dealth with, the angry tide of shaman will come to flood the forums. Even non-shaman are aware of the absurdity of the non-healing shaman. Every non-shaman...except Blizzard.

Yep. I'm on board with that, though you guys do bring a lot of nice raid utility, something I LONG for :(
Edited by Pewpewblast on 11/18/2012 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/18/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Pewpewblast
Yep. I'm on board with that, though you guys do bring a lot of nice raid utility, something I LONG for :(

We have Lust you have Warp
We have Shear you have Countspell
We have Purge you have Spell Steal
We have Hex you have Poly
We have Earthbind/grab you have Cone of Cold + Frost Nova
We can both remove curses

We can Tremor, Ground, and Stormlash which you can't but then you can Invis, Ice Block, and Blink.

Funnily enough if we look at Cataclysm Blink (Halfus), Ice Block (Baleroc, Ultraxion), Slow Fall (Ragnaros) have all been very useful where as Tremor was good on trash packs and Grounding was good on Valiona and Theralion for a very limited period of time (hot fixed) and for dealing with adds on Alysrazor (although if you recall Fire Mages were ridiculously overpowered on that encounter).

Mages also have better tools to drop aggro and deal quite a bit more damage than Elemental (not sure in relation to Enhance).

Not to mention you can also serve as a portable bakery and taxi service.

Maybe I just don't see what you are longing for.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue

Um....sorry but NO!NO! NO! You cannot compare the amount of response the shaman class has gotten to the amount of response the rogue class has gotten. Shaman have been ignored for entire expansions...the most recent being Cata..rogues? NOT! In Cata, rogues were THE best PVP class and the top melee pvp dps class. So rogues are supposedly bad in MoP (your opinion, mine is that they are not bad and not good, but just average in MoP...so far...gear scaling should balance the class out a ton),

Ugh, thanks I guess I'll just wait for gear so my class can be balanced.
That's a logical thing. It makes sense.
Your understanding of the rogue class is incredibly minimal.
Communication from dev's is important but not relevant to balance

Cry yourself a river, go have a pity party. Rogues have always been in the middle a the worst and at the top by an extra mile or two at the best. Then there is also the fact that rogues are being buffed while the totem change is a nerf. Seriously, rogues have to get off their high horse. You don't get to be the pinnacle of pwnage this time around, get over it. Some classes are used to being stuck on the bottom, and guess what those classes are getting: nerfs. Guess what rogues are getting: buffs. So

Could your response be any more vague? the changes to rogue's are minimal at this point, the dev's have said this.

Rogues have had it very good for a long long time, while shamans have never really had it good very much at all.
WAIIIIT did you play in vanilla? how about during wotlk?
Once again, rogues go have a pity party, and make sure to take a picture while you are at the bottom, because you probably never will be again. It's the first patch of the xpac, stop acting like you can somehow compare rogues to shaman.
you seem to be taking this persons comparison between their own classes they play to be somewhat more serious than they implied. They are similar situations.
How about you just CoS vanish to get out of the nerfs, that seems to be your solution to everything.
what a nonsensical jokester you are!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
They think they're only nerfing resto shamans which have a disproportionately high representation in high lvl arena.

Instead they nerf resto the wrong way while also nerfing the whole shaman class.

@Nagomalda please never write a post with that... grammar? again.
Edited by Potsu on 11/19/2012 1:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
11/19/2012 01:31 AMPosted by Potsu
They think they're only nerfing resto shamans which have a disproportionately high representation in high lvl arena.

well, when they tell all the shaman to reroll resto for pvp anyway, what do you expect?

Fix ele/enh, they might move back. Though I'd like a source to that because last I checked the amount of shaman in arenas now was about middle ground (11.5% or so)
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Rogue
I would much rather have a gear issue then a talent issue or no talent what so ever since its in your range to fix.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

I really enjoy the random caps, but am sadly disappointed that you only capped the first letter in random words. It would be mUcH bEtTeR iF yOu CoUlD aLsO cAp lEtTerS iN thE mIdDlE of WOrDs.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

Instead they nerf resto the wrong way while also nerfing the whole shaman class.

@Nagomalda please never write a post with that... grammar? again.

I see you're new to how blizzard nerfs resto. They claim they want little to no impact to the other 2 and yet they hurt them more usually.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]