Blue offered 2 Coins for LFR; didn't get them

90 Human Rogue
I talked to a GM, and this is what happened.

http://i.imgur.com/K3Yo4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X7Srx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IxCzR.jpg
Edited by Daltin on 11/15/2012 10:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Actually, in the screenshot you posted, the GM stated that they could NOT give you the tokens since they couldn't see the bug occurring to you but they would allot you the gold for the second run.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/15/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Flatspriest
Actually, in the screenshot you posted, the GM stated that they could NOT give you the tokens since they couldn't see the bug occurring to you but they would allot you the gold for the second run.

Congratulations, you can read.

The bug occurred to me, I don't care what "the logs" say. I zoned into Amber Shaper, did not get a kill, and was saved like everyone else.

Upon going in and getting my FIRST and ONLY kill, I was "ineligible" for loot. If i wasn't saved , why wouldn't I just get loot from my first kill?

Because I had the bug. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
11/15/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Daltin
I don't care what "the logs" say.

Unfortunately, what the logs say is the only thing that matters. If they can't confirm you experienced the bug, they aren't allowed to reimburse you.

Edit: Shouldn't have said can't. It's technically within their ability, however they are not allowed to award players any item or currency without verifiable proof that the player should have had it.
Edited by Sakana on 11/15/2012 11:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
So... you thought you had a bug that was covered by the two free coins issue and put in a ticket. The GM reviewed the events and determined that you didn't actually have the bug that made you eligible, but got you approved for the loot anyway.

Now you're mad because you didn't actually have the bug you thought you did, and want stuff you're not eligible for?
Reply Quote
26 Human Hunter
So... you thought you had a bug that was covered by the two free coins issue and put in a ticket. The GM reviewed the events and determined that you didn't actually have the bug that made you eligible, but got you approved for the loot anyway.

Now you're mad because you didn't actually have the bug you thought you did, and want stuff you're not eligible for?

Sounds about right.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
This isn't a complex thing to understand. The issue is within Blizzard's "logs".

What is hard to understand? I got into LFR, didn't kill boss, got saved. This isn't hard to understand.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004017847?page=20

I'll direct you to pages of people who are in the same boat as me.

What other "bug" would it be then, professors? If there was -another- bug saving people that didn't kill the boss, then THAT would warrant compensation as well.

None of you have even acknowledged that I was locked out of loot from my -One kill- of the boss, Source: Armory. If I had killed him before, I would show -TWO- kills. Why am I locked out?

Pro Tip: Bug.

As far as awarding me the "bag of Gold i would have won , according to the logs" is a pile of crap response. Other people in the page listed above had won TIER gear from said boss, but Blizzard told them "they can't verify that the items dropped for them, so they get a bag of gold" Why can my items be verified, but not theirs?

Either I'm being lied to about them being able to see a "bag of gold" dropped, or they're lying to the other people telling them that they can't see if an item "would have dropped" for them.
Edited by Daltin on 11/16/2012 8:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
11/16/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Daltin
This isn't hard to understand.

It shouldn't be, yet you seem to be having a difficult time with it. The coins are being given to people who KILLED the boss AFTER the bug saved them. As far as I can see, you did not kill the boss in that LFR, so you get no coins.

And no, he wasn't giving you the gold "that you would have won" he flat out says that he got approval to give you the gold from a supervisor. Nothing to do with winning anything.
Edited by Scrinshee on 11/16/2012 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/16/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Scrinshee
As far as I can see, you did not kill the boss in that LFR, so you get no coins.

Earned the achievement Nightmare of Shek'zeer for 10 points.

1 day ago

1 Grand Empress Shek'zeer kills (Heart of Fear)

1 day ago

1 Amber-Shaper Un'sok kills (Heart of Fear)

1 day ago

Are you just terrible at reading comprehension? You have to be. I killed Amber Shaper on Wednesday, one day after Tuesday's "You're saved" debacle. I've explained this multiple times in this thread alone, and also in the GM conversation. Look at my armory, look at the GM log, look at everything in my posts above that I've explained.

I killed Amber Shaper, a loot box popped up that said "You won Bag of Gold! Unfortunately you are not eligible for this loot as you are saved."

This happened to multiple people. I cited a thread above as well.

If you're going to comment negatively and try to troll my comments, please do so in an intelligent manner after reading the entire post.
Edited by Daltin on 11/16/2012 8:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
You will most likely need to put in another ticket. Unfortunately, the SFAs here cannot assist with this issue.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I have, and you're just not understanding the nature of the bug that people are getting coins for. The bug that is taking place is when people attempt the boss, wipe on the boss, get saved, and come right back and down him. From reading your talk with the GM, that is NOT what happened to you.

You may very well have experienced a different bug, and if you did, feel free to report it, but it's NOT the same bug that the GMs are able to give you coins over.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I have, and you're just not understanding the nature of the bug that people are getting coins for. The bug that is taking place is when people attempt the boss, wipe on the boss, get saved, and come right back and down him. From reading your talk with the GM, that is NOT what happened to you.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. People are receiving coins for wiping on the boss day 1, coming back on day 2 and killing him. I fall into this category.

The GM said he had no records of me even fighting the boss! I can tell you in detail what happened on the attempt.

We reached the final phase of Amber Shaper after people managed to barely kill the adds over the course of the first two phases. When people started getting turned into Amber, two different people in raid chat were saying what to do.

One say "Kill the adds!" and one correctly said "Burn down the boss, constructs debuff the boss"

We wiped due to split DPS around 20%. Multiple people left, and after we had less than half the group, I left as well.

So if there's another bug here, I'll file another GM ticket as well, but I do not believe there is a second bug at play here. Other people are experiencing everything I'm detailing here.

Though I do wonder if dying as the construct has anything to do with people being locked out of the fight, but for whatever reason, not getting their coins.

Source: people from my realm, people I interact with, people on the forums.
Edited by Daltin on 11/16/2012 8:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Same thing happened to me and a GM is unable to help. Seems only people who killed the boss on the same day/raid as the bug occurred are eligible for the free charms.

I was in a LFR with a couple guildies on Tuesday - Amber Shaper Un'sok, Amber Monstrosity dies one attempt but raid wipes after that on phase 3. Raid faills apart, people have to leave, including me. We're all saved to that boss and ineligible for any loot and choose to wait for a fix. Another guildie who stayed in the raid got the Elder Charms when he logged in. Others that left and killed the boss after the bug was hotfixed but who were still ineligible because of it received nothing and are told by GMs that we're not on this "list" and that is all they can go by.

Not tragic by any means, but still annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Same thing happened to me and a GM is unable to help. Seems only people who killed the boss on the same day/raid as the bug occurred are eligible for the free charms.

I was in a LFR with a couple guildies on Tuesday - Amber Shaper Un'sok, Amber Monstrosity dies one attempt but raid wipes after that on phase 3. Raid faills apart, people have to leave, including me. We're all saved to that boss and ineligible for any loot and choose to wait for a fix. Another guildie who stayed in the raid got the Elder Charms when he logged in. Others that left and killed the boss after the bug was hotfixed but who were still ineligible because of it received nothing and are told by GMs that we're not on this "list" and that is all they can go by.

Not tragic by any means, but still annoying.

It is what it is.

I'm most curious about the people that had tier loot drop for them. GMs told them "There's no way for us to know if the Tier actually dropped for you, so here's a bag of gold", but GMs told me that they could tell for certain that a bag of gold would've dropped for me.

The inconsistencies here are what is bothering me. I couldn't give less of a crap about the coins, I just want some damn consistency.

Blue CM offered a statement that implied all that were saved were going to be covered by this 2 Charm decision.

Then GMs say different things. Can you see the loot or not? You clearly can, because you knew I had a bag of gold drop. So why can't you "see" the tier droppings for other people that got hosed by this worse than others?

Edit: here's a quote from a GM http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004017847?page=23#451
I have checked the game logs and verified that you should have received some loot. However, when a player is determined ineligible for loot, no logs are created for that player showing items that have dropped, so we can't verify what was supposed to be received.

If no log was created when I was ineligible for my Bag of Gold, how did you "know" my bag of gold was supposed to drop? It seems obvious that the GM I spoke to just wanted to make it seem like he was helping me out, "Oh, look at that, a bag of gold would've dropped for you!"
Edited by Daltin on 11/16/2012 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Ahem.

Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Ahem.

You may very well have experienced a different bug, and if you did, feel free to report it, but it's NOT the same bug that the GMs are able to give you coins over.

11/16/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Scrinshee
This isn't hard to understand.

It shouldn't be, yet you seem to be having a difficult time with it. The coins are being given to people who KILLED the boss AFTER the bug saved them. As far as I can see, you did not kill the boss in that LFR, so you get no coins.

And no, he wasn't giving you the gold "that you would have won" he flat out says that he got approval to give you the gold from a supervisor. Nothing to do with winning anything.

Sounds about right.

11/15/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Sakana
I don't care what "the logs" say.

Unfortunately, what the logs say is the only thing that matters. If they can't confirm you experienced the bug, they aren't allowed to reimburse you.

Edit: Shouldn't have said can't. It's technically within their ability, however they are not allowed to award players any item or currency without verifiable proof that the player should have had it.

11/15/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Flatspriest

Just so we're all clear here, I got my coins 2 days ago, since I did in fact have the bug in question.

Thanks for playing.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
That's a mighty big chip on your shoulder.

Gratz on your coins.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
That's a mighty big chip on your shoulder.

Gratz on your coins.

ty, ty. I'd like to thank all the people that believed in me.

But seriously.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004017847?page=41

This issue needs more attention. 41 pages, no blue post in 21 pages.

Not an issue for this forum.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'd call the fact that some GMs say "it's not within their realm of power" to hand out Elder Charms, and some GMs hand them out, well within the scope of the "Customer Support" forum.

"I did investigate as to whether you were eligble, and was unable to find the proper documentation. I apologize for the inconvience. As in game customer service, we do not regulate the policy regarding this, nor are we able to pass complaints to the persons responsible. Please use the suggestion feature or the forums to pass your experieince along so that the proper actions can be reviewed."

immediately followed by

First of all, my apologies for not being able to catch up with you live; however, I have checked in to your report of a lost charms.

I have returned the item you requested, you should find your total amount of charms changed by 2.

I would like to apologize for any trouble or inconvenience this has caused and hope you continue to enjoy playing.

This is as much a bug as it is a Customer Support issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]