Alliance PvP

90 Pandaren Hunter
Panda lady still won't give me the firework launcher. :(

And frankly, given my own pvp skill, I don't think I feel like I have a right to comment much on others. I do okay most of the times. Though, apparently, when I'm woogie on sudafed, I become some sort of zen murder machine. I really have no idea how that works out...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Sweet, how convenient. If anyone ever asks what happened to world pvp on this server, I don't have to get into any drawn out explanations about histories or tensions or grudges or anything like that. I can just link them this thread.

I mean, for cryin out loud, it didn't even start with an @ symbol.

And special note to self: supply Novi with mass amounts of sudafed during battlegrounds. :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
People, people. I feel that this banter is distracting us all from our true purpose in life.

Slaughtering each other.

P.S. If you are confused, I would like to redirect you to Malkavet's brilliantly designed flow chart.
Edited by Morgaath on 11/20/2012 12:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Not much of a flow chart when every listed destination (and every step along the way) is just the word "kill."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
[[ I wasn't going to post. Really, I wasn't. But in light of the holiday season, I think I will.

As a Character, this toon has disdain spiked with liberal amounts of contempt and flashes of temper to serve to the Alliance.

As a player who has engaged in pvp, I am thankful for consistency. So here ya go. I am thankful for Mixler, Kelliana and Welda, just to name a few. And I am a sad (but leveling!) panda that I don't see Loderain (sp?) the DK show up to world pvp stuffs anymore. I used make it a specific practice not to hit him unless he hit me first, just cuz...random silly can be fun even in pvp. And then I'd /cry to let him know it isn't personal. And so let me be clear here. It isn't personal. It really isn't. If you see my character /thank you once we've had interaction, it is because I like the consistency and I really am glad to see you show up. World pvp simply doesn't exist unless you show up. So there's my "I'm thankful for" msg for the holidays.

And now, just so this doesn't end on a carebear note--I'm mad that not one of you showed up to EITHER of my choices of world pvp when it was my turn. MAD, I tell ya! So when my panda hits 90 and she gets her war wolf, you had better durn well show up!! Don't make me wake my one and only A-side toon to msg you where and when! *shakes a fist* Be there! ]]
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
[[ I wasn't going to post. Really, I wasn't. But in light of the holiday season, I think I will. ...*shakes a fist* Be there! ]]

Um, wow, thank you. As for Lorredain, I don't know where he's been, he kinda disappeared. I'm worried, but unless he hops onto WoW or Skype, there's not much I can do about it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
People, people. I feel that this banter is distracting us all from our true purpose in life.

Slaughtering each other.

P.S. If you are confused, I would like to redirect you to Malkavet's brilliantly designed flow chart.

Yeah ok whatever Duka---heeeeey, wait a minute. XD
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Slaughtering each other.

Yeah ok whatever Duka---heeeeey, wait a minute. XD

HAH got ya! Duke and I have traded places for the time being!
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 03:21 AMPosted by Eliais
Not much of a flow chart when every listed destination (and every step along the way) is just the word "kill."

No one said it was complicated

Ahem, no. I don't play center sir. Fall back in buddy. :)
Edited by Dukago on 11/20/2012 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/20/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Dukago

No one said it was complicated

Ahem, no. I don't play center sir. Fall back in buddy. :)

NEVER!!!
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 12:25 AMPosted by Morgaath

Yes, there IS a flow chart for that. It's quite helpful:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=350911261668954
Reply Quote
( I'm just gonna take the time to say that PVP used to be really amazing on Feathermoon, back before Cata launched. There were loads of participants on both sides of the faction fence and, aside from a few llamas of drama, everybody had a pretty excellent time. I still remember some truly epic battles in Ashenvale and the like, against folks like Duke, Ebon, Biara, and.. erm... that rogue guy. I've forgotten his name, but he was pretty darn good and doesn't play anymore. Uskel, maybe?

I've never really been that good at pvp, but I had a hell of a good time.

I kinda feel like that Golden Age ended with Cata though. A lot of the Alliance PVP community stopped... um... pvp-ing. At least regularly. Don't really know about the Horde. I remember a few Errant Pride attacks and there only being a couple of people interested at all in defending. Also, Tol Barad sucked. Both due to mechanics and due to the fact that the Horde always seemed to have lots more dedicated PVPers, at least until about midway through the expansion.

Personally, I feel like a combination of Flight and stronger guards made world pvp a good deal less fun, but your mileage may vary. I'm not shy about saying that I haven't really enjoyed World PVP since flight got introduced, as it turned into standing-around-and-waiting-for-the-enemy-to-regroup-in-the-air if your side won the initial conflict or respawning-on-the-ground-and-having-the-whole-enemy-force-swoop-down-on-you if they lost. Although I did hear that the last big world pvp fight was fun.

Anyhow, to wrap up- In my personal opinion, the Golden Age of FM pvp is over. But I'm willing to give it a chance in 5.1. Hopefully there'll be a mechanic in the zone to restrict flying- a la Wintergasp. )

( EDIT: JUST READ THE THREAD. OH MAN DID I EVER DO THAT WRONG! OKAY, SORRY. LET ME TRY THIS, TOO!

Um.. erm... okay. Malkavet- you are a noob, sir, and you smell of wee. But you are loads of fun to RP with. Wait, no. Let me try again. Kell, you are overpowered and your class sucks and stuff.

HA! Did you see that? I did it! :D

Okay, in all serious, FM is probably still one of the non-PVP servers for PVP. And it is, outside of that, just plain awesome. ^^)
Edited by Jazari on 11/20/2012 1:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Nomads cross the silver border leading through the Errant stream. Pride leads those, who Adapt to this harsh environment, to fight and Overcome the weak. They carry the Thundering Hammer to the Clan of the forgotten. It is their Order of saints that take the Rose beyond the vale.

Doing this is actually a lot of fun. :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Nomads cross the silver border leading through the Errant stream. Pride leads those, who Adapt to this harsh environment, to fight and Overcome the weak. They carry the Thundering Hammer to the Clan of the forgotten. It is their Order of saints that take the Rose beyond the vale.

You are the mad libs champion of the universe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The key to effective trolling is to NOT be emotionally invested in your own vitriol.

And Welda: Don't mistake antipathy for anger. Most of us feel the same way about you that we would about a giant bucket full of maggots. You want to light it on fire not because you're mad at the maggots. They didn't do anything to you. But you'd rather not have to look at them or smell them anymore either.

oh if only i had the time to respond to every insult you take such pride in putting out.

but no, glad you're morally comfortable with talking to a complete stranger like dirt, then keep your nose in the air like you've accomplished something in life.
sorry you had to get a healer to save you, bet that 2v1 hurt a little. :(

lol, if my day weren't long enough already i'd prolly contribute :)
Edited by Welda on 11/20/2012 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

oh if only i had the time to respond to every insult you take such pride in putting out.

but no, glad you're morally comfortable with talking to a complete stranger like dirt, then keep your nose in the air like you've accomplished something in life.
sorry you had to get a healer to save you, bet that 2v1 hurt a little. :(

Welda, shtoppit. Or no catnip. >.>
Edited by Kelliana on 11/20/2012 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
but he's mean :<
and i like catnip...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I'm still not sure giving me mass amounts of sudafed is good for me. I'll just end up at my computer with a tiger hat 'winning'.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
((The golden age of Feathermoon World PVP was in early 2005, so if you didn't do the Southshore Shuffle y'all can step off.))
Reply Quote
( ... This is probably true, but I had not even -heard- of WoW in 2005.

/tinybaby :p )
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]