question on tanks hit and expertise

90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Hit/Expertise make resource generation more consistent (except for DKs I think). Consistency is king for a tank.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hit/Expertise make resource generation more consistent (except for DKs I think). Consistency is king for a tank.

Having hit and expertise for DK tanks can give you more runic power generation and a bonus to DS Heals from Scent of Blood

Your successful main-hand autoattacks have a chance to increase the healing and minimum healing done by your next Death Strike within 20 sec by 20%, and to generate 10 Runic Power. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

If you're using the Blood Tap talent where Rune Strikes and Death Coils allow you to call up a Death Rune at will every so often this could be a consideration.
Edited by Fangthane on 11/18/2012 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

But if you're a druid, those resources go primarily into an ability that is, itself, inconsistent. Whereas if you spent those stat point on mastery you could be reducing the damage from 100% of the physical attacks directed at you.

I don't claim to be a master of spreadsheetcraft or anything, but ISTM that if anything, mastery is the consistency stat.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

As far as I know, every current boss, both in dungeons and raids, can parry.

er...

lemme restate

What boss can an expertise hardcapped tank beat that a tank that isn't hardcapped can't beat? What boss is that 7.5% more HoPo critical for?

Well, here's a more important question.

What are you going to have instead?

If you're taking dodge or parry, then you're missing the point of the hit/expertise build. You're trying to minimize spike damage. If you wanted to do overall damage reduction, then you'd go parry/dodge/mastery in that order, with hit/expertise a non concern.

If you're going for a mastery based build, then hit and expertise are -the best stats- for maximising the value of mastery. Hit and expertise up to the hard cap are better at what mastery does than mastery.

If you're going for a haste based build, then hit and expertise are also -the best stats- for maximising the intention of haste. Hit and expertise up to the hard cap do what haste does better than haste.

Do you need hit/expertise capped? Not necessarily.

But seriously, if you're not capping then, what the hell other stat is going in their place? If it's to get more mastery or haste, then you clearly don't understand how mastery OR haste works for you, and you need to learn the class and stop being bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]