Tyrande, Night Elves and You!

10 Worgen Druid
Honestly dude Tyranda needs to stop sitting around in the city and get on her tiger and kick some horde !@# in Ashenvale. She is not just a spiritual leader she is a military leader and military leaders need to act. The reason night elves have no pride in their faction these days is because their leader is quite frankly doing nothing and has done nothing sense this game started. Tyranda needs to be the hardcore $%^-* she was in warcraft III not the "oh help me malfurion!" person.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/16/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Garlann
There will be no such thing as leadership in Ferlion's scenario. Only a rampaging army of Night elves slaughtering everything in their way, friend or foe. An entire race having lost their purpose and their only guiding light, at their head their strongest warriors until they have no more enemies to fight or they all die.

A unified force can do a lot more then a random rampage but yet again a random rampage is better then doing nothing. I hope in this scenario the Nigh Elves turn to 'darker' magic to achieve their goals.

Darker magic....yeah I'm not liking that. I think the original idea is good but some of the others here is..getting out of hand. I get they'll be in chaos but it would suit the situation more if Tyrande tries to keep things together..or try to anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/16/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Lorthuron
Darker magic....yeah I'm not liking that. I think the original idea is good but some of the others here is..getting out of hand. I get they'll be in chaos but it would suit the situation more if Tyrande tries to keep things together..or try to anyways.

By darker I mean Arcane. and my Arcane I mean using it more often.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
11/16/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Lorthuron

A unified force can do a lot more then a random rampage but yet again a random rampage is better then doing nothing. I hope in this scenario the Nigh Elves turn to 'darker' magic to achieve their goals.

Tyrande will resort to more sacrifices, in a false sense of hope that they can strengthen Elune before she dies.

After Elune's "death", the highborn come into play. They bring in the darker magics. They bring in arcane magics the likes of which hasn't been seen in 10,000 years. Magics that decimated the Troll empires.

Magics like Deathwing used in Day of the Dragon. Traps like that. Traps that cause horrible effects. Dark effects. Horrible magics.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Tyrande will resort to more sacrifices, in a false sense of hope that they can strengthen Elune before she dies.

After Elune's "death", the highborn come into play. They bring in the darker magics. They bring in arcane magics the likes of which hasn't been seen in 10,000 years. Magics that decimated the Troll empires.

Magics like Deathwing used in Day of the Dragon. Traps like that. Traps that cause horrible effects. Dark effects. Horrible magics.

I like this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
That...scares me...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Just turn her into a naaru and be done with it.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
11/16/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Lorthuron
That...scares me...

Which is an intended effect.

Desperation and the feel of anarchy needs to be played up. Not as a joke. Not super hero desperation.

The despair, and the weight of the places the hopeless are willing to go, needs to be palpable.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/16/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Lorthuron
That...scares me...

That's the point.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
11/16/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Ferlion
That...scares me...

Desperation and the feel of anarchy needs to be played up. Not as a joke. Not super hero desperation.

The despair, and the weight of the places the hopeless are willing to go, needs to be palpable.

It will finally give weight to what the Night elves truly are capable of, to what they used to be, to what they could once again be.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/16/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Resileaf
It will finally give weight to what the Night elves truly are capable of, to what they used to be, to what they could once again be.

What they did before or after the well of eternity?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
11/16/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Resileaf

More importantly, it will set the Night Elves up for future story without rehashing the same old immortality plot, it will introduce tension in the Alliance, will serve as a good lesson to the Orcs, and in future expansions where the war is an issue (because Blizzard said the war is central to warcraft) give both sides meaningful reasons to be upset, instead of the bright white of the current Alliance, and the pure villainy of the horde.

IT will muddle things. It will cover the canvas in grey and red and purple and green.

The page will be flooded in color, and the war for the Night Elves will be more about refusing to lend the Horde some land.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/16/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Rufyn
They destroyed the troll empire in their area.

Everyone kills trolls ;-;
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

What they did before or after the well of eternity?

Night elves were the pillar that kept the Burning Legion from reaching Hyjal. Yes, it was a joint army between the Horde, the Alliance and the Night elves, but its the Night elves that sent the most troops to their deaths and supported the two other armies until they were overwhelmed.

Its also the Kaldorei that sacrificed the most to ensure Archimonde was killed that day.
Edited by Resileaf on 11/16/2012 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Night elves were the pillar that kept the Burning Legion from reaching Hyjal. Yes, it was a joint army between the Horde, the Alliance and the Night elves, but its the Night elves that sent the most troops to their deaths and supported the two other armies until they were overwhelmed.

Its also the Kaldorei that sacrificed the most to ensure Archimonde was killed that day.

True, true but I wonder if the society fall so fast, so far down the consequences could be immense. This is a good idea only if done right and no LoL Elune is a Naaru.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
This... Is a good idea. I just wonder how the Tauren will react to being cut off from Mu'sha.

It's something to consider - If the Warlocks don't disconnect Elune from the Tauren, she'll still have some power (Although severely reduced).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
This... Is a good idea. I just wonder how the Tauren will react to being cut off from Mu'sha.

It's something to consider - If the Warlocks don't disconnect Elune from the Tauren, she'll still have some power (Although severely reduced).

I don't think A) the orcs will care what they do the tauren and B) In my opinion the tauren don't actively worship Mu'sha but simply believe it exists and uses its power minor. If Mu'sha really is Elune then what of An'she.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
After Elune's "death"

Elune wouldn't be dead for just the reason you mentioned. The Tauren would still have a belief, even if it's not the central figure in their religion.

I'm kinda taking some influence from the Belgariad here, as well as the Nightside series, where gods got their power from the people who believed in them, admittedly.

But if Elune DOES survive and return, it shouldn't be in the same capacity, as I said in my OP.

The dynamic needs to change. She can't be the beacon.
Edited by Ferlion on 11/16/2012 10:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
11/16/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Garlann
I don't think A) the orcs will care what they do the tauren and B) In my opinion the tauren don't actively worship Mu'sha but simply believe it exists and uses its power minor. If Mu'sha really is Elune then what of An'she.

I have a theory that Hakkar is An'she (Let's not discuss that here).

But we know the Tauren do in fact revere Mu'sha and Tauren Druids get power from her, as that's how the Druids have always been taught, because Hamuul was taught that brand of Druidism from Night Elves.

They didn't pick up An'she until recently.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]