Question on dungeon running a rogue

40 Blood Elf Rogue
I have a 30th level Blood Elf rogue. I am thinking about running some dungeons with her. I am not quite clear what the rogue's role is in the group. Can some of you more savvy members clea this up a little bit? Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
DPS...that's all.
If CC was involved then you would be very useful, but just kill things in the dungeons
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
when it comes down to it you are only expected to do damage, but there are other subtle ways to contribute.

the largest one is interrupting spell casts. taking the time to Garrote or Kick a caster type mob that happens to be out of range of the tank can help. just make sure not to keep attacking and draw aggro and move the mob towards the tank. generally interrupting spells is good to do as much as you can.

also, rogues, as any damage dealer; should partake in minor crisis management. if a mob has started to attack the healer and the tank is not aware, it helps if you take some time to control the mob with stuns/incapacitates, or draw the aggro from the mob and pull it to the tank. basically you should use good judgement and use crowd control abilities if the tank or healer is about to die.

rogues can stealth ahead and Sap certain mobs to remove them preemptively from the battle, but that is generally frowned upon since dungeons are mostly about gathering and killing mobs together.

sorry if this post sounds condescending, you just sounded like a new player and i couldn't help myself.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Sinister strike POW
Sinister strike POW
Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy Not enough energy
Sinister strike POW
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
You can also look forward to opening a lockbox or two at 90. Its about the only thing rogues are good for atm.
Reply Quote
40 Blood Elf Rogue
Thanks for the input. I do have a main and a few other alts. This is my first rogue and I wanted to be sure I used the class correctly to avoid any problems during a run.
Reply Quote
88 Human Rogue
Just to save you some hearing loss and annoyance, consider turning off "Not Enough Energy" verbal cues. It can otherwise be maddening to hear "I don't have enough energy" about 4-5 times a second.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Or you could just wait for more energy. Rogues aren't GCD locked. No need to spam. :)
Edited by Aeriwen on 11/17/2012 1:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Human Rogue
11/17/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Aeriwen
Or you could just wait for more energy. Rogues aren't GCD locked. No need to spam. :)

Old Habits from cata combat.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Pretend that you're a dps and yell "PEWPEWPEW"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]