Dirty little tanking secrets.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like to queue for LFD with a guildie healer, and play like I just bought this account off of eBay.

If someone calls me out or tries to kick me, I then flip a switch and start destroying the dungeon in dps and healing. If no one calls me out, I continue on my merry fail way.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I taunt off DPS if they pull aggro.

Once.
Edited by Quard on 11/19/2012 2:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I'm leveling this toon (my second tank) and figured out this fun little trick the other day. In a group with a BM hunter I switch to battle or berserker stance and then only pick up threat on the mobs the hunter isn't attacking. I then repeatedly ask him to turn pet taunt off (even though I know it already is) until he rage quits or gets vote kicked.

Might sound mean, but my main through wrath and cata was a hunter. Nothing prepares a hunter for the world (of warcraft) like a little LFD hazing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Anytime i get one of the healers who likes to be a jerk, or freaks out and spams enough heals to drop them to 80% while we are just standing there, i like to forget i have CD's and mana sponge as much as i can untill they are oom, then pull the next pack and down them without any heals

In H-palace, if any melee dps have been pissing me off, then on weaponmaster i like to position him just right so they either have to stand with me, ot get hit by a axe or fire, or the darts
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Sometimes during raids I use an adult diaper to avoid having to leave my computer to take a bio break...
Reply Quote
64 Undead Warlock
-I take my pants off if I get a female healer
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I have no clue what I'm doing most of the time. I pull !@#$. Pop cooldowns. I don't taunt off of stupid DPS more than once and everything just "magically" dies. I think they're scared of my green skin.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
During Firelands I told the guild that the turtles were a nod from Blizzard to Mario, then proceeded to laugh hysterically when many of the dps died by trying to hop on their heads.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I don't look at my screen while tanking. I position the mobs, drop death and decay, and spam d (deathstrike) and 4 (blood boil) with my left hand, while I read the news on my second monitor. I only look back my wow client once I no longer hear the "ting-ting" noise of combat, and then move on to the next pack.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
When I run LFR for off-spec (dps) gear, I afk 85% of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
11/19/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Weakness
-I take my pants off if I get a female healer

The name says Weakness.

The post says Feanorion.

11/20/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Kaitelynn
When I run LFR for off-spec (dps) gear, I afk 85% of the time.

I just arbitrarily guess when I have enough threat to last the fight and tab out
Edited by Ðemolition on 11/20/2012 11:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I transmog level 40 plate to my level 90 gear and tank instances with horrible gear on.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I never ever stop pulling and then make fun of healers if they are oom
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I was tanking Prince in Kara as a druid. Prince was at 40% but I had to !@#$ like, several minutes ago. I bailed to the bathroom, we got lucky with infernos, Prince died. It was only our second successful kill.

If you are doing crap damage, but constantly yelling "go" or pulling mobs for me - I'm going to sit there until you get vote kicked or I do. Absolutely NOTHING gets under my skin more than the worst DPS in a five man being an impatient little @$@%.

I actually like playing with crappy players; some of my best WoW memories are walking into guilds - taking over the raid leadership position - and pulling people through content they never would have seen without me (no longer relevant with LFR).

I'd significantly rather get stuck with three %^-*ty dps who are nice people than three awesome DPS'ers who can't stop being #$%hats the whole run.

I haven't raided seriously since WoTLK (and not *really* seriously since Vanilla); I'm not in a hurry to do anything, and I'm not above being childish if I don't like the group I get and refusing to tank, but also refusing to leave. Be nice and I'll rush you through.
Reply Quote
sometimes I taunt myself for pulling too much aggro
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
If a DK DPS channels Army on the pull, I get up and get another drink and cheer them on.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
am i the only one who never talk to his group in dungeon?
in cata when my druid was my main i was tanking dungeon in cat form
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't use any aoe abilities when the dps runs to me after pulling !@#$.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/19/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Launders
Back in WoTLK I used hysteria on Dreamwalker (when it was a blood talent) and was subsequently kicked from my guild.

That. Is. Pure. Win.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
ON garajal.. when I'm tanking and voodo comes out.. I kill atleast 4 people in LFR. Just watch them get low.. Turn around /sit...

They die. *chuckles*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]