Raid progression, duplicate bosses?

90 Night Elf Monk
Happy Friday! Came into the office today to find a pipe had burst and was flooding into my server room! No equipment was damaged (thankfully), and the mess has been cleaned up. Now, onto my real question:

Here's a sample of data pulled from the API regarding raid progression. I'm trying to create a simple: Mogo'shan Vaults 2/6 type of notification on the site, but determining the boss numbers is difficult when one is posted twice :(

I had an issue with Firelands during Cata because Heroic Ragnaros is considered his own boss. A similar issue presented it self with Sinestra in BoT. In instances where I know this is happening I do some extra massaging of the data to mention what bosses are heroic only. Now I've run into a similar issue with Heart of Fear:

Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[name] => Imperial Vizier Zor'lok
[normalKills] => 0
[heroicKills] => 0
[id] => 62980
)

[1] => Array
(
[name] => Blade Lord Ta'yak
[normalKills] => 0
[heroicKills] => 0
[id] => 62543
)

[2] => Array
(
[name] => Garalon
[normalKills] => 0
[heroicKills] => 0
[id] => 62164
)

[3] => Array
(
[name] => Wind Lord Mel'jarak
[normalKills] => 0
[heroicKills] => 0
[id] => 62397
)

[4] => Array
(
[name] => Amber-Shaper Un'sok
[normalKills] => 0
[heroicKills] => 0
[id] => 62511
)

[5] => Array
(
[name] => Grand Empress Shek'zeer
[normalKills] => 0
[heroicKills] => 0
[id] => 62837
)

[6] => Array
(
[name] => Garalon
[normalKills] => 0
[heroicKills] => 0
[id] => 63191
)

)

As you can see, at the end of the array I'm getting an extra Garalon, with a different ID even. Any insite would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
This is a known issue, the raid progression data needs a couple of bug fixes and improvements that are on the todo list.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Cool! If I wanted to know what the "guild's" progression was, is there a cut and dry way to do it?

Right now I select all of the members of a certain rank, loop through them to see who's killed what boss, then presume that if at least 50% of a raid size has killed a boss (to account for raiders from the same guild yet of a different rank) that it was a guild kill. Seems to be a bit more accurate than picking say the raid leader and only looking at his kills; to account for him changing mains, etc.

the next thing that I would like to figure out is how many times the guild has killed said boss; it may be outside the scope of what you guys plan to add to the api, so for now I'm continuing on my current method but also keeping track of how many times a raider has killed a boss, then adding all the values and calculating the average.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
So today I noticed in my feed that boss kills are now tracking the format as well as the difficulty of the kill (normal/heroic, 10/25).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azjolnerub/Poena/feed

So I was browsing my armory and I found the statistics page, which shows all that info.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azjolnerub/Poena/statistic#14807:15164

Question is, how do I access the above info with boss kill breakdowns by format/difficulty

Right now the progression API only lists difficulty:
http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/Azjolnerub/poena?fields=progression
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
:D garalon is a bug.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]