Alliance PvP

90 Pandaren Hunter
Yup. And I think it's the moral of that story with the fellow and his donkey. They tried to cram too much into one area. And honestly, they really let the pvp folks down. The only way you end up flagged there is either accidentally hitting the wrong NPC, a flagged person or bumbling into guards. Call me old fashioned but if I see someone I wanna fight, I stand, type /pvp and go to it. And it's hardly fun hoping someone doesn't bring their mobs to you so you can't use any aoe or else the pain train is coming in. :(
Reply Quote
Novi! Why are you Alliance. You totally need to come join us in the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Here are all these humans, elves and other filthy miscreants galloping about our proud new outpost

Filthy... Says the forsaken....
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I will say this about Krasarang: yesterday Bricu, Ulthanon & I were going for a rare spawn, and a goblin warrior from Sword & Quill was defending it with the summoned elites. It took us a good fifteen minutes of fencing before we managed to get Ubunti down, and I think two of us still died in the bargain.

Krasarang has its faults, but anything that allows one player to hold off three (and gives the three a reason to fight the one besides "RED NAME") is going in the right direction.
Reply Quote
I don't disagree with that Tarq - but imagine how that fight would have looked if you had gone after that rare spawn and stayed blue the whole time. Suddenly the 'right direction' you're enjoying has gone right off the tracks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Actually, the elites flag you and pull as a group, which is a nice touch.
Reply Quote
Yeah unfortunately nothing else does.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
What bugs me is, how does the Tower Supremacy buff even work? Always when I've had it as Alliance, its a 1-2% buff to damage and health. For Horde though, it gives between 20-23% increase in damage and health. So my question being: how the bugger does it determine that number? It sorta makes a fair bit of difference in some of the fights out there in the zone.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/02/2012 04:08 AMPosted by Uchel
What bugs me is, how does the Tower Supremacy buff even work? Always when I've had it as Alliance, its a 1-2% buff to damage and health. For Horde though, it gives between 20-23% increase in damage and health. So my question being: how the bugger does it determine that number? It sorta makes a fair bit of difference in some of the fights out there in the zone.

Blizz faction favoritism.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/02/2012 04:08 AMPosted by Uchel

How did you get those percentages?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/02/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Kelliana

Mousing over the buffs.

I've seen it too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/02/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Eliais

Mousing over the buffs.

I've seen it too.

Well yeah, mousing over, but there weren't any other factors than tower control? Maybe the Horde had all the bases as well as the towers when their buff showed 20%? I don't usually buy into faction favoritism claims, but that'd be pretty blatant.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Maybe it scales based on zone population? Just spitballing here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have noticed the same thing with the guards as well. Saturday morning three of us were fighting some Horde, when we threw guards down at Lion Landing's nodes, they only had roughly 800k health, but when we went west and the horde threw down guard, they had over 2.5m health.
Reply Quote
The same thing was happening to us on the first three days of Krasarang. Our elites were spawning with 250k and we were fighting Alliance elites who had 2.5M. Yesterday? The opposite was true. I have no idea why. I'm sure there's a hidden mechanic there that explains the discrepancies but I've searched and been unable to unearth anything definitive.

It is possible there are tooltip errors in play. I know that Blizzard made a tooltip change in 5.1 that was intended to fix some reporting errors. Perhaps they buggered it up. OR perhaps there is something related to quest turn-ins or, as Tarq suggested, Zone population. On a lower pop server like ours the relative A:H population in a single zone could vary wildly from day to day.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
12/01/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Malkavet
Novi! Why are you Alliance. You totally need to come join us in the Horde.

Well, I used to be horde. :x I should bring my old hunter over one of these days. But all my RL pals are on the blue side, so here I am.

And before you ask, they know where I sleep.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Novikova
And before you ask, they know where I sleep.

The Alliance doesn't deserve you. Come home.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I will say this about Krasarang: yesterday Bricu, Ulthanon & I were going for a rare spawn, and a goblin warrior from Sword & Quill was defending it with the summoned elites. It took us a good fifteen minutes of fencing before we managed to get Ubunti down, and I think two of us still died in the bargain.

Krasarang has its faults, but anything that allows one player to hold off three (and gives the three a reason to fight the one besides "RED NAME") is going in the right direction.

ZOMG! I finally got myself some rep on the server!

*queue the fireworks and dancin' girls*

To be fair, the only reason it took ya'll so long is that those guards did most of the work. A bit unfair? Perhaps. Entertainin' and hilarious to watch? You bet! Besides, I was in a foul mood after bein' facerolled by the Alliance Rares and that evenin' worked that stress right a way!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Those guys were not impressed by Feign Death.
Reply Quote
Damn you Tarquin, you killed the thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]