Any plans for resto's Wild Mushrooms?

90 Troll Druid
In my opinion, as it currently stands, Wild Mushrooms for restoration, are very under powered. They suffer heavily from AoE DR and don't do much for healing. I feel as if it is a pretty large waste of 3 gcd's to even use them on a fight, especially if you have T14 2 piece bonus. On H:Spirit kings the first boss, Mushrooms are doing ~2.2k - 2.5k per person on a full 25 man stack scenario. Pretty bad, compared to other healers AoE abilities.

I realize that we have Wild Growth and Swiftmend also, and Swiftmend will be better with the 4 piece bonus, though I still feel like after I use those two, I feel like I have to sit and wait for those cooldowns to come back up. Even with the 2 piece bonus, spamming rejuv isn't very healthy on mana.

Do the Dev's have any plans to make Mushrooms any better or any changes planned?
Reply Quote
I would not shed a tear if they removed them all together. That would free up to more keybinds for me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
What I think should happen is this:

• Keep the current cooldown as is.
• Condense the healing of all 3 mushrooms into 1 mushroom.
• Only allow 1 mushroom to be down at a time.
• Don't make them be affected by AoE DR.

Doing this would make them viable in both PvE and not make them overpowered in PvP (as if they are even used in PvP). It would only cost 1 GCD to drop the mushroom and it would do the healing of all 3 combined without the AoE DR cap destroying the healing. You know, maybe even up the spell coefficient a bit, cause if you think about it, ~24k healing on a 10 second CD is still pretty poop, thought it would be a buff from where they are now.
Edited by Lohkán on 11/16/2012 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Or you could make mushrooms attachable to raid members instead of the ground. Then I would literally use the spell.
Edited by Blackklisted on 11/16/2012 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Thing is you are wasting 3 (short) globals for a mediocre heal. It has potential but it's so inconsequent, players just don't bother using it. Same thing for balance.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
here's a suggestion:

Remove the on-use heal from wild mushroom: bloom
Instead, wild mushroom: bloom places efflorescence. Identical strength as the swiftmend one.

What do you think? too op?
Reply Quote
here's a suggestion:

Remove the on-use heal from wild mushroom: bloom
Instead, wild mushroom: bloom places efflorescence. Identical strength as the swiftmend one.

What do you think? too op?

I will take it one step further. Have the mushrooms sprout from Efflorescence. You will still need trigger the Mushroom Bloom manually. This makes Efflorescene placement a little more crtitical.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
nice idea, but that doesn't solve the problem of poor druid performance in situations where the raid is stacked up. Shrooms barely heal.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I would think dropped a second Efflo would be a bit over the top, if it is kept at full strength.

With 4 piece bonus, the Swiftmend efflo downtime is about 4.5 seconds. If you add that to mushrooms, you could keep an Efflo on the ground for probably close to 100% of a fight. On that basis, I would say that is taking it too far.

Now, something else I thought of - Make mushrooms like the ones Death Knights receive from Symbiosis. In the sense that it is a pulsing heal, the pulse would scale with haste, and ideally, wouldn't be affected from AoE DR.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
There was a tweet from GC a while back that said he agrees they're not where they should be, but that they still don't resto shrooms to be used rotationally.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I remember seeing that a while back, but 5.1 is right around the corner and I've heard nothing of Mushrooms being touched in any way, shape, or form.

Just another "All talk, no action" post from GC.

Also, on the note of "noting being part of the rotation". Currently, without 2 piece bonus, rejuv costs an obscene amount of mana and is unable to be used in extreme amounts unless you have large mana cooldowns to back you up from other healers. The current healing "rotation" so to speak, is to drop a Swiftmend, Wild Growth, Rejuv on people taking moderate to heavy damage and drop Mushrooms for the filler if you have the globals to spare.

Mushrooms are going to be used more often than not if the time permits. Though, right now, I feel like I am wasting so much time dropping 3 mushrooms to do a total ~150,000 healing - IF it hits all 25 people in the raid. I could cast a NS'd Healing Touch and a Swiftmend in two globals and do more healing than Mushrooms do.
Edited by Lohkán on 11/16/2012 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It would be nice if a dev or some blue would post, letting the community know if and what plans are being made for Mushrooms.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'd like it if it was around... say ~15-20k ish per person? And doesn't get DR. I mean.. ATM it's hitting around 2k >.>

Or perhaps have a HOT out of it that lets it continue to heal around 15-20k
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Hmm that's interesting. Like a mini-tranq with that idea. Heals for a good amount, then places a hot on the person. Just wouldn't want to see the hot portion be something like the regrowth hot. That'd be too little.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
wildmushroom detonate is kinda good for the mana it takes...it can do 250k-300k on average every 10 seconds... how is that !@#$ty?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/17/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Ozoreo
wildmushroom detonate is kinda good for the mana it takes...it can do 250k-300k on average every 10 seconds... how is that !@#$ty?

Wtf are you talking about? 250-300k on what? 1 person? 2, 100?

Unbuffed my 1 Mushroom hits for 7.8k buff prolly 10k and is subject to DR. I guess if you want to waste 3 GCD for that little amount of healing go ahead. My healing touch crits for 300k alone.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/16/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Eluial
There was a tweet from GC a while back that said he agrees they're not where they should be, but that they still don't resto shrooms to be used rotationally.

Idea:

Bloom Changes:
- Wild Mushroom: Bloom (Bloom) Mana Cost now 40.8% base mana (24480).

Bloom Mechanic Changes:
- Only one (1) mushroom may be placed at a time
- Bloom causes the Wild Mushroom to grow rampantly, instantly healing all nearby targets for (78.4% of SpellPower). In addition, Wild Mushroom will apply Wild Growth to all friendly targets within 8 yards of the Wild Mushroom.

Wild Mushroom Changes:
- Whenever the druid casts Swiftmend, the mushroom will also cast Efflorescence on itself.

Should help out with AOE healing?
Edited by Cyous on 11/17/2012 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
place them right and they can do alot
just cause u suck doesn't mean the rest of us do
now cut the !@#$%en
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
place them right and they can do alot
just cause u suck doesn't mean the rest of us do
now cut the !@#$%en

No they don't.

I assume you don't know much because shrooms don't hit for 300k... If they healed for 300k per person why would anyone complain? I assume you are saying 2-3k.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Well , heres a couple of ideas :

A) Let it have a HOT lasting say... 5 seconds and does 5-7.5k every second no DR and probably increase the CD and mana by a little.

B) Let it be an efflorescence-like effect by having the CD increased to 30 seconds and you get the HOT by standing on the perty circles on the ground. Does around 20k healing per person with 1 mushroom = 60k with 3 mushrooms no DR , mana increased and it lasts for 10 seconds

C) Turn it into another raid-wide CD by putting it on a 2 min CD only 1 mushroom can be placed and once again you must STAY in the green circle to get the effect which like above heals for 20k every 2 seconds for 10 seconds? No DR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]