struggling BM?

90 Undead Hunter
Im having trouble with BM and im not sure of the source. I was doing 43k ish over the course of a 8 min fight on a dummy. and as survival I was doing 46k.

I did some reforging and now do 50k as BM. Im following suggested rotation and CD usage but from other hunter I talk they say they do 10k more as BM than as survival. AM I missing something with my gear or forging?

Im pondering going to survival if I cant find a solution.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
my bet is your weapon is holding you back
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
11/15/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Jadsea

I disagree with this because I feel my weapon doesn't hold me back.

Your reforges are questionable. Get off as much haste as possible and go for crit and mastery after hit and expertise capping. Your currently not hit and expertise capped.

Your gems are also off, you should be geming PURE agility unless the gem bonus gives agility, in which case you put a hybrid gem into that slot with agility and what ever color you need.

Your glyph are questionable to say the least, make sure all your pets are speced ferocity if your not using glyph of stampede if they are I recommend glyph of stampede to make sure your 1 pet is copied and is ferocity. Also glyph of disengage.

Your talents are questionable as well. Post haste and aspect of the iron hawk I feel are best currently within PvE maybe go for Animal Bonds if your pet is dying. MoC is also doing roughly about 100,000 more damage for me than lynx rush and I can pair it with Bestial Wrath every time for just 30 focus.

Your trinket from brewfest is pretty awful, I would say 463 iLvL trinkets are better.

Make sure your doing your rotation correctly post again if you want me to explain it.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/09/28/scattered-shots-mop-hunter-pre-raid-gear-list/#continued
Good resource for pre raid gear (look @ the trinkets)
Edited by Aerothena on 11/16/2012 1:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Well like you I feel like I am struggling with BM spec also. I am a few Ilvl below you @(465)and consistenlty do 45k on dummy with burst up to 55 - 60k on Stampede + Rapid cd.

I get flamed in our Mogushan Vaults 10 man when my dps is at 40 to 45k doing Stone Guard. I am not sure what to change either. It seems as tho I am always starving for focus and cobra seems like it takes forever to cast.

My group feels that I should be at 50 to 55k at a min always no matter what. Not sure if it's my gear holding me back or I just suck :D prob both lol.

Good luck to you hope it comes around.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Hmm nice post Aerothena :D I never thought about the Stampede glyph and in my case my pet for raids is Ferocity however my other pets were and have not been.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
11/16/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Gunterhoblin
Hmm nice post Aerothena :D I never thought about the Stampede glyph and in my case my pet for raids is Ferocity however my other pets were and have not been.

Np, if your using the glyph just make sure your pet that is out has Rabid (it should typically), if not make sure all your pets within your active stable all have Rabid on as well as being speced ferocity.

I don't use the glyph because their often are cases where I want all of my pets in my active stable to provide buffs (with stampede) for raid members dying that did provide the buff or people who were battle rezed; also for 5 mans specifically challenge modes.
Edited by Aerothena on 11/16/2012 2:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
i'm not 90 yet but i found bm to be far too clunky in dungeons for my liking and too cooldown dependent.

i use survival for dungeons and am happy for it. fewer cooldowns to track.

bm would suck less if dire beast, lynx rush, blink strike were off the gcd and could be macro'd into stuff like kill command. it's just too much to track. it's like pre-ICC dk gameplay.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
i'm not 90 yet but i found bm to be far too clunky in dungeons for my liking and too cooldown dependent.

bm would suck less if dire beast, lynx rush, blink strike were off the gcd and could be macro'd into stuff like kill command. it's just too much to track. it's like pre-ICC dk gameplay.

I understand this, hunters overall have become far more complicated BM likely the most becasue of how we have to manage cds. I do feel SV is slightly easier overall and only does like 1-3% less than BM on single target. On AoE trash SV wins though.
Reply Quote
What's your opening rotation? That has a pretty big impact on your dps
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

I understand this, hunters overall have become far more complicated BM likely the most becasue of how we have to manage cds. I do feel SV is slightly easier overall and only does like 1-3% less than BM on single target. On AoE trash SV wins though.

i wouldnt necessarily call it complicated. feral druid it complicated.

this is more about just having to watch too many things at the same time. they need to take dire beast, blink strike, lynx rush off the gcd so they can be macro'd for those of us uncomfortable using more than 9 hotkeys to maintain a dps rotation.

too many necessary hotkeys breeds clickers, and bad reputations.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Aero I think armory is messed up, my slyphs were what you mentiond, and my pets are speced into ferocity. As for my reforges and gems I used the MRrobot website, I take it as that site sucks?

edit: Also, Why haste? I thought that was last on priority
Edited by Tykazi on 11/19/2012 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter

I disagree with this because I feel my weapon doesn't hold me back.

Your reforges are questionable. Get off as much haste as possible and go for crit and mastery after hit and expertise capping. Your currently not hit and expertise capped.

Your gems are also off, you should be geming PURE agility unless the gem bonus gives agility, in which case you put a hybrid gem into that slot with agility and what ever color you need.

Your glyph are questionable to say the least, make sure all your pets are speced ferocity if your not using glyph of stampede if they are I recommend glyph of stampede to make sure your 1 pet is copied and is ferocity. Also glyph of disengage.

Your talents are questionable as well. Post haste and aspect of the iron hawk I feel are best currently within PvE maybe go for Animal Bonds if your pet is dying. MoC is also doing roughly about 100,000 more damage for me than lynx rush and I can pair it with Bestial Wrath every time for just 30 focus.

Your trinket from brewfest is pretty awful, I would say 463 iLvL trinkets are better.

Make sure your doing your rotation correctly post again if you want me to explain it.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/09/28/scattered-shots-mop-hunter-pre-raid-gear-list/#continued
Good resource for pre raid gear (look @ the trinkets)

Ive gotten off all the haste I can, ive forged into hit and expertise.

Ive re gemmed the 3 questionable gems.

My pets were all ferocity not sure why armory said otherwise

Same with my talents they are all set except for MoC

For rotation I am going as follows- SS,BW,KC,DB,LR,stampede, Glaive toss, Rapid shot, ( I use readiness once Rapid shot has worn off, then BW KC DB LR GT, Rapid shot)

Then my rotation is as follows in terms of priority - KC LR DB Glaive toss AS

I have a high burst then hold at 50k then I slowly fall down and stop at a steady 43k from there. I feel like Im really messing something up here

Edit= switched to MoC and now I drop much much much less slowly I holf a consistant 46k but still it falls off over 10 min time.
Edited by Tykazi on 11/19/2012 5:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]