An error has occurred. Please try again.

90 Human Paladin
For those of you who might still be experiencing this error. (and unable to post) I thought I'd just let you know I've had a support ticket open and working with a Blizzard technician regarding it. From what I could see it was something going on with their side. I was eventually able to login. (evident by this post.)

Either they were able to resolve a hang up on their side, or my successful attempt was made by communicating when the server was no longer busy, or was handed off to a load balancing system that was working correctly.

So, my suggestion, if your reading this right now on 11/16/2012 @ 11:47 AM EST, try logging out and logging back in. If this is not successful than the problem is intermittent. Open a ticket to allow Blizzard know that the problem is persisting.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Well I 'm able to post now, obviously, but I've still having issues with the armory app and the character/AH side of the website.

500 Internal Server Error
"An error occured. Please try again later."
Error ID: E2W8B

I get that when trying to access the AH.
Edited by Deeprage on 11/16/2012 8:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
As Yarko stated I too was also working with Blizz Tech support, I had a ticket for that same reason, I started getting the Login error last night about 8:50pm CST, so I waited till this morning to see if it was just a short term thing, but alas it was not, so I submitted a ticket to try and resolve this issue, after 3 responses I had no resolution, so I re-submitted the ticket, shortly after that I was able to log into my WoW account, then I read the 4th response, and the GM stated the he reset my account but could not find a problem on the website(I find that hard to believe since a lot of others are having the same issue now), but I am now able to log in and post (obviously) so eventually they will be able to see there is a definate problem with the site, here is the overall response I have gotten from my Tickets:

corey thompson

Kaloril @ Borean Tundra

I can not log into the game or the remote site

I can not log into the game or the remote site, it may not be just borean tundra, but I encountered this problem last night at around 8:50pm cst. I accidentally entered a wrong game code for the murloc pet and like 2-3 minutes after that is when I got disconnected, after that I tried to log back in and it would not let me, it took like 2 minutes of trying to log in then it said encountered an issue and then posted the support site address, I then tried to log into the remote and after a few minutes of it trying to log me in, it said that server took too long to respond and said try again later, so I just turned my laptop off, so now I am at work I decided to try to log into the remote site and I am still getting a response of error try again later, but I can get to my account on the actual Battle.net site, just not the remote site, I can not figure out what is going on, I am currently on a different computer so it can't be a program issue, there has to be something else at hand here, please help me.

5 hours ago

Aetraxis

Customer Service Representative

Greetings!

When you say you can't get on the "remote" site, are you trying to access it through your cell phone app or are you just trying to log into the Armory on Battle.net? If it's an issue with the app, you may need to refresh your login information as the password on your account was just changed earlier today.

With regards to the disconnections, it shouldn't at all be related to entering the incorrect code for the murloc pet, but just a broader connection issue as you were getting the "server not responding" (or a similar) message. Please try the steps on this page and let us know if it helps or if you have the same issues and let us know what you tried so we can troubleshoot further if the issues persist:

http://us.battle.net/support/article/611

If you have any further questions or concerns about this issue, please select the "REOPEN TICKET" button below to provide us additional information. Thank you for being a valued customer and contacting us today - we hope you continue to enjoy your experiences with Blizzard Entertainment!

Regards,

Game Master Aetraxis
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
http://battle.net/support

2 hours ago

corey thompson

Kaloril @ Borean Tundra

I was talking about the remote site on Battle.net on my computer, even after I changed my password, I am still getting the An Error has occurred please try again. I can still get to the Battle.net account page, but for the WoW site I get the error, I try logging in and it takes a few minutes then the error pops up, it did it while I was on my laptop at home, but now I am on my work computer and I still get the error message, just not sure what is actually going on.

1 hour ago

Aetraxis

Hi Corey,

I just checked on my account here at work and got:

Error
The Remote Auction House is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

So it appears it is currently down for some sort of maintenance and I unfortunately do not have a time at which it may come back online.

If you have any further questions or concerns about this issue, please select the "REOPEN TICKET" button below to provide us additional information. Thank you for being a valued customer and contacting us today - we hope you continue to enjoy your experiences with Blizzard Entertainment!

Regards,

Blake K.
Account & Technical Services
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.battle.net/support

1 hour ago

corey thompson

Kaloril @ Borean Tundra

The AH is not what I am having problems with, its the website in general, I can not view my characters, but like if I were to put my Main toon in the search field I can view him, but I can not do anything else, every time I try and log in it just says "

An error has occurred. Please try again.
Log Out

thats the error message I am getting in the field where the login space is on the website so its not the AH, its my overall account WoW access, I can't even post in the forums. I have viewed a few forum posts as to the functionality from others, so I guess I am wondering if there is a problem on your end, I am just not 100% sure .

1 hour ago

Aetraxis

Hi Corey,

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with the forums or logging into the forums. I am not sure why exactly you may be getting the error, as I don't see anything wrong with the account on this end. I have manually refreshed the account here and you can try logging in again, but it could just be a temporary website issue. You can also try some of the steps here to see if that resolves the problem.

http://us.battle.net/support/article/100604

Regards,

Blake K.
Account & Technical Services
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.battle.net/support

1 hour ago

corey thompson

Kaloril @ Borean Tundra

Thank you for looking into this, the initial issue I was having is no longer there, I can now log into the Website, shortly after I sent my last response I was able to log in, I believe this was due to you resetting my account, so on that I thank you. although I do believe you are right, there is a temporary website issue that I have read on the forums regarding the AH now, just letting you know that the issue I was having is now resolved, so again thank you.

10 minutes ago

Oppesifion

Greetings,

Thanks for your follow up here! We are glad we could be of service. ^_^

At Blizzard, we love making games, and one of the rewards of our labor is making a connection with people who love playing them.

Don't forget to check out our new tutorial videos here!
http://www.youtube.com/user/BlizzardTutorial

May your adventures be half as epic as your loots!

Regards,

Game Master Oppesifion
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.battle.net/support
Reply Quote
haven't been able to connect via laptop keep getting battle.net error 2 message
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]