Why Blizzard is nerfing Shamans.

90 Pandaren Shaman
They want to truely see how tough we are. Most shamans stick by their main through thick and thin.

Blizzard...

Come at me bro.

P.S. And also how about some blues actually respond to the threads about the shaman nerfs instead of deleting the threads. /cry
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/15/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Zantley
Because they've been the most overall strongest class for a few years

Uhhh
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC

?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

They say it's impossible to post something so stupid on the internet that everyone reading it would know you were joking. Grats on proving them wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/15/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Ishammy
Come at me bro.

/FLEX

11/15/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Zantley
4 years of a being a dominant class

Nobody gives a crap about being a dominate healer.
Edited by Grenade on 11/15/2012 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
rshaman's need some adjustments but this is ....well poorly thought out, in other words typical blizz.

11/15/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Zantley
They say it's impossible to post something so stupid on the internet that everyone reading it would know you were joking. Grats on proving them wrong.

Hmm lets see.

Season 8: Extremely dominant class, Ele spec

ALL OF CATA: Extremely dominant class, Resto spec. Highest class arena representation all expansion.

Now: Still dominant in resto, now very strong Enhance.

Forgot about beast cleave too. Make that 4 years of a being a dominant class

Also would like to mention, take a look at the championships. Almost every !@#$ing team has a shaman, one even has TWO.

elemental while good in s8 it was hardly "dominant"
beastcleave got nerfed faster then anything else ever has been to date.
enhancement playable? the tragedy!
yes shaman's are still a top notch healer, but lets keep things into perspective shall we.
Edited by Stormspellz on 11/15/2012 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
They want to truely see how tough we are. Most shamans stick by their main through thick and thin.

Blizzard...

Come at me bro.

P.S. And also how about some blues actually respond to the threads about the shaman nerfs instead of deleting the threads. /cry

who are you kidding with this crap? its because your dumbsht healing spec has been running the brackets...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
elemental while good in s8 it was hardly "dominant"
beastcleave got nerfed faster then anything else ever has been to date.
enhancement playable? the tragedy!
yes shaman's are still a top notch healer, but lets keep things into perspective shall we.

I don't know what you're trying to argue here, everything you have said just confirms what I said.

I'm not complaining that shamans are OP, even though resto most likely is. My point is that Shamans have been an extremely strong class, and maintained top representation for 4 years. Which is true.

Anyways, on a positive foot I agree with you that the blanket change to totems isn't the way to fix rshams. The spec should be singled out, not all specs.

by your logic, dks "deserve" to be less then 2% rep and rogues even less, further more 4 seasons + mop don't equal 4 years
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
11/15/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Zantley
by your logic, dks "deserve" to be less then 2% rep and rogues even less, further more 4 seasons + mop don't equal 4 years

By my logic? How so? I believe that every class should be balanced and previous seasons should have no say in the matter.

Never did I say that shamans should be nerfed to underpoweredness. I believe they should be balanced, which means a nerf but not severe enough to gimp the class.

And DKs are already at 2-3% rep FYI.
DKs have like a 6% rep according to:
http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

But no, dks aren't in a great shape either at the moment.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
11/15/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Zantley
I believe that every class should be balanced and previous seasons should have no say in the matter.

and yet you are twisting old season info (in fact flatly misrepresenting it) to justify current shaman nerfs, that is very opposite of what you just said.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
11/15/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Zantley
and yet you are twisting old season info (in fact flatly misrepresenting it) to justify current shaman nerfs, that is very opposite of what you just said.

Sigh.

I'm not using that to justify nerfs, I'm simply stating facts. I believe that shamans deserve nerfs because they are overpowered in their current state.

But NOT nerfs to underpoweredness like you so claim that I'm claiming. Nerfs to a BALANCED STATE, which SHOULD start with the removal of the purge glyph
Shamans are technically being nerfed with that totem change. It now prevents shamans from dropping spirit link or even a healing tide while silenced.

I don't play a shaman much myself, but that change sounds huge.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
*EDIT* due to double post, chrome decided to have a heartattack.
Edited by Gasleak on 11/15/2012 10:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm pretty sure there would have been a better way to tweak resto shaman than this...Maybe make there mastery scale a bit less or something i donno. This change just seemed a tad bit strange to me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]