Tyrande, Night Elves and You!

91 Night Elf Druid
So, I've been overly negative these last few weeks, and it's not really helping anyone. Not me, not Blizzard, and certainly not you fine forum goers.

So, lets see if we can't work out a way to redeem the Night Elves and Tyrande.

Obviously, we can't write the story. We can, however, try and get the vibe we are after towards Blizzard.

What Night Elves need is fire. They need pride. They need to be self sufficient. They need to lose something they hold dear. A constant source of strength.

They need to experience a darkness, a bleak outlook that suffocates them. That drains the very hope from their beings. They need to exist for nothing. Nothing but vengeance and rage, and pure stubbornness to not give in. They need to fight against the Orcs, not to win, but for the sole purpose of denying them what they want.

They need to lose Elune.

I know, I know. But Ferlion!, you might be asking, Elune is the backbone of Night Elf society! Her light has guided the Night Elves through Tyrande for 10,000 years, you are saying.

And that's all true. And it's exactly why she needs to be removed from the Night Elves. Not "Haha, suckers, Elune's a Naaru".. Gone. Cut off from the Night Elves beloved leader, but still a very real diety.

"And how would you do this Ferlion, if you were in charge of the story?" asks the Blizzard/

Well, Thanks for asking guys. I appreciate the back and forth here guys! I really do.

First, I'd take a look back in the annals of Warcraft history and pull out an old mystery. Garrosh is bad news. He's mean, and he's after one thing. The big W. He wants all of Azeroth under his thumb, and to do that he needs Ashenvale. He needs it's lumber and it's resources so he can churn out bigger, badder and better war machines. And he doesn't have a limit to how far he is willing to go.

His Shaman are researching into summoning corrupted elementals from the firelands, twisted Kraken from the depths of the ocean. But I'm interested in his warlocks.

"Ohh? His Warlocks?"

Yeah, his warlocks. His warlocks who have been told the story of the Legion invasion on Dreanor. His warlocks who find the Red Mists interesting. His warlocks who discover the secret, and carpet bomb Ashenvale, Stonetalon, Darnassus and Hyjal.

His warlocks who cut out the light of Elune from every Night Elven man, woman and child in those area's. Including Tyrande.. His warlocks who deprive the Night Elves of the very cornerstone of their society. And have Velen grieve, and say that no Naruu can cure the ailment.

And then, when the Night Elves are left cut off from their goddess, have their goddess reveal herself. Have her give a mandate to her children.

"But didn't you just say you don't want Elune involved, OR be a hard light construct of chimey evilness?"

She isn't. She's a diety. A full fledged goddess of Azeroth. Or she was, before those who believed in her lost their connection to her. It's weakened her. Turned her into a shell. But more importantly, she's a mother who just lost the ability to sense her children. A mother who may never again enjoy the sounds of their voice, asking for help. She's a mother who's become uneeded in the lives of her children. She's a mother who has to tell her children she's dying from cancer.

And she's pissed. And it's all the Orc's fault.
And like good children, the Night Elves want to do one last act for their poor, sick mother.

They'll bring her justice. And they'll revel in it. And when their mother passes, and the last bit of hope and light fades from the Night Elven lands..As the Blessings on Ashenvale begin to degrade, and the sun peaks through Moonglade for the first time in recorded history...

Have the trees dripping in the blood of those who refuse to join against the Orcs.

The hounds of war need to be released. And they need to be after blood. They can't just be content for the throat. They need to nip at the heels of their enemies, let them feel every last bite, scratch, and tear.

They need to stop caring about the Alliance. About their nation. About everything.

And it needs to be Tyrande at the forefront. And once their beaten, broken, and vengeance filled husks? You need to give them back hope. A potential way to counter the red mists, and bring back their goddess. This time, not as someone to protect them, but as someone to be protected herself.

You need to rebuild them.

Least, that's my idea.
Edited by Ferlion on 11/16/2012 9:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
A variation of what Arthas did to the High Elves.

I like it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Not gonna lie, this would be a very interesting route for them.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Where are the Highborne!!!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I could get behind this.

I hope Blizz can too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm...not sure I would like this.

They need to stop caring about the Alliance. About their nation. About everything.

I might be able to handle Elune. But...this phrase started to...make me not tolerate it at all.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

I might be able to handle Elune. But...this phrase started to...make me not tolerate it at all.

So you can handle them losing their goddess which has guiding them for over 10,000 thousand years but not the Alliance which has been apart of them for 7 years?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid

It's the hook. It's not going to be necessarily permanent. It needs to be rock bottom. It needs to be dark. Very dark. Because they need to hit rock bottom. To grow beyond Elune. And to do that, they need to be torn down.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

So you can handle them losing their goddess which has guiding them for over 10,000 thousand years but not the Alliance which has been apart of them for 7 years?

Read what I said. Might, I'm not so sure this is the way to go. Ferlion I applaud you for being constructive, I truly do but..this idea...seems....aside from being big and creative it's...well I just have to respectfully disagree.

It's the hook. It's not going to be necessarily permanent. It needs to be rock bottom. It needs to be dark. Very dark. Because they need to hit rock bottom. To grow beyond Elune. And to do that, they need to be torn down.

Hmm.....well if you say it's not permanent....... so...figuratively their spirits are somewhat shattered for a time if I read you right.
Edited by Lorthuron on 11/16/2012 9:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/16/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Ferlion

I like this idea but only one thing will make me love it will the Highborne be involved?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

Have them abandon everything, then have them find hope again.

If Blizz wants to push the Night elves to the depths, then they best do it right. Because once they finally hit rock bottom, we can finally see progress.

The rebuilding of civilization will always follow its collapse.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid

I like this idea but only one thing will make me love it will the Highborne be involved?

The Night Elves as a whole will be involved. They need to be involved.

The rebuilding of civilization will always follow its collapse.

Exactly.
Edited by Ferlion on 11/16/2012 9:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
With Elune temporarily gone and the whole social order in upheaval, this opens up space for the Highborne, if anything. They aren't going to go full Azshara, but it'll be better than the untouchable thing they have now.

It makes a whole lot more sense than what's going on now where they just get snuck in and everybody pretends nothing odd is happening.

Ferlion, I know you will hate this, but Illidan could fit into your scenario.
Edited by Deerde on 11/16/2012 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
One thing if the power of Elune fades and the sun starts to shine in Moonglade does this mean that the druids will lose their powers or at least weaken it. If so MAlfurion will be weakened, Tyrande would've lost all her power. Their leadership will be torn down. How can they fight the Horde without leadership, Elune and the Ancients (maybe)?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
With Elune temporarily gone and the whole social order in upheaval, this opens up space for the Highborne, if anything. They aren't going to go full Azshara, but it'll be better than the untouchable thing they have now.

It makes a whole lot more sense than what's going on now where they just get snuck in and everybody pretends nothing odd is happening.

Ferlion, I know you will hate this, but Illidan could fit into your scenario

If your gonna have Highborne give someone new developement like Estrulen considering he has Dire Maul I think some new Night Elf development will be better. With this tearing down of Night Elven society new people can show up.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Ferlion, I know you will hate this, but Illidan could fit into your scenario.

I don't have a problem with Illidan?

If so MAlfurion will be weakened, Tyrande would've lost all her power. Their leadership will be torn down. How can they fight the Horde without leadership, Elune and the Ancients (maybe)?

There isn't any reason Malfurion should be weakened. But Tyrande will be the leader. Not through Elune, not because of Elune, but because she's Tyrande. She's someone the Night Elves trust.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
11/16/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Garlann
One thing if the power of Elune fades and the sun starts to shine in Moonglade does this mean that the druids will lose their powers or at least weaken it. If so MAlfurion will be weakened, Tyrande would've lost all her power. Their leadership will be torn down. How can they fight the Horde without leadership, Elune and the Ancients (maybe)?

There will be no such thing as leadership in Ferlion's scenario. Only a rampaging army of Night elves slaughtering everything in their way, friend or foe. An entire race having lost their purpose and their only guiding light, at their head their strongest warriors until they have no more enemies to fight or they all die.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/16/2012 09:53 PMPosted by Resileaf
There will be no such thing as leadership in Ferlion's scenario. Only a rampaging army of Night elves slaughtering everything in their way, friend or foe. An entire race having lost their purpose and their only guiding light, at their head their strongest warriors until they have no more enemies to fight or they all die.

A unified force can do a lot more then a random rampage but yet again a random rampage is better then doing nothing. I hope in this scenario the Nigh Elves turn to 'darker' magic to achieve their goals.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
11/16/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Garlann

A unified force can do a lot more then a random rampage but yet again a random rampage is better then doing nothing. I hope in this scenario the Nigh Elves turn to 'darker' magic to achieve their goals.

Leadership must exist, even in a rampaging mob. But there are leaders, and then there are "leaders".

The Government won't exist. But a chain of command will. A regression to a near tribal nature, all answering to the biggest, meanest, fiercest Night Elves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]