Castsequence Macro Broken Sometimes

90 Undead Mage
I have a lot of keybinds as a Frost Mage and I depend on a simple castsequence macro to put Frost Bomb and Fire Blast on the same key because I always use them in.... wait for it... sequence. Every so often, and this does happen quite often with the massive number of dailies I do every day, I will hit my macro and it won't move down the sequence, disallowing Fire Blast to cast. I'm not sure what's causing it. I give myself a whole 5 seconds to hit it a second time and it doesn't even change.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=5 Frost Bomb, Fire Blast

If anybody could enlighten me on what's happening, I'd be grateful. And yes, I am hitting it a 2nd time within the 5 second reset window.
Edited by Halister on 11/15/2012 8:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
The macro system sometimes has trouble with spells that become other spells with talents/glyphs. Does using "Mage Bomb" as the spell name instead of "Frost Bomb" work?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I can try that, but you'd think if that were the case, the game would have trouble casting Frost Bomb. The castsequence just isn't progressing after the first cast. I'll try Mage Bomb in my macro for a while.

EDIT: Just tried that. Putting Mage Bomb in the macro completely breaks the sequence 100% of the time, but that at least points to the spell transformation as the likely root of the problem. WTB a fix.
Edited by Halister on 11/15/2012 8:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm having this same problem with my low level mage. I can cast frost bomb, but the fire blast just won't go off. It's annoying. I can't find the reason why this is not working.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The solution is to use a modifier.
/cast [mod:alt] Fire Blast; Mage Bomb
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
A modifier is not the solution to the problem; the macro should work as posted.

11/15/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Halister
I will hit my macro and it won't move down the sequence, disallowing Fire Blast to cast.
The usual cause of this behavior is having the spell on your action bar instead of the macro, but the fact that the macro usually works is confusing. Tell me, do you often change specs? it's possible that you have the macro on your bar on one spec and the spell on the other (this is why it's a bad idea to turn off macro text on your action bars)

12/09/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Thaumato
I'm having this same problem with my low level mage. I can cast frost bomb, but the fire blast just won't go off. It's annoying. I can't find the reason why this is not working.
If the macro has never worked properly for you (and it is the same macro posted by the OP), you probably have the Frost Bomb spell on your action bar instead of the macro.
Edited by Sumcallmetim on 12/10/2012 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]